Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Can you find my problem?

Started by Ycharley, March 03, 2013, 08:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ycharley

Lumina paced her front entrance way. Her shoes clicking against the stone floors are she walked from one end to the other. She constantly raked her fingers through her long blonde hair giving it a disheveled look.

She had sent for a man, one that, she was told, could help her. She just knew there had to be something cursed, that is the only way to explain all of the occurrences that had happened. Servants and pets getting sick, plague sweeping through her town. She looked up as she heard the door open, praying it was the pale man that could help end her troubles.

Zero

To receive a summons of this nature was a first for Tatsu. A noblewoman had sent word to him that she needed help with a matter that was along his speciality. Not native to Serendipity, no lord, lady, king, or queen held his alliegance, but he responded anyway. Making enemies in the upper classes that could make his trading difficult was not a wise move.

So there he found himself, at the home of Lady Lumina Astrid. Never had he met her, but he had heard things about her from others. Stepping into the front entrance, Tatsu's pale eyes immediately fell to the slightly disheveled looking woman. Making a gesture with his hand over his heart, he bowed deeply.

"My lady, I believe you asked for me?"

Ycharley

Lumina let out a deep sigh, almost as if she had been holding her breath for a long while. She looked him over4 quickly, as if sizing him up for a moment, a habit she had formed from her times of having to fight.

She quickly closed the gap between them, offering him a slightly strained smile. "You can call me Lumina, I am assuming that you are Tatsu?" She spoke, partly a question partly a statement. She knew it had to be Tatsu, if it weren't he fit the description to an absolute tee.

She didn't give him long to answer before she began to speak again. "Do you need anything, drink? Food? I don't know how long you have traveled but if you are tired I can have a servant show you to a room so you can rest and freshen up?"

Zero

Tatsu had only remained bowed for a few moments, as she approached him to introduce herself he straightened back to his full height. He touched his forehead and inclinded his head. "At your service, naturally."

His expression was very neutral as she began speaking, offering him items of comfort. He remained silent, removing his heavy gloves and tucking them in his belt as she finished. "You're too kind, Madame. If you could have a servent see to my horse, it would be much appreciated. I'm more worried about his comfort than my own, to be truthful. Aside from that, I would rather we begin immediately."

Ycharley

Lumina nodded but hesitated, as if deciding whether or not she should tell him something. She took a step back, seeming to decide not to share whatever was on her mind. Instead she waved one of her servants off to take Tatsu's horse to the stables.

Her stables were some of the best around, she took pride in that but it wasn't the right time to talk about that. She needed him to find whatever was causing the disturbances. She had a feeling deep in the pit of her gut that it was magical, and her gut was never wrong.

"Well, in that case,"She said stepping to the side to clear his path. "Begin."

Zero

Tatsu had actually already begun to work. He knew about the disturbances, already his consciousness was probing the surrounding area. Tilting his head to the side, he appeared to be listening to something.

"Before we begin, may I ask if you have a habit of keeping many items of a magical nature on the premises? If you do, it would greatly help me if you would kindly name the items, where they are, and what they do."

Ycharley

"That is easier said than done. I am rather... Old, and I am an elf so I tend to be drawn to magical things. So I am sure I have acquired and forgot about many," She spoke running her hand through her light blonde hair once more. A light pink flush rushing to her pale flawless face.

Lumina touched the pendant on her neck, it was glowing at this point. "This is a part of a goddesses soul, it helps me control my abilities," She then placed her hand on the hair comb that was in her hair. "This was given to me by a friend some time ago. Its use is only on the battle field, it helps deflect stray arrows and such," She started to list off slowly.

Zero

Tatsu allowed himself a brief frown as he let his eyes travel over the walls, floor, and ceiling. He listened to her begin listing the things she had right there on her. He had already sensed them, of course. This was going to take a lot longer than he had originially anticipated. He could sense static coming from every direction.

Raising his hand for silence as she finished he shook his head slowly. "There are too many items that I think belong here. I do not believe that method is going to work after all. I have rarely found myself in such close proximity to so many different items."

He tapped the hilt of his sword thoughtfully, drumming his fingers against the blade, feeling the pulsing power radiating from it. "I have a better idea. Could you describe to me in detail about these troubles you've been having? The more specific, the better."

