Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Well what do we have here?

Started by Anonymous, August 23, 2011, 07:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Uxia stared at Hatame, blinking though her expression remained blank. She had liked the warm feel of Cadmus's fingers against her cheek and Hatame's sudden arrival and the odd mix of emotions she was feeling along their connection was a little jarring.

"Hatame? What are you talking about? Cadmus helped me kill a demon." She pointed to the deer, "Do you ever use your eyes for anything besides staring at me?"

Rhindeer

"A demon? I see a deer," Hatame pointed out, unimpressed. He leveled a glare at Cadmus. "Is that how you pick up ladies? Killing things and calling 'em demons? Uxia, you're the demon-hunter, you should know better!"

"It was a demon," Cadmus said flatly, looking tired and a little annoyed. "It was possessing a deer." He shot a look at Uxia, eyebrow arched in question as thought to ask, 'is this your companion?'
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Yes." Uxia crossed her arms under her chest, annoyed at Hatame's comment, "Do you think my abilities are so weak I can't tell what was a demon and what wasn't?"

That, more than anything, pissed her off. The strange feelings she had around Cadmus got shoved deep down, her irritation swamping them, "I am more than capable of knowing a demon from a deer."

Rhindeer

Erk. Well. That had come out wrong. Hatame held up his hands, shaking his head. "Whoa, no, no, no! That's not what I meant! I've seen ya in action and you're awesome and sexy! I didn't think that! I just thought, uh..."

Yeah, he'd jammed his foot so far back in his mouth that he was choking on toes.

But at least those weird feelings along their connection had stopped!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"You just thought what? That without you here to hold my hand I can't do my job? I hunt demons. I know what I'm doing." Uxia made an irritated sound, gathering her weapons, "I was going to bring you some of the deer, but I think you can get your own."

She turned to Cadmus and gave him a short, polite nod, "It was a pleasure to meet you. I am grateful for your help and I hope you enjoy your deer. I think there was a river around here and I'm going to go get cleaned up."

Rhindeer

"What? No! No! I know that! You're great at your job! You kick ass at your job! You saved my ass!" Shit, shit. Hatame had seen Uxia irritated before, but never pissed and he wasn't sure how to get her back to the not-pissed zone.

Feeling a little awkward caught between a fight he wasn't involved in but that he felt he may have somehow caused, Cadmus gave Uxia a polite smile and a nod. "Ah, yes. It was good to meet you, too."

He glanced down at his own bloodied hands, some dried blood still smeared on his mouth and clothes, and shifted uncomfortably. He had been planning on heading to the same river to wash up, but that had very clearly been a dismissal.

Anonymous

Uxia was very, very pointedly ignoring Hatame now. He could take his backtracking and shove it. Few things pissed her off as much as a slight to her skills. But she did notice that Cadmus looked rather uncomfortable and the glance at his bloodied hands wasn't lost on her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Were you planning on bathing as well? I'm sure we can share the river alright."

Rhindeer

"Oh, no, it's alright. If you need privacy, I'm fine waiting," Cadmus said with a smile. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable and he knew how humans were about nudity. "And it's a large river. I can just go further downstream."

Hatame, meanwhile, was silently squirming--and trying to figure out a way to fix things.

...While also really, really hoping that the other man did go away. If one good thing had come from his unintentional insult, it was that Uxia no longer seemed so...so...infatuated with the guy. So, in the end, it was kind of worth it.

Anonymous

"I don't mind. No need for you to wash in the blood I'll be sending downstream." Uxia had grown up with little privacy and all to often had to share close spaces with other members of the order. And as sex was about the farthest thing from her mind, nudity didn't bother her. And Cadmus didn't give her uncomfortable vibes.

Hatame was still on her shit list and Uxia didn't even glance in his direction.

Rhindeer

Cadmus smiled at that and gave a polite nod. "Thank you," he said and glanced between she and Hatame again. Yeah, probably best to stay out of it, though it was kind of awkward being right in the middle of two bickering people and he was getting some pretty obvious "go away" vibes from Hatame.

He shrugged it off.

The river wasn't far away; he could hear it, just a little north of them. Turning, he nodded to Uxia. "Shall we be off then?"

Anonymous

Uxia nodded, "Yes, please." She turned and gave Hatame a dark look, "And you stay here. You're acting like an idiot." She was still irritated over his rather rude comment on her skills as a hunter and he was being extra weird and annoying and she had no idea why.

