Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Diamonds are a girls best friend

Started by Anonymous, July 24, 2011, 06:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The group had been on the move again, finding new hunting grounds. It didn't do to stay in one place for too long. Not when that would lead authorities right to them. Wren didn't really mind though, it was good adventure and exciting to get to see so many new places. Nothing to tie her down!

Plus, there were always new shops too see and merchants to visit. It had been a decent haul the last week and Wren had some coins and a bit of jewelry to trade in. It was mostly small trinkets, taken from rich men, pins and rings and things. And Wren had no use for those, she wanted pretty, delicate lady ones.

A few helpful townfolk had suggested this jewelry maker, his being the best in the area. So, when Wren had some free time, she headed to town and made a bee-line for the shop. Entering the door, she gazed around, eyes wide as she gazed around.

It was a small, dark space, necklaces and bracelets and other beautiful pieces were all set out on plush pillows. Though, as Wren looked around, there seemed to be something a little odd about a number of them, like a necklace made of brilliant diamonds and what seemed to be carved bone.

Anonymous

It was certainly a special store. The merchandise called out with unnamed properties. Beauty was a desirable aspect, but so was utility in some cases. It drew the attention of those who knew the true value of such wonderful trinket as accessories. Items ranging from cursed to imbued lay upon the shelves, beckoning those who withed to tempt fate.

A short time after the girl browsed, the jingle bell at the door rang once more and another set foot inside the store. It was a tall creature, wrapped in a long and elegant shawl, hiding most of her body. There was a hood attached to the decorative piece, but it hung around the long neck of what appeared to be a woman. Long slick horns race form her round smooth face, her skin a bluish white and littered with circular speckling like spots of a darker indigo.

Black-lined crimson eyes peered across the room, and equally black lips pursed as her attention was stolen by the glass counter. Her tall form shifted and she stepped toward the counter, her anthroic legs exposed from the bottom of her drape, showing off the indigo spotted toes on her hand-like feet. A long tail also slipped out and up from the back wear, rising and curling back over, growing flatter and wider as it reached the tip.

With her arms at her sides, two long snakelike appendages slipped out from the folds of her cloak, both equipped with matching speckled fingers at the tip. One of the serpents ran a finger across the glass gently as she looked down at the items with incredible interest, stopping slowly and turning to run back the other way as she examined the pieces.

The stranger in the store with her was hardly acknowledged at this point, herself being easily distracted by the wares.

Anonymous

When the other girl entered, Wren's jaw dropped. She had never seen anything like that before and she couldn't help but stare. And what were those extra bits?! The pretty jewels were all forgotten, Wren focused instead on the weird creature standing in the room with her.

The shop owner didn't seem to notice or care about the two woman, just leaned against one of his tables, expression bored.

Anonymous

That slithering tendril stopped finally when the girl watched it, almost as if it were in control of itself. The woman it belonged to noticed its tension and looked form the treasures to her tendril, catching a glimpse of the girl in the corner of her eye. She was being watched, wasn't she? Ruby eyes shifted over to the girl, round face following after to get a better look at her. That tendril moved again, floating over in her direction like a cautious snake, its fingers out like a gentle hand, swaying back and forth to see if the girl's eyes would follow.

A small smile appeared on her black lips once more as she acknowledged the other person in the shop with her. "Ken...I help yu?" she asked with a somewhat alluring tone, playful and a tad seductive. While this was taking place, the second tendril beckoned the owner and pointed to a few things she'd like to examine while she attempted conversation.

The girl looked strangely entranced by her, and she teasingly used this to her advantage to see how engaged the girl was. That tendril wiggled its way closer and closer until it tapped the girl on the nose with its supple flesh.

Anonymous

Wren's eyes followed the tendril, jaw still slightly open. What in the hells was that woman? She looked like some...squid or something. And her voice was odd, some accent that Wren couldn't place. But she hardly heard it, so focused on the tendril.

When it tapped her nose, Wren jumped back with a yelp, hands flying to her nose and she stared at the woman's face now, "Holy shit! What are you? What is that?!"

Anonymous

She blinked and pursed her lips at the girl's reaction, tendril wiggling smugly because it startled her. "Sush a loud child..." The creature mumbled, leaning to one side as her tendril backed away. The tendril shook a finger at her then. "Thet es no way to treat somebody yu don kno...!" she reprimanded her like a child.

