Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Home, Smelly Home. [M] [Glob!]

Started by Rhindeer, March 17, 2015, 01:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Nodding at Daersen's words, Mei filed that information away and was pondering more questions when his own question snapped her back.

She looked over at him, blinking blankly for a moment, and then snapped back to the present. "Oh! Where to? I think before we do anything we need to visit that apothecary! Remember, no babies," she said, waggling a finger. "Maybe if we wind up doing that again you shouldn't...you know..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Well, yeah I know I shouldn't, but I didn't want to release all over the sheets. People have to clean those, you know? It's good to be considerate."

They hit the bottom floor, and Daersen pulled his hood up. He might've been clean, but his robes still looked like  leper's, in the sense that they were a tad bit ratty and patchwork.

"Apothecary it is," Daersen said, and he held out an arm to Mei. Prince leaped onto Daersen's shoulder and snuggled up into the ruffles of his robe.

Rhindeer

Mei was a little sad to see Prince go, for rats were fascinating creatures, but she linked her arm with Daersen's just the same as they strode out through the inn. They got some strange looks, but Mei was oblivious to them. After all, they looked like quite the strange pair, a young, pretty Thanati girl with a strange guy in ratty clothes that looked like he'd...

Well, like he'd crawled out of a sewer.

"And the apothecary, they'll be able to provide more supplies for future...adventures?" she asked as they walked.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Definitely. He owes me a favor, so he should be able to stock us up pretty well," Daersen said.

He looked down at his robes, and his nose wrinkled.

"Gonna have to get some new robes while we're on the road, too."

Rhindeer

"Yeeeah," Mei said, giving his robes a once over. "Hate to say it, but you look an awful lot like a low life in those! Or like a guy who just crawled out of a sewer! Say, what are you gonna do about your home? And all those rats? Are you just gonna leave everything there? Won't Prince miss all his friends?"

DaGlobster

"Me? Just crawled out of the sewers?" He said, mock indignation on his face.

"Preposterous."

He laughed, and he picked Prince up off of his shoulder and held him in his hands. He whispered a few things to him, and then let Prince go.

"Thanks for the reminder, though. Prince'll get the rats and roaches to keep my place tidy while I'm out."

Rhindeer

That was such a bizarre statement. Get the rats and roaches to keep his place tidy.

With a shake of her head, Mei looked around at the bustling streets around them and held tighter to her bag of things, knowing good and well that it would be all too easy for a thief to snatch it away if she wasn't careful. And she would be happy to lose anything else, but her book was priceless!

"So where's this apothecary guy live?" Mei asked.

DaGlobster

"Just down the road from here," Daersen said, and he motioned down the street. He started walking.

"If you look hard enough, you can always find an apothecary spittin' distance away from an inn. Adventurer types are always passing through inns."

Rhindeer

"And I suppose inns WOULD need that sort of thing handy, considering what people get up to in them." And at that, Mei shot Daersen a knowing look and a sly wink.

DaGlobster

"Yeah, and it's not always for educational purposes, either," Daersen said, giving Mei a wink right back.

They walked for around a minute before they came to an apothecary's shop tucked in between two larger buildings. Unlike the fancier ones, this one didn't really bother covering up the strong smell of herbs with natural fragrances. Apart from the smell, there was only a plain sign that read "Apothecary" mounted onto the door.

"Give me a second, I'll be right out," Daersen said, and he went inside.

Rhindeer

"You got it!" Mei said, and took to leaning against the building as she waited. To fill the time, she took out her book and added some notes, taking in the Serenian scenery around her.

DaGlobster

Daersen was in the apothecary's shop for around six minutes. When he came out, he smelled of herbs, and he had two containers in his hands. One was a tiny ceramic pot on a string, only big enough to hold around six grams of whatever was in it, and a small brown bag that rustled as he moved it.

He held the sack out to Mei.

"Here you go. Wild carrot seeds," Daersen said.

"She said to eat four. There's... more in there for the future," Daersen said, giving Mei a sly grin. He put the ceramic pot in his pocket.

Rhindeer

Mei was quick to reach into the bag and pop four seeds in her mouth, crunching them up and swallowing them quickly. Then she glanced down into the bag--and arched both eyebrows. More seeds, indeed! There was enough there for...well...

A lot of occasions.

Looking back over at Daersen, she nodded at the little pot. "What's that?"

DaGlobster

"Uh, some kind of herb," Daersen said.

"I told the apothecary I was skipping town, so she gave me a going away present. We're pretty good friends," he said.

"I don't know what it is. Leaves, of some sort. she said that if you burned them and inhaled the fumes, it was good for relaxing."

Rhindeer

"Oh, so like an incense then," Mei said with a nod. "Sounds like a nice woman! She wasn't too weirded out by your request? Then again, if you two go back, she's probably well used to that."

Mei nodded, mostly to herself. "You seem to know a lot about that sort of thing, after all!"

DaGlobster

Daersen had a chance to be humble, but he didn't take it. Hey, if his sexy sex-student wanted to believe he was some sort of master, then let her!

"We had a fling once or twice, yeah," Daersen said.

"It didn't really work out past that, but we're still friends."

Rhindeer

"Oh, that's good you were able to end it on amicable terms," Mei said with a nod, before she pointed to the mountains.

"Well, if that's all, we really should be going! Daylight's a-wasting, and I wanna make some good time today!"

DaGlobster

"Yeah. She looked pretty phased to see me go," Daersen said, and he looked to Mei.

"Alright, then.  Let's go. If you see any fresh robes for sale, let me know. I reckon I could spend the last of my begging money on one."

Rhindeer

"It probably wouldn't be a bad idea. At the very least, cleaner robes will also be less smelly, and smelly things attract animals. We don't really want that when we get to the mountains," Mei said with a firm nod. "There's all sorts of things there that would be happy to eat a person. Wolves, bears...though neither eat humans normally, they're still opportunistic creatures and we would be wandering into their domain."

She rubbed her chin as they walked, thinking out loud. "I know there are dragons in the Thunderblacks. I wonder if they ever migrate to the Wester Highlands? I would love to see a dragon one day. Have you ever seen one?"

DaGlobster

"I have not. I know to run for cover when you see one though," Daersen said.

He put his hands in his pockets.

"Animals shouldn't be too much of an issue, dirty clothes or not. If it don't skitter or live in the sewers, it doesn't tend to like me all that much. It's like they all think I'm bad news or something."