Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

dragon at the river

Started by Anonymous, February 17, 2011, 09:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The day was warm, much so that Kalia had to get out of the sun to avoid overheating. She had been weeks on the trail of a criminal, and yet nothing to be found. Her annoyance was evident, but she had no time to be peeved. All she needed was a bit of time to herself. She had a handy amount of gold from ripping off bandits, but not much other than that. It was enough to keep her alive if she really needed it. Kalia drew in a deep breath as she yawned, pearly white fangs flashing  before she leaned her lithe body up against the thick trunk of a tree that stood fifty men in height. It was an old giant. and its branches told the story of its long history. She could be considered a shaman, a magic user in tune with the world around her. Her spear sat next to her as she carved away at the statue she had been working on for weeks. It was the figure of a dragon, still rough and lacking detail, but her claws would do the detailing. She need to make some refinements to the wing angle and the joints, but her claws would do the detailing on the scales.

Before her the river stretched out to her left and to her right, a beautiful crystal blue river that reflected the sun's light. It was a lazy afternoon, puffy clouds floating aimlessly on their way past the glaring sun with its arc over the world, stopping for no man or woman. Kalia yawned again and set the carving down, walking to fill her water skin and to see if she could clean herself a bit better. She was such a vain creature that she actually put stock into her appearances more than most. However, she had met some female humans, and she was not quite as vain as them, but still, she loved knowing that she was looking her best.

Anonymous

It was a perfect day and Ra'rin was enjoying herself. Yarra was off being young and manly in the woods, probably trying to hunt something. Though the boy was a little clumsy and cocky to be a truly great hunter. But he was learning pretty well, for all her grumbled. The boy could grumble about anything she was noticing.

Stretching, she made her way down to the river she had seen before. It was a beautiful spot, warm grass, an ancient tree and the flowing river. All the greenery was still so amazing to her, nothing like the dry desert she had grown up in.

Distracted by her thoughts and the lazy scenery, Ra'rin didn't notice the other woman at the river, filling her own water skin, staring absently into the water.

Anonymous

Kalia scratched her chin for a second as she lifted the waterskin out of the river, the excess falling back into the river's flow and disturbing the peace ever so slightly. She sniffed and immediately sensed another figure nearby. "Hello?" She inquired curiously, blinking and looking around, realizing swiftly that they were closer than she originally thought.

Sure the scenery was lazy for a summer day, but it was unexcuseable that this person snuck up behind her. However, she was not truly surprised until she saw the appearance of the woman. It was similar, yet very different. "Greetings, friend." She said once she stood up, tail swishing curiously behind her.

The appearance she had adopted was one of a shaman woman who had traveled far, her clothing still that of her tribal family in the jungle south of the desert.

Anonymous

Ra'rin startled, lifting her head when she heard the voice. The other woman's appearance startled her, similar to her own. Very different, but more similar than most humans she met, "Ah. Hello there. It's a beautiful day." She straightened, capping her skin, "Do you have lizardfolk in you?"

Anonymous

"Asch Berin, no. I am Aderian, from the jungles south of the desert. There may be lizardfolk in my blood, but if there is I do not know. Indeed a beautiful day it is." Kalia responding to her. Her nostrils flared, smelling the gentle scents of the lizardfolk before her. "Tell me, you know these parts well?"

Anonymous

"Not at all." Ra'rin gave a small laugh and shook her head, "I'm from the desert myself. So I am as new to this area as you are." She scanned the area, though Yarra was, unsurprisingly, not in site, "My companion is from here. He's off somewhere."

Giving her attention back to the woman, Ra'rin smiled, "Maybe I can be of some help? I've been traveling around here. Are you looking for somewhere?"

Anonymous

Kalia shook her head at the other woman's question. "I am not looking for any place in particular. I just want to learn the region. Let me guess, your companion is hunting?" She asked, smiling a wide grin. "It is good to meet someone from the same region. My name is Kalia, of the D'artuha clan, it is an honor to make your acquaintance." She spoke calmly. Her figure was well endowed by nature to be a mother, gentle curves that marked maturity of hominid women. Her crest was etched with gold, the marking of a shaman woman from her tribe, and her tail ridge was decorated with sapphire blue stones embedded into the scale plates that were her natural armor. By all means she was not ugly.

She yawned slightly and sat back down. "I was going to rest for a day in order to gather supplies and to rest a bit, besides, that which I seek is still on the run, if he hadn't been found, then I must move on." She added as she sat down under the tree. "If I may be so bold, what brings you to the road this far west?"

Anonymous

"Yes." Ra'rin smiled, thinking of his sad attempts at hunting. She would probably have to go hunt the food later. Ra'rin wasn't really beautiful, her features strong and sturdy. She had curves as well, though her's were more solid, muscled and tough. There wasn't much soft and delicate about her, scars running across her body.

"I can't help you much there. I only know a few places here." Tilting her head, Ra'rin realized what the other woman had said, "Still on the run? Are you chasing something?"

Anonymous

Ayzumeaerai the consummate prankster will have his first prank on these two when one of them drinks the water from the canteen, the mischeivious water elemental having put a dirty sock in there while they were distracted, as for now he creates an unnatural stream to flow quietly up the tree kalia is sitting against, and then having it fall down on her in a steadily increasing downpour, as all that can be seen of him are two well hidden eyes in the "tree stream".
[hr:1ro83s6v][/hr:1ro83s6v]
Edit: Fixed Post to add more interaction and also because I did not know that Ryvn. Sorry bout that. also fixed name.

Anonymous

(edit: yey, my muse is somewhat back.)

Kalia opened her waterskin and sniffed, smelling something off. Her eyes narrowed as she reached a claw in and fished out what appeared to be a dirty sock. "Feh." She muttered, laying it on a rock. "City-folk need to be cleaner with their resources." The water falling on her head did not bother her. She grew up deep within the rainforests, where water falling down was common, in fact it reminded her of kind memories, and she could always dry off later. Thank goodness for being a scaled being, not one of those thin-skinned humans who seemed to absorb water whenever they went for a swim for too long.

She turned her head to Ra'rin as she shook some of the water that was pooling in the ridges of her hard crest. "Indeed I am hunting someone... You see, I am a bounty hunter. I hunt criminals to earn a little extra gold on the side of my travels."