"I em a Kraken...and thes es one ovmy many tendrils...!" she explained herself as if it was cumbersome to do so., tendril wiggling at the girl again. In t he mean time, the shop keeper obliged and brought out the pieces for her to look over, the second serpent bringing one at a time to the creature's attention, and she examined them curiously.

Anonymous

"What the shit is a kray-ken?" Wren was still wide-eyed and shocked, her dark skin slightly pale, though she was starting to get over it. "I ain't never seen nothin' like you before. Yer like a crazy monster or somethin'. Only not all ugly and shit."

Anonymous

The creature smiled weakly at the girl as her retorts spat from her foul mouth. "Eheh, my, sush a vulgur lettle creature...!" she gasped softly in return, standing upright and tendril returning to her side to help hold the objects she appraised.

"Someone needs tu teach yu propur mannurs, child." She nodded at the suggestion surely. "Et would du yu a world ovgood, no?" she teased somewhat, putting the piece sown and examining another.

Anonymous

"How come ya talk so funny?" Wren's nose wrinkled, finding the woman's accent weird and her alien appearance fascinating. She thought she was used to seeing weird things, spending so much time in Adela and Serendipity, but this woman had....squid bits!

"And I gots manners. I just ain't all fancy like, no need ta be." She felt her cheeks flush at the chiding comment, "Ain't nothin' wrong with my manners."

Anonymous

She blinked at the girl and those bold eyes shifted from the trinket to her. Talk funny?? She sighed and. "I em sorry for offending yu weth my voice..." she mumbled, somewhat disappointed at the girl. "I ken not help my accent, for yur language es not one fur me to speak so easely." She explained, doing rather well speaking it  in fact, for her kind.

"Child..." she paused, as if the girl's speech stunned her. "I hev lurnd tu speak yur language weth ettiquite...xurey yu ken tell yu yurself are butchering it, no?" she asked curiously. "I du hope yure physical mannurs exceed yur verbal ones." She commented, struck helpless by the girl's wording.

Tendrils replaced the second piece and were drawn to a third for her to examine, and her gaze shifted away from the girl once more to hopefully look at the jewelry, wanting to find something useful here. "I mean no rudeness, child." She continued, meeting the girl's eyes once again with a small smile. "I em Scrylett, en yu are?" she decided to introduce, seeing as how the girl had skipped over that completely by now.

Anonymous

"I ain't butcherin' nothin'. Ain't nothin' wrong wit how I speak. Yer the one who talks all funny." Wren felt her dark skin flush. Just because she wasn't all fancy and proper didn't mean she wasn't any good. She talked like everyone else she knew.

She crossed her arms across her chest, feeling self conscious, "'M Wren. An' if ya ain't meant ta be rude, ya didn't do a good job of it."

Anonymous

She decided on the last two of the three pieces she examined and paid the man as she listened to more of Wren's unique tongue. While her items were being wrapped and bagged, she turned back to Wren and smiled at her kindly. "Well I spose for yu, it couldn't be helped." She said with a soft sigh of guilt.

She still smiled at her idly while she waited for her things. "Yur blushing." She pointed out with a soft chuckle. "Did I fluster yu?" she asked curiously in a purring tone, tendrils wiggling and tail curling slightly.

The man handed her two small boxes inside a pouch and she acknowledged him, tendril wrapping around to take it and receding into her shawl like the snake it was.

Anonymous

Wren's blush darkened and she hunched a little, her expression stubborn, "I ain't blushin! Yer just insultin' how I speak and I ain't the one speakin' all funny. I ain't done nothin' ta you. Just asked wut ya are. Ain't never seen nothin' like ya before and then ya got all insultin!"

It was crazy watching her move, those tendrils were just downright creepy.

Anonymous

Scrylett just listened to Wren's ranting and accepted it, waiting for her to finish. "Tu each her own." She replied gently. "Es obvious we both hev different ways ov being offended...en we crossed." She explained in an almost motherly fashion, closing her eyes and shaking her head with a bit of certainty before she looked back to Wren with a kind smile.

She would Explain it simply then. "De way yu feel about me criticizing yur speech...es how I feel about how yu acknowledged my appearance." She simplified it in a cool tone so as not to offend.

Soon her extra limbs slid away, hiding themselves beneath her shawl, and she settled down, her posture shifting to one side as she approached, closing quite a bit of distance between them. She liked to be close, and it was apparent in her behavior.  "Now then, whots a cute little thing like yu doing here?" she purred. "Shopping for something nice, I would assume." She added, realizing that 'what other reason would someone be here?'. "Heh...let me start over. Ahem..." she paused, eyes shifting away as she pondered, her expression rather charming.

