Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Foreign book? Seems legit.

Started by Anonymous, June 02, 2011, 06:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Right. I'll have to get used to that." Zayna stated with a slight nervous smile. She really was not used to ordering someone around and probably would never really get used to it. Her "orders" would most likely only come out as vague suggestions rather than saying he needed to do something. Even if he did rely on her for those commands she would feel bad for giving them. She wanted him to do his what he wanted even if it wasn't completely possible.

She'd work on it..somehow.

"Okay. Sounds good." It was good he seemed..excited about it. It made her feel a little better about the whole thing of giving him instructions. Only a little though. She glanced up towards the hat when he started to speak to Venri. He was asking him what he'd like to do? Now she'd like to keep him out of that as much as possible but..if Venri wanted to do something she pretty much had to do it anyway..

"We have nothing we are interested in at the moment." Venri said simply. Zayna scratched her cheek a little. "He's always a little grumpy so just ignore him if he sounds mean.."

Anonymous

"You will do fine, I have faith in you Zayna!" The bookman said cheerfully, smiling rather large at her. He really liked his new owner, though he only wished he could be more...helpful at this time. She didn't seem to really want to use him for anything, and while he could appreciate that he'd really like to be able to do...something. The only thing he had done so far was make himself some clothes, and that had been nice but...there was more that he could do.

Oh well, she'd ask if she wanted to do anything!

"He sounded curt and direct, there is nothing wrong with that." He didn't mind it really, someone who was just forward with what they wanted was good. It meant there was no getting what they wanted wrong! Sometimes it was better than 'Use your own discretion for stopping those people chasing us.' That had gone horribly wrong...but he was honestly confused by the fact that his master had not been angry or upset by what he had done.

That had been the most disturbing really.

"So where are we headed Zayna? I remember the road was on the way to a city, but the merchant that was holding me was too...interested in numbers and trade for me to really want to get him to read." Having that...man as a master would have been...boring. The man would probably just try to make himself rich and that was never fun. No adventure there.

Anonymous

Zayna smiled a little at this comment. "Thanks. I appreciate it." At least one of them was confident in her abilities. She knew she'd get used to get eventually...it would just take time. And it seemed time was something she'd have a lot of since he was..well..hers now.

A nervous smile crossed her lips though when he said Venri was curt and direct. Well she supposed that left little room for them to argue or anything and maybe when Venri wasn't in such a grumpy mood he'd be more willing to be nice to Drylzx. "Ah..okay..well if you ever find what he says mean then just ignore him."

At the mention of where she was heading, she looked around a little. "I was heading for Selevea..but..." Once she had said that she realized she didn't exactly know the correct direction for it. She didn't have a map on hand and was pretty used to just asking for directions when she could. It worked out...though it would probably be better if she could get herself a map. "..I'm not entirely sure in which direction it is..."

Anonymous

A simple nod was all he needed to give back. That and a smile in return. He did have faith in his master, because he picked her. Everyone he picked was the right person after all, at least he thought so. Zayna was a far cry better than any one he had picked before, so he had definite hope that she'd figure out what to do!

"I don't think I would really care. Eternity is a long time to ever let something bother me." The school of thought was not only would he probably not understand that he was being insulted, but at the same time...Venri would be dead soon. Six ages could pass in one of his 'heartbeats' and all would have changed again. Venri was nothing but a dust mote in that time frame no doubt. So why let anything he said bother him?

The name wasn't familiar to Drylzx, he didn't exactly know the names of the cities anymore. It had been a while, and no doubt things were very different now. However there was always something that could be done. "You have me Zayna. If you just ask, I can get us in the right direction." There was no 'free will' it seemed with Drylzx. He didn't use his powers without being asked or told to. No doubt he could do something, but it was usually that he needed to be told what to do. Just how he worked probably.

Anonymous

Zayna scratched her cheek a little. "Well that's an optimistic way of thinking about it. But..as long as he doesn't bother you then everything is all good." she said, smiling a little then. She really didn't want the two of them to argue, simply because she had to listen to Venri a lot herself. She had no desire to listen to him more because he needed to argue with someone that well..wasn't her.

She stared at him, slightly confused when he said just to ask. How did that work out? Nope...nevermind she wasn't going to think about it. It wouldn't make sense if she did. "Uhm..well..ah..then can you point us in the right direction..please?"