Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood, books and horses

Started by Anonymous, November 22, 2010, 07:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Oh, I'm sure they are." Zarifa paused, snagging a few bits of food. It was so hard to not just inhale it all, but she didn't want to make a truly awful impression on her host. He seemed sweet and Zarifa wanted to help salvage some of her first impressions with him.

She took a small sip of water, watching Eoghan eat, "But, well, I'll just have to be sneaky about it. I can't leave those books." Gesturing to the books resting near the bed, her voice rose slightly, "Look how they treat them! They've already destroyed some, used others for fires! I can't leave them there like that!"

Flushing, Zarifa gave a small laugh, "Uh...sorry. I didn't mean to yell. But, well, yes, it is rather dangerous, but I can't always find or afford help to go into places. Besides, normally I am much cooler about it all. Heroic rescues with hardly a scratch and all."

Anonymous

Thoughts from the kitchen were breaking through Eoghan's defence occasionally, but strangely he couldn't seem read Zarifa's right now. He stared at the woman as she talked, mechanically filling his mouth every time he swallowed. She was going back there?! That was madness! She'd definitely get killed this time, and then all his saving would have been for nothing. He shook his head lightly and hunched over the remains of his food.

"You certainly are a strange woman," he mumbled with the hint of a smile around his lips.

Anonymous

"How rude." Zarifa smiled, to show she wasn't angry, just slightly teasing. Her food was mostly gone, too hungry to savor it much, "I'll have you know I am much more intrepid than strange." She gave a shrug and a small laugh, "I'll be fine and I wont go back until I'm all healed up. I heal fast, being a shifter and everything."

Zarifa often forgot that not everyone was comfortable with the idea of shapeshifters. So she didn't always remember to warn people or bring it up gently.

Anonymous

Eoghan arched an eyebrow and nodded with interest, not averting his eyes from his plate. He remembered the thoughts he'd read earlier, a doggish creature she appeared to be. He had no idea they healed faster, but it would be in her favour. Without that speedy healing she'd be in bed for at least another week, but now it would seem she could move much sooner.

Standing up, Eoghan placed the cutlery flat on his empty plate and took Zarifa's. "Do you want any more of that, or would you rather sleep?" he asked.

Anonymous

"Oh. More please! If that's alright." All this healing took it out of a girl and she could use the energy. Besides, she wouldn't mind more company, though Eoghan wasn't much of a talker. That was okay, she could deal with that though. Far better than chatting with herself.

She gave another bright smile, despite the fact he seemed far more interested in his plate than her, "Besides, I could use more opportunity to pick your brain."