Soon, her crimson gaze and grin returned to the small girl enjoying Wren's blush a little too much possibly. "...I've..." she paused once more. "...got nothing..." she confessed with a sigh, now blushing as well at her own lack of thought. With that, her wyes drifted away sheepishly before peeking back, with that iridescent flare. "Boo, maybe?" she joked softly, chuckling and gauging Wren's reaction, leaning to the other side on her long anthroic legs.

"...just...sometimes...em really not guud et talking tu people...you've caught me off guard, child...now you've gotten me a bit flustered...!" she explained lazily. "I know I stend out...es obvious. How often do you thenk I get stares?" she rambled on. "Du not mind me...I will make en exception for yu, but only because you hev stricken me with...something...unique..." she couldn't quite explain what she felt.

With that, she let out another sigh, easing her breath and calming down, tendril sneaking out to ruffle Wren's hair before she realized. She twitched at how bold her own limbs were, but went with it and smiled that gentle smile. "Whot du yu sey I make et up tu yu after you finish shopping, yus?" she offered. "Thet sounds like a guud idea, yus." She closed her eyes and nodded surely once more, gesturing for Wren to go on and continue shopping, and offering assistance if the girl requested, Scrylett was a strange one all right, and right now, she needed some company to take her mind off things.

Anonymous

OOC: As you didn't reply after 3 months, I considered this thread dropped. I'm patient, but my limit is 3 months ^__^

Anonymous

Wren tried to follow, she really did, but it was hard when the woman spoke so fast and all at once and in that strange accent. She flinched slightly when the tendril touched her head, but relaxed when all it did was ruffle her vivid red curls, "Huh? Lady, ya talk way too much. I can't follow all that!"

She gave a shrug, not really one to stay angry very long and while she was still a little pink cheeked, she had picked up on the part about making it up to her, "So, what? Yer gonna take me somewhere?"

Anonymous

Talk too much? Hm, maybe her wording left her with long sentences. She blinked and sighed, letting it go. It was no use to argue with Wren...it'd only prove her point about talking too much, and this made her blush as she pursed her lips guiltily, eyes drifting away. "heh..." she let out a nervous laugh, keeping herself cool and relaxed.

SHe may have spoken too much, but this little lady was a handful as well. "...y-yus-" she paused, now a little self-conscious and trying to think of shorter ways to word her sentences. "...em going tu treat yu-" Wow this was harder than she thought. "...I wan tu...um...wull..." damnit this was difficult. By now, she had made it worse, and sighed in defeat. "...Tek yu somewhere..." she finally finished her sentence, eyes drifting around and finally landing back on Wren's , her cheeks flushed a light bluish purple because of the color of her blood.

"G-go on then, child..." she shooed, trying to get the attention off herself and coax Wren into finishing her shopping so they were free to leave. 'Finesh up en we can go." She purred softly.

Anonymous

Wren didn't actually want to try and fence her stolen goods in front of the weird woman. She wasn't desperate for coin and she could always come back later. And Wren was very curious and tended to act first and thing muuuch later.

"Oh, well, I was just lookin' and stuff, so we can go now. If yer all done and stuff. Where are we goin?"

Anonymous

She blinked. "Oh?" she tilted her head. "Not enturested en enytheng?" she asked, looking from wrent to the counter and back again. Hm. 'wull yus, I em done...C'mon then, child...let us be on our way then." She smiled warmly and walked out beside Wren, holding the door for her with a free tendril.

Once outside, her tendrils slipped back under her shawl and she walked casually. "Hev yu eaten yet already? Do you want a full meal? Or meby something sweet?" she suggested with a little bit of a purr, giggling softly and leaning into Wren to give her a bit of a nudge. They headed out from the secluded store, and out into what would be the courtyard or open marketplace where more general shops and places could be found.

"now...I em still not very familur weth thes town...so go easy on me." She cooed. "If I wondur off, I apologize...!" she giggled again, looking down at Wren with her irrisistable smile.

Anonymous

Wren perked up at that, beaming at the other woman. It wasn't as weird looking at her, getting used to her strange appearance, "Yer gonna get me dinner? Yer alright! Can we get meat?" Wren glanced around the market. She wasn't real familiar with the town, but most of them were all the same, "Donno what's good here though."

She glanced down as the woman pressed against her, unused to contact like that. The bandits tended to keep their distance. She gave an awkward smile, unsure what to do with her arms, "Do ya gotta eat fish or somethin'?"