Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Quite a Devil [ruffian]

Started by Anonymous, May 27, 2006, 06:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

<font color=darkred>
The large cat lay gracefully across the top of a vendors hut. Not many people dared to come to the vendors looking up into her large yellow eyes and deciding they didn't need the pretty lace knittings that the lady inside was selling. One man did get near enough but a low growl from Desdemon's chest made him decide that he didn't need it anymore. Finally the brunette woman inside the station stuck her head out and looked up at the liger, her frustration was apparent.

"Do you think that you could get down by any chance? I've not sold anything all day, yo're ruining me."
The apathy that exuded from Mona made the woman sigh, Do you want me to protect you from the man you ran from or not? The voice inside the woman's head couldn't be heard by anyone else but it was evident that the woman knew who was talking. She shook her head adn went back inside the hut.

Mona, on the other hand, gently hopped off the hut and walked away. She was often hired to protect people but she when she got bored she left. The thing was, she didn't care. Walking down the streets of Ketra many people parted to let her walk through, not stopping to look at the beautiful cat because most people were afraid of her. Finally she came to an alley way and walked in to it. Sighing she laid down on the cool ground and commenced licking on large fore leg completely oblivous to anything that was happening around her.</font>

Anonymous

The woman had casually crossed her booted ankles as she leaned against the building's wall, eyeing the passerby with detached interest. These people -and beings- were too clean cut and proper to know the answers to the questions she had. It was no use asking a minor noble's daughter where an assassin or bounty hunter could find work, after all. The chit probably wouldn't have a clue what she was talking about and simpering grated on the woman's nerves.

The agitated murmuring of the crowd drew her attention however and she turned her head to see the individuals part, allowing a monstrous cat free reign to walk where it chose. The faintest flicker of a smile danced briefly over her face, amused by the sight. To a lesser degree, that was probably what it looked like when she was out in public and didn't wish to be bothered.

She watched as the graceful creature padded into the alley that ran past the building she leaned against, an eyebrow lifting slightly as the massive feline began to wash itself. The cat clearly did not belong to anyone and since no one had tacked up papers regarding a missing animal, chances were good that the cat was not just a cat, but was a sentient being.

The dark haired woman cleared her throat idly, her gold-amber eyes fixed squarely on the tawny feline. "It's a well enough day out, is it not? Are you by chance, well aquainted with this city?" Should her guess be wrong and the cat be simply a cat, the questions wouldn't cost her anything to ask. But, in her experience, cats were often roaming creatures that knew their territory uncannily well. Should her suspicions prove correct, then this cat might know of the place she sought.

Anonymous

The massive cat watched the people go by. She yawned once or twice, growled at a couple of people that got too close. For a moment she watched two dogs ince closer and closer to her before she roared then laughed as she watched the run away. Her roar also drew stares from the humans, many people stopped and openly gaped at her. Got a problem with it? she asked. Of course, she asked telipathically so most jumped as if they had saw a ghost and ran away. It was comical.

In all Mona was having a very boring, but relaxing day. What more does a cat like to do then lay around and sleep? Mona might be able to talk to humans, but she was still a cat. She stretched out on her side, her stomach facing the street and closed her eyes, letting the warm sunshine warm her fur. It was peaceful, every now and then her ear twitched to a sound of someone getting close.

Once again she heard the tread of shoes close to her ear, but this time they stopped once they came level with her. She opened one yellow eyes to look up at the women standing above her. Grumbling she rolled up on her stomach and looked up at this person who had interrupted her rest, I care not about the day, what do you want? No, Mona never really did learn those things called manners.

Anonymous

Raising an eyebrow with an expression that could have been either haughteur or disdain, the woman looked down her nose at the cat, quite unimpressed by either the feline's large size or by her little telepathic trick. "Had you not been so busy scaring the people you would have heard what I wanted. I want to know if you are at all familiar with this city."  

Her tone was dry, with only the merest hint of mild reproof. Manners were all well and good in themselves and sometimes they were helpful in gaining custom, but they were far from prevelant among the lower classes. For someone to address her rudely or impatiently was not a new event at all and she was not going to start fussing about it now, especially when it was, in reality, such a small thing. Certainly not when it was part and parcel of the character of the being she was speaking to.

Wisely enough, the woman had stopped outside the range of a swpie from the feline's massive paws, having no desire to be hurt or have to excercise her gift in broad daylight. Thank you very much, but that gift was a parge part of the reason she was so successful in her chosen profession and the fewer that knew of it, the better.

Anonymous

Desdemona looked up at the female again, not bothering to answer quite yet. She stood and streched. She leaned back on her back paws and the stretched out each back leg. She shook her brindle fur. Looking around she padded a few steps back in the alley, moving some garbage over to see if there was anything to eat. Her long tail twitched at the end as she continued to ignore the lady.

After a few moments she came back and sat down not too far from the lady. I really don't care what you want. With that she stood up and left the alley way. She looked back at the entrance to it and said, but yes, I do know this city. Why do you care?

Anonymous

Boadicea was amused and didn't bother to hide it. Her grin had a slightly predatory hint to it, but her words were light and even faintly teasing. "First you ask what I want, then you say you don't care what I want. Whoever said cats were contrary must have based their observations off you."  Her amber eyes danced wickedly, her posture still relaxed and almost careless.

Arching an eyebrow, she answered, sobering slightly. "I need to know where a good place is to find clients. Or a bounty office, if there is one. The most common place for persons working in the gray areas of the law to find work."  Her gaze had sharpened, returning to the pile of trash the large feline had been nosing earlier. "And if you can help me, I can certainly get you something better to eat than that."

Anonymous

I'm the one you're looking for. What a conicidence, eh? She said, though no form of amusement was in her voice as she spoke. And I can tell you, the only jobs you'll get nowadays are guarding wives from their drunk husbands. She snorted. This was life for her, she would love some action, some killing, you know the usual.

She sat down and licked a long forepaw, So I helped you. Bet that wasn't what you were looking for either. But that's it. Ketra definetely not full of murderes these days. Those dang guards are doing to good. Looking at the lady she lifted and eyebrow and waited for what she would say.

[ooc: Sorry for the late reply, I just had my wisdom teeth out so it was while before i could get on the computer. Also I will be gone the 24th thru about the 30th. =) ]