Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Castle and Cherish.

Started by Clair, October 26, 2011, 06:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver was a bit confused, though he didn't say anything. The girl wasn't like this before. She seemed independent enough. However, he didn't say anything, and as always he assumed she had good intentions.

Though, Tristan wasn't particularly moved by her performance. He disliked the notion of hanging around a person he didn't know any longer than he had to, but he figured that it was for the best. He sat down under a tree next to him, and Oliver continued to stand. Tristan looked off into the forest, wishing more to talk to his brother than be around her. Oliver smiled. "Alright, we'll stay."

Clair

Dorothea grinned. "I have this deer," she said, kneeling down beside her pack. "We can share the meat and get to know each other."

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver seemed to brighten up a bit more at the mention of food.

"Okay."

He never had gotten any meat because of the previous situation. He kneeled down near where she was, giving her space but preparing to eat. He shifted his position somewhat to sit more comfortably. His shirt was drying off now, which pleased him.

Meanwhile, Tristan got up and walked a short distance over to them and sat across from the two. He sat with his legs crossed. Even though he wasn't sure about how much he liked the situation, he wouldn't pass up a bite to eat, especially when he would have had to catch some himself.

Clair

Dorothea built a fire, trying very hard to conceal the fact that she most certainly did not want to share her kill. But, she had to play nice to keep these two from leaving. She needed their wings...

She placed a few slabs of meat into the flames, just letting them burn on the outside.

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver waited happily for the meal he was going to receive, while Tristan was being forever unenthusiastic. In a few moments, he got up and walked off without a word. Oliver looked at Dorthea. "Don't mind him, he's probably just going for a walk."

Clair

Dorothea shrugged, showing she did not care, and pulled a piece of the burnt meat from the fire and handed it to Oliver. "It's hot, but it's best that way. Fills you faster."

CastlesInTheSky

Oliver made a small, startled noise as he was given the hot meat. It was, indeed, hot. He tossed it gently between his hands for a few moments before beginning to eat it. "Thank you" he said, eating slowly.

Meanwhile, Tristan returned in a bit. He had gotten his own things to eat in the meantime. He wasn't hungry. He sat next to the fire, across from them again. "So...how long do you want us to hang around here? We haven't all eternity." He didn't sound particularly cold, but rather apathetic.

Clair

Dorothea lifted an eye brow as she ate her own slice of burnt meat. "What is your hurry to leave?" she asked, softly.

CastlesInTheSky

Tristan tossed her a defiant look. "Well, tell me; what reason do we have to stay longer than a little while?"

Clair

"I can't give you a reason," she said softly, "other than you would be easing the loneliness I suffer."

CastlesInTheSky

"We don't even know you. Why should we be so sensitive to your problems when we have plenty of our own?" He proceeded to look at her skeptically.

Clair

"Hm... very true," she nodded, turning back to get another slice of meat. "I did not hold a sword to your throat and demand you stay. I would like if you did, though."

CastlesInTheSky

"We'll stay for a little while longer, then we'll take our leave." Tristan looked off to the side. "What do you want to talk about?"

Oliver, meanwhile, was busy munching slowly at the meat he was given.

Clair

"There is not much to speak about..." she mused, her mouth full of food. "Where exactly are the two of you heading?"

CastlesInTheSky

Tristan paused for a moment, having to think about the question momentarily. "Cerenis," he lied. He was planning on going to Arca with Oliver, once they had met up, but he didn't want this woman to know anything more than what she had to. After all, simple conversation wasn't meant to be particularly fruitful. "And you?"

Oliver offered Tristan the rest of his meat, now only a scrap, and Tristan shook his head. Oliver ate it quickly, now simply listening, having nothing to say and giving his brother the stage.

Clair

"Anywhere that I can find power," she murmured, almost a whisper. She took her last bite and chewed it, staring off into space.

CastlesInTheSky

Tristan gave her a strange look and looked at his brother. Oliver looked back questioningly. Tristan moved over to him. Oliver asked him very quietly, "What's she talking about?" Tristan shook his head, and shrugged. They began to chat to each other quietly, as if she wasn't there.