Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Non-Aggressive Negotiations (Rhiii)

Started by Brisinger987, July 12, 2013, 01:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc had shifted to human form for his visit to Arca, as the city guards would not appreciate him stomping round the city, trampling toddlers and horses. He appeared as a blacksmith, no different to any other human. It was a peaceful existence. Not much happening. He could get used to it.

It wasn't like his goal was difficult, just to enter peaceful negotiations with the Queen, Qiana, and settle a diplomatic situation with the queen of Serendipity. No big task then.

Veraxitoc reached the gates of the castle, and found them closed.

"WHO GOES THERE?" Shouted an archer, his bow trained on Veraxitoc from the parapets.

"My name is Veraxitoc. I come to enter negotiations with Queen Qiana. Do not shoot." Veraxitoc's voice carried unnaturally over the distance.

"The Queen is not open for visitors today. Send a proper envoy, with official documents and charters, and then you can have your negotiations." The man finished shouting, and then left, immediately.

Veraxitoc decided that perhaps a different approach was needed.

He shifted to his dragon form, and stood.

"Hello? Anyone there?" The guards ignored him

Veraxitoc roared at the guards, trying to grab their attention. Immediately five guards rushed to the parapets, and shouted to sound the alarms.

"HALT DRAGON, YOU GO NO FURTHER, OR WE WILL KILL YOU!" The guards had fifteen or so crossbows trained on him. Bells rung throughout the castle, and the portcullis opened, guards swarming out, ready to try and kill him.

"Fine. Have it your way. Take me to your leader..." He droned the last sentence, changing his voice slightly.

The horde lead him into the castle grounds, where the attempted to chain him. Veraxitoc was strong enough to break the chains.

"If you'd invested in mithril chains, I might have to try. Now, I would like an audience with the queen, please. It is nothing of urgency, so stop sounding those damn alarms, before I eat them, and the men with them." Veraxitoc's words were empty.