Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Alone in the world was a little CatDog

Started by Anonymous, May 13, 2011, 08:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"I thought you said the stuff was going to wear off by now?" Cat huffed, pacing as he stalked around the prone figure on the ground, his tail lashing. He was a ball of nervous energy, unable to sit still.

They hadn't been out in the world long, and the first experience with Arca had terrified Cat. Not that he would admit that. But the sheer number of people all crammed together was alarming! But they had found what they needed, the magic user the ritual required.

Crouching down, he poked at the pink haired woman's cheek. She had used magic in the street, calling up fire. Which meant she was strong enough for what they needed. Dog had come up with the plan to follow her and slip a powder into her food. And they had smuggled her out of the city and into a nearby field.

"You know, if you had just let me hit her over the head, she would be awake by now."

Rhindeer

"It should be wearing off any minute now," Dog said, squatting down beside the woman, tail wagging with anticipation as he stared down at her face, barely blinking.

"It'll be fine! Besides, you brute, it doesn't leave marks this way. Don't worry, there's still some time left. In fact..." He reached into his bag and pulled out a long, thin wooden case and unscrewed the ornate, carved top. From it he withdrew a rolled-up scroll, which he opened and held out for Cat to see. On it was a sort of to-do list with many different items written in black ink. Some of the words, the ones closest to the top, were fading away; those were the tasks they'd already completed.

He tapped one item, Wait for drug to wear off, that was written in bold unlike the other items. It was the task they were currently on. Next to it were a series of numbers, which were slowly counting down. "See? According to The List, we have less than one minute left." He tapped the words again and gave a firm nod.

"Everything's going according to plan."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"I don't care." Cat batted at The List, ears flattening in irritation. He hated that stupid thing, though part of him respected the magic that it possessed. Mostly though, it just irritated him that his brother always insisted they do everything according to that thing. Dog had once yelled at him because it wasn't time to use the bathroom yet and he had pissed against a tree.

"I want her awake now!" Cat made a low, growling sound and poked at the girl's face again.

Anonymous

One moment she was awake and the next she was having something poke her cheek. A something that wanted her awake. Adalia groaned and swiped the hand away mumbling a quiet but polite 'go away'. The ground didn't feel like her bed, the area didn't smell like her room  and it took her a moment to fully wake up and stare up ahead.

Well that wasn't a familiar face. At all.

Her head hurt and her mouth felt like she'd been sucking on a shirt. Adalia sat up and looked around herself and swallowed carefully before she looked between the two and decided to ask the question that she was most interested in. "Did... Did you kidnap me?"

Anonymous

Cat jumped back, hissing slightly, tail and hair puffing out in alarm. He hadn't been expecting her to move, though really, he should have, as he had been poking her. When she asked that question, his gaze flicked over to Dog, frowning. How did she know that?

"Uh! What?NoMaybeWhy!?"

Rhindeer

Dog gave a light yelp of surprise and jumped, but then a bright grin broke out on his face and he leaned in closer to her, tail wagging excitedly and ears pricked forward--well, except for the right floppy one.

The happiness drained into a look of horror at her accusation and he glanced over at Cat, then back at the girl. "What? No! Of course not. How could you say that?" he said and then, realizing he was still holding The List open, he swiftly rolled it back up and stuffed it back in its holder.

"That's ridiculous. We were, uh...we were helping you, of course!" He recapped the container and shoved it back in his bag, flashing her a bright grin. "How are you?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Uh, yeah! Helping!" Cat shifted, still confused at why the girl would think that. They hadn't tied her up or nothing. And it seemed like it would be easier to get her to come along with them if she thought they were friendly, rather than, well, kidnappers.

Anonymous

"Well, I don't usually wake up in strange places to see strange faces." She tilted her head and smiled, they didn't seem like they had bad intentions. "If you wanted help you could have asked."

Adalia bit her lip and stood up carefully. She hadn't been dressed to prance around in simple pants, long gloves and a baggy shirt that hung off her shoulders and ended nearly at her thighs. "I'm... A little tired, but I think that's because I just woke up." She looked between the two, mostly eyeing their ears before she cleared her throat and then rubbed a leg. "I'm Adalia," she supplied politely, "May I ask what you were helping me with?"

Anonymous

"You you just assume we kidnapped you? That's a little rude." Cat's tail lashed in agitation, watching the girl as if he expected her to explode at any moment. He glanced over at his twin again. Dog had always been much better with people than he was. He didn't like strangers much.

