Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Castle and Cherish.

Started by Clair, October 26, 2011, 06:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver let his wings relax slightly, but they were still extended. It was much like one extending their arms, as it didn't require too much effort.

"Thank you." He glanced at his wings thoughtfully.

Clair

"How is it possible you have these... are they a genetic factor of your parents?" she asked, softly. "Or did you gain them through magic?"

CastlesInTheSky

"I believe they are from magic." He glanced off into the forest for a moment, hearing a noise but realizing it to be a squirrel or something of that sort. "I've always had them, though. Ever since I was an infant."

Clair

Dorothea tilted her head, confused. "But you're not sure you were born with them?" It was very interesting to her that he did not know where he'd gotten his wings, but then again, one could not rely on family in this day in age.

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver ran a hand through his hair, his wings folding while he put on a thoughtful expression. "I never knew my mother and father, but my brother told me that I got them from magic. I guess it's best to trust him on that, but then again, I guess it doesn't matter anyway." He looked at her curiously. "Have you ever seen anyone else with wings?"

Clair

She shook her head. She wasn't very positive she had. Dorothea couldn't really remember. "Was your brother good to you?" although, as she asked, she realized her family had tried to be "good" to her as a child... and they'd failed miserably.

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver nodded earnestly. "Yes, he was a wonderful brother. However, I do not know where he is now. What a shame." He looked upwards at the drifting, lazy clouds, then back at her. "I'll go wash up...excuse me for a moment." He walked off without another word.

Oliver had been hunting near a stream, as that's where he supposed an animal would be around. He washed his hair, having accidentally gotten some blood on it, along with his face and his arms. The stream was clean and clear. He decided to wash his shirt as well. What a messy job preparing meat was sometimes. He slipped it off and dipped it into the stream, attempting to wash it off the best he could, then hung it on a tree to dry. Sitting down next to the stream, he dipped his feet into the water. The wings on his back were folded and clean.

Clair

She gave him a nod as he walked away, not wanting or seeing a need to say anything else. Dorothea finished cleaning the deer and packing it's meat in her sack, leaving out just a small sliver she intended to prepare for her supper.

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver returned after a little while. He still was holding his shirt in his hands, as it was not warm enough to have it dry so quickly, yet it was still warm. His hair was still wet. He was concentrated on drying it as he walked up to the small clearing where Dorthea was. "Thank you for having me as company for a short time..." He turned around for a moment, rummaging through a pack of things he carried with him, and turned back around. He held a feather in his hand, one of his. He held it out to her. It was a rather long feather. He offered a friendly smile to her.

"Would you like this feather? You said you liked my wings, so I figure you might want this."

Clair

Dorothea paused in her work, startled by the offering of a small gift. She couldn't remember a time she'd ever been a gift. Her eyes widened excitedly and she snatched the feather away. It was beautiful, silky and perfect. As she rolled the nib gently in between her fingers, the pale light of the day gleamed and shone in the silky strands of the feather. She smiled at it, as if she had found something exceptionally perfect.

She reached back behind her head, tying the feather into her braid. She then nodded to Oliver- that was as best as a thank you Dorothea was able to muster.

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver was pleased to see that she liked it enough to look at it in such a way and tuck it away into her hair. It looked nice in her braid. A close-mouthed smile still remained on his lips. He nodded back to her, in an acknowledgement of her thanks.

Suddenly, without any sort of warning, a winged figure flew into the small clearing fast, barely slowing down enough to land properly. He touched down next to Oliver, his large black wings spread fully for a moment, then folded within the next second. He stood, turning around to face Dorthea. He looked like the exact opposite of Oliver in some aspects, having black hair and wings and a serious expression rather than Oliver's friendly features. He had electric blue eyes that were almost unreal, and they provided a forceful stare, full of questions. He extended his wings partly again as he stared right at her. Oliver looked like the kind angel while the other one looked like an avenging angel.

Oliver, at this point, looked quite confused and a bit startled. "Tristan, is that you?" He only got a short nod from the man next to him.

Clair

Dorothea was immediately drawn to the darker winged man. His fierceness, his strength, his demeanor. Everything about him called to her. "Tristan," she breathed, stepping forward.

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver stood in the background as Tristan pushed him back gently with his hand. His eyes were always kept on Dorthea, with a hint of caution in them. He had little to no idea who this woman was, or why she was talking to his brother. Some parts of the deer around her indicated to him that she had been hunting. Perhaps they were hunting together. At least there wasn't a conflict occurring. He glanced at Oliver and mumbled at him to put his shirt on. Oliver complied. There was a short silence before he spoke.

"Who are you?"

Oliver knew better than to interject into his speech. That didn't end well, usually.

Clair

Dorothea's gaze never left Tristan's. It became immediately clear that he did not trust her. There was a hint of uneasiness in the air. She did not fear the winged men, but Dorothea did not wish for this to end badly. She inhaled deeply before answering. "Dorothea. You?"

CastlesInTheSky

Tristan nodded, his face devoid of any signs of what he was thinking. He replied, "I am Tristan. A pleasure to meet you." There was a short silence before he spoke again. "What business do you have with my brother?" He folded his wings to his back now, a small sign of trust, but remained standing with his gaze fixed on Dorthea. Oliver shifted from foot to foot, a million questions for his brother unanswered.

Clair

"None," she said coolly, her gaze cold and calculating. "I was hunting and he nearly scared my game away, but he has since made up for his mistake. Why are you here?"

CastlesInTheSky

Tristan nodded, his gaze becoming less cautious, but still distant. "I was just coming to have a chat with him. I suppose, if you have no more business with him, I could collect him and we could leave you in peace. Is this what you want?"

Clair

It was not. She wanted not to loose these two winged men before she had a chance to at least gain some of their strength. Dorothea searched for strength, and when she could, she took it. Not wanting to scare them off, though, afraid of loosing them, she made her face fall. "But..." she bowed her head, "I'm all alone."

CastlesInTheSky

Tristan glanced briefly back at Oliver, who was clearly appearing sympathetic. Tristan turned his eyes back to Dorthea. She didn't seem terribly dangerous to him. And, if she was, they could always just fly away if need be.

"Would you like us to stay a bit longer?"

Clair

Dorothea nodded, biting her lip hopefully. She hoped she was playing an innocent, lonely girl believably. "Yes, please," she said, softly.