Heading toward the river, she shifted her attention back to Cadmus, "I apologize. For all that. We're stuck together for the moment, but he's rather irritating."

Rhindeer

Hatame started to protest, then thought better of it and snapped his mouth shut. He gave Uxia a look, frowning, and then sighed and stayed put. "Alright, but hurry up."

Walking with Uxia, glad to be out of that situation, Cadmus glanced over at Uxia and raised an eyebrow curiously. "Stuck together?"

Anonymous

Uxia nodded, "Yes. A demon cursed us. Sort of, a curse went a bit wrong." Uxia made an annoyed face, unaware she was doing so, "He's rather annoying, as you may have noticed. And wont shut up."

She paused, flushing a little, "I'm sorry. I really shouldn't be bothering you with my problem. Again, thank you for help with that demon."

Rhindeer

"Cursed?" She said that as though it were a normal, everyday occurrence, being cursed by demons, and she was simply acting a little inconvenienced! But maybe they had lived with it long? That would explain her blase, casual treatment of the subject.

"Ah, anyway, you're not bothering me. Quite the opposite--I'm feeling a little more intrigued and confused than bothered."

They had reached the river, then, and Cadmus headed toward its edge, stripping off his shirt as he walked. The gore was all over his chest; all the shirt had done was cover it up--and get it dirty in turn.

Anonymous

Uxia stared for a moment when Cadmus stripped. Nudity never really had much of a sexual meaning for her, but something about Cadmus, even covered in gore, had an odd impact on her. One she quickly shoved down again, cheeks slightly pink as she stripped down as well.

Her clothes had taken more of the damage and Uxia was glad she tended to dress in darker colors that hid the stains better.

"Well, yes. Hunting demons tends to make...curses unpleasantly common. I've never been good at breaking them, but many in my order are quite skilled at it." Uxia gave a shiver as she stepped into the water. The weather was nice, but the river was still icy cold against her skin, goosebumps quickly appeared along her skin.

Rhindeer

Stepping out of his pants, Cadmus soon joined Uxia in the water, shivering, but he dunked his head under fast to get it over with and resurfaced, shaking his hair from his eyes. While he had noticed Uxia's nudity, and appreciated the strength of her, it just didn't have the same effect as it may for a human--it just wasn't sexual to him.

He scrubbed the blood from his hair and worked as quickly as he could, eager to get out of the water and warm again.

"Ah, so the demon...cursed you with his presence?"

Anonymous

Uxia shivered, working as quickly as she could to scrub herself clean in the frigid water, "Mostly. He sort of stuck our spirits together, so now we can feel what the other ones does and can't get too far away from each other."

Her hands worked on her braid, trembling as she worked the hair free, "Can you help me clean my hair?"

Rhindeer

Cadmus was already finished and ready to get out and get dried when Uxia asked him for help with her hair. He paused, skin pebbled with goosebumps and teeth chattering.

"Oh, yes," he said, wading behind her. There wasn't anything odd about her request; gryphons were communal and groomed each other frequently and Cadmus didn't see the difference between doing that in one shape or another.

Reaching up, he helped her get it out of the braid and cupped his hands so he could pour water onto it, rinsing the clotted blood out. "That...must be interesting, being able to feel everything," he said as he worked. "I, ah, I think I'd go mad within the first day. How long has it been?"

Anonymous

Uxia shivered, her lips starting to very lightly tinge blue. The stream was freezing cold, but she wasn't getting out until her hair was clean, "It's...invasive. I don't like it. It hasn't been long. Maybe a week."

Once the blood was out, Uxia moved quickly back to shore, her body shivering as she rubbe her hands along her arm, "That was brisk. Thank you for your help again. With the deer and with my hair."

Again, for just a moment, as Cadmus stood there, wet and sleek in the water, that he was very male and very attractive.

Rhindeer

Cadmus remained in the river only long enough to see to himself before he clambered out of the water, rubbing at his gooseflesh-covered arms. The benefit to being a shapeshifter was that this form dried faster--the only downside was now he felt vulnerable and freezing.

Unconcerned with his nudity or Uxia's, he headed past her, grabbing his clothes along the way, to stand in a patch of sunlight.

"Not a problem. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time," Cadmus said with a small grin. Then he paused, a puzzled expression crossing his face. "Did, ah...did he feel all that?"