"Uh...we're helping you with getting to where you are supposed to be. Yeah." They would just make sure they took her in the direction of where she was really supposed to be, not where she thought she was supposed to be.

Rhindeer

Balls! Dog shot Cat another look, wishing he would just shut up! He was a terrible liar; there was a reason that he was the brains and Cat was the brawn!

He quickly butt in. "Exactly! See, we rescued you from brigands. Can't really ask you for much of anything when you're knocked out. Honestly, thinking we'd kidnapped you when we've just saved your life." Dog shook his head sadly and let out a low whine. "That's hurtful, quite frankly."

Anonymous

"Yeah! Yeah! Brigands! And we saved you!" Cat shot Dog a grateful look. He had never been as good with people, disliking strangers more than Dog did, so he had never really learned how to lie. Turning his attention back to the woman, he grinned widely, showing off his fanged teeth, "We're heroes!"

As he said that, Cat turned slightly and gave Dog a high five, both of them beaming proudly at Adalia.

Anonymous

Oh dear.

Adalia stared, her eyebrows up and she blinked a few times. Well, so much for getting their names. Their story was laughable, she would have remembered at least one brigand before passing out, but for now she just nodded and put her hands in front of her. "Oh my heroes!"

She didn't have the heart to tell them the high five sort of gave it away. These were some first class... Whatever they were. Not any sort of stealthy beings, that was for sure. "I'd had a terrible past few years, you see, I was just assuming, of course. Waking up in a strange place to strange people and no idea how I was knocked out in the first place? Surely you understand." Adalia stretched herself out, going on her tip toes before stretching her arms far up.

"I'd grant my heroes with a kiss before I'm on my way back home...But I'm afraid I don't even know your names."

Anonymous

"Names? Oh. Uh, I'm Cat, this is Dog." Cat gestured to himself and his brother. They didn't really have names, but that was what the Witch had called them, so it worked. They were just tools.

Cat studied her with his mismatched eyes, tail lashing and ears flattened back in slight irritation, "Well, it's okay. Because we're the heroes so you don't have to worry." The mention of the kiss confused him. Did she want her needs seen too right there in the field? That seemed a little weird, the Witch had always wanted to be in the bed.

Well, whatever. Pointing to his lips, Cat grinned, flashing fang, "Me first then!"

Rhindeer

"But Cat," Dog said, pulling out The List again and unfolding it so he could look it over. "We don't have time! We're on a very tight schedule and..."

He let out a sigh, looking over the two and frowning. Well, he supposed a kiss and a romp couldn't take that much time. There was a little wiggle room between her waking up and them getting a move-on, so he supposed he could make a concession. They were the heroes, right? And heroes got rewarded? It was the natural chain of events and he'd forgotten to include it on The List!

"Oh, fine. Me next, then!" he said with a grin, scooting closer to the girl.

Anonymous

Oh... Geeze. Adalia stared. Cat and Dog, huh? Well, she supposed they were suiting considering what they had attached to their heads. Like she said she would, Adalia placed chaste kisses on each of their cheeks before she flexed her hands and checked to make sure her gloves were in place.  

"So, I'm going to go home now, alright?" She stretched again and smiled widely, "Unless you need something?"

Anonymous

Adalia may have meant too, but she didn't get the chance to just have a chaste kiss with Cat. As soon as she leaned close, Cat reached up, putting his hands on either side of her face and pulling her close for a deep kiss, sliding his tongue past her lips.

Rhindeer

Wagging his tail, Dog scooted even closer and tapped Cat on the shoulder. "Hurry up, will you! Don't hog her, it's my turn!" he said with a small huff.

Anonymous

A muffled noise welled from her throat and she pushed at Cats shoulders, arching away from him and then wiping at her mouth once she got free. "What is wrong with you! That... That was..." She didn't even know that was.

"A cheek kiss! On your cheek! Not... Not your mouth... in .. my mouth!"

Anonymous

"What? You said kiss, you never said anything about a cheek." Cat frowned, puzzled. As far as he knew, that was how you kissed people. Shrugging, he moved out of the way, "Okay, your turn Dog."

Rhindeer

"How do you cheek-kiss? Cheeks don't have lips, silly," Dog said with a tilt of his head, one ear flopping from the movement, utterly perplexed at her reaction. Clearly she was confused. Perhaps the draught they'd given her had muddled her mind. Oh well! It was his turn!

Happily, Dog reached out and grabbed the girl's chin, drawing her in close, before he leaned in, ready to plant an equally amorous, deep kiss on her lips.