Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Troubles Drinking Away (Fiend)

Started by Anonymous, June 01, 2011, 09:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Draken, or Drake as he preferred to be called, sat and stared at the rather full mug of ale that he had gotten. This was the first time he had really done this- going to pubs wasn't his thing, and drinking? He feared that it would mess with his artistic ability. But today... today was an exception. A particularly nice piece of art... ruined! By his own clumsy hand! The delicate gold filigree was irreparably damaged, and the glass shattered into a thousand pieces.

It would take days to fix, days that he didn't necessarily have. It was supposed to be a gift to a neighboring noble.

At least it hadn't been magiked yet, he thought to himself. However, the incident had driven him to a quiet corner of town to finally experience something that he had only heard about before, and came highly recommended as a way to forget troubles. Drake wondered whether it was true, and cautiously took a sip of the dark liquid. His nose immediately crinkled at the strange, sour flavor, but he didn't spit it out. Placing the pint back on the table, he looked around, wondering about who else was here tonight.

Anonymous

Ailaeryth was getting bored.  The tavern was quiet tonight, and though she was familiar with most of the regulars, the woman was in the mood to do something different tonight.  Tapping her fingers against the table, Ryth debated on whether or not to head to another tavern, and stir up some trouble or something.  Boredom was such a pain.  

Catching sight of a white-haired man at another table, she watched him for a moment.  He definitely looked out of place, and to Ailaeryth at least, the newcomer stuck out like a sore thumb.  And she wasn't at all shy about approaching new people.  Getting up, she walked over to his table, and sat down next to him, giving him a friendly grin.  "Hi there, handsome."

Anonymous

Drake wasn't paying attention to anything around him, and therefore was a bit suprised when someone addressed him. He glanced beside him in surprise, then noted her friendly smile. "Hi. Nice to meet you." He met her smile with his own. "Buy you a drink?" It was the only friendly thing to do after all. And that was what he got the impression that you did when in a pub. He'd heard it said a few times already.

"I'm Drake, by the way." He offered the lady a hand to shake. If she was nice enough to come up to him, it seemed polite. For a moment, the thought crossed his mind that she was trying to solicit him. However, Drake wasn't drunk, and he could easily say no, so it didn't bother him that much. Besides, even one of the 'working women' needed a drink once in a while, he assumed. His eyes skimmed over her clothing quickly. She didn't look like one, so perhaps he'd be able to avoid all that trouble tonight, after all.

Anonymous

She grinned as he greeted her, pleased that he wasn't immediately trying to drive her off.  Her eyes lingered on his white hair for a moment before she answered him.  Ever since becoming human, exotic hair colors had held an attraction for her.  "Why thanks, hun."  Her diminutive wings twitched a bit as Ryth thanked him.  

She quickly took his hand and shook it.  "I'm Ailaeryth."  She flashed him another smile, and added.  "You can call me Ryth, though.  My name's a bit of a mouthful."  She chuckled quietly.

Anonymous

Ryth, huh? Nice name. Drake didn't mind how she looked, really- he liked dealing with exotic creatures and people. They inspired his art- something that he needed right now, after the disapointment that he had earlier. And she also had white hair! It was comforting to know he wasn't the only one his age- or at least, appeared about his age- with it. Sometimes it could get very frustrating to deal with comments about his maturity.

He grinned as she shook his hand. "Well, Ryth, my offer still stands. I'm sorry if I'm not good company tonight, though. There was... It hasn't been a good day, to say the least." His grin had faded to a reluctant smile as he spoke. "What brings you here?"

Anonymous

She grinned back at him.  "I'll take you up on that offer, then.  I'll have whatever you're having."  Ryth wasn't much concerned about getting drunk, she could hold her alcohol extremely well, probably thanks to still being, in some small ways, a dragon.  She grinned lazily at his question, leaning back against her chair.  "Just searching for a cure for my boredom."