Ycharley

"Well, death a sickness, an uncanny amount of it. Out of all my years, which, are enough to know many things. I know that this isn't normal. I have had two plagues sweep through my lands, plus half my servants are out due to sickness, four have died. I have been able to find minor cursing trinkets. I am usually pretty good with scribing and such. But this cannot be just one charm. There must be another to help hind it among my things so I can't find it."

Zero

Tatsu nodded as she spoke, looking pensive and withdrawn.

"I sense no object of such design. If it has caused as much pain as you say, then it should be like a beacon to me from at least a mile away. Whatever this item is, whoever put it there certainly does not wish for it to be found. They were also intelligent enough to assume you would try to find it, and failing that, you would call for someone like myself to try to find it."

They were dealing with a very clever individual.

Ycharley

Lumina shrugged, frowning a bit. "So far who ever did it has been a lucky fool," She spoke her words bitter. It was clear that if she found out who did this there would be consequences for the person. It was also clear that those consequences would be severe.

Zero

Tatsu remained rather impassive. Sometimes people found him infuriatingly calm. "It means only one thing to me. Whatever item they put here has been cloaked. I cannot sense a cloaked item until I am within a few feet of it. Now I will simply have to search every room in your home until I have found where it is hidden."

Ycharley

Lumina nodded. "That is fine, feel free to search my entire property," Lumina said as she turned slightly towards the kitchen. "Are you sure that you don't want something to eat. It seems you might be here a bit, mind as well be comfortable."

Zero

Tatsu thought over the proposition for a few moments before finally nodding his head. "Yes, this may take several days. Much longer than I had originally thought. Still, I will find this item that troubles you and your people. A light meal and a goblet of wine would be appreciated. Will you be joining me?"

Ycharley

"Yes, I think that now you are here, I might actually be able to stomach some food," She said turning and motioning for Tatus to follow her. She led him to a rather large dining hall with several large trays set out. On one tray were large green and purple grapes as well as strawberries and cut melon. On another tray was a cut of meat and rye bread. On the third tray was different vegetables.

One the servants saw both Tatsu and Lumina enter they set two plates across from each other as well as two goblets. Lumina took the place that was set on the other side of the table.

The dining hall had a cozy feel despite its large size. The walls were a dark red and the large fireplace against the wall at Lumina's back had a nice fire going.

"Should I have a room prepared for you since you will be stay for a few days?"

Zero

"Have you been so troubled as to not eat, my lady? I am even more glad I came then." Tatsu followed her into the dining hall, letting his pale eyes travel over the room, admiring the craftmanship that had gone into the hall.

Tatsu waited for Lumina to sit before taking his own seat, reclining comfortably and seeming very much at ease, despite the circumstances for his visit. "You have an impressive home, Lady Lumina. Your hospitality is much appreciated, a room would be lovely. If I may, I would request that a fire be lit and ready in my room an hour after sunset each day I am to stay here."

Ycharley

"I have been that troubled. I am rather close to most of my staff, I have known most of them since they were children, seeing them sick and dying at suck a young age because someone is trying to get at me, well, it troubles me to my core," Lumina spoke as she looked around her own dining hall.

A servant came up and poured wine for both of them. Lumina nodded a thank you, "Prepare the grand room for our guest," She spoke quickly before turning back to face Tatsu. "Thank you," She spoke, nodding at his request.

Zero

Tatsu listened politely, nodding his head. He idly sipped his wine, expression thoughtful. "I understand, this is a most troubling time for you and your people. You needn't worry any longer. I will search this home room by room until I have recovered all items of ill-intent. What would you like done with any such items?"

Ycharley

"I would like the items to be destroyed so no one else has to suffer from there ill effects. The people  that were effected by it had no reason to die. They did no one ill. So unless you have a better plan for such damnable items," Lumina stated softly leaning back in her chair. She looked over the mans face, a habit she had, a way she had learned to memorize his face so she would never forget it. Whether that would be good or bad for him wasn't decided.

Zero

Tatsu's expression was attentive, but mostly passive, showing no great emotion in either direction. "Of course, destruction would be for the best. If the items are warded against destruction I know of places, secret places, deep in the mountains were they can be stored to prevent harm to others. If that is agreeable to you, of course."