Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Strange Happenings [Glob] [M]

Started by DragonSong, February 04, 2016, 08:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

Vel looked at her, the beautiful brown-haired girl who didn't even know she was his wife yet. He took a moment to appreciate her, holding her like a treasure as he let his illusion drop and powered down.

DragonSong

Twilight watched as two girls she knew but didn't know sat on what appeared to be an endless stretch of beach, looking out over a golden and rosy sunset. As though it was the most natural thing in the world, she moved forward to sit between them.

"You're not real."

Starbright looked to her with a smile, head tilted slightly. "No. Not exactly.
You're real though, and we are a part of you."

Midnight snorted. "More than a part."

Twilight shook her head, dropping her chin onto her knees. "I know that. But it's so hard to accept. It feels like I'm not really...my own person."

Another snort from Midnight. "Ah, c'mon. Don't get all weepy and existential."

"Stop that." Starbright leaned over her to smack her sister's shoulder. "She has every right to feel confused."

"She's hurting Vel," Midnight retorted with a sharp frown. Twilight's heart skipped up into her throat and her stomach lurched guiltily.

"I don't want to," she whispered. "I- I care about him, I..."

Starbright smiled softly and offered, "Love him?" Twilight swallowed thickly.

"Maybe." She sighed and closed her eyes. "But he loves you. Both of you. I- I can't help feeling like I'm just...the next best thing."

Silence. She looked between the two girls and had the feeling that one or both of them was going to say something- but then they were gone. The beach was gone, the ocean, the sunset. She was alone in darkness. No, not even darkness, just...nothing. Endless nothing

Twilight jerked awake with a gasp, bolting upright before Vel's arms around her stopped her from jumping out of bed completely.

DaGlobster

There was a few seconds of delay between Twilight's jump and Vel actually coming back online, and his crystal lit up as one of his lower arms went to one of her hands.

"Twilight?" he said, voice concerned as he sat up a bit.

"What's wrong?"

DragonSong

Twilight flinched back from his touch, then forced herself to breathe and calm down.

"Um, nothing. Weird dream, sorry." She offered a small smile and hesitantly brushed her fingertips down his crystal. "Didn't mean to wake you."

DaGlobster

"Don't worry about it," Vel said, and he smiled a little shyly.

"Weird dreams aside, how did you sleep?"

DragonSong

Her smile softened into something a little more sincere. "Very well." She hesitated a moment, then leaned down to kiss the center of the crystal lightly. "You?"

She frowned suddenly. "Do you...dream? Ah- sorry, is that something I should already know?"

DaGlobster

"I don't. At least, I don't think I do," he said, banishing her doubts by just going with her question. He smiled a bit wider when she kissed him and he let one of his hands rest on her hip.

He tilted his head slightly, leaning in to give her a kiss of his own.

"I actually can't quite remember if I ever told you that before. I don't blame you for not remembering if I did, though."

DragonSong

"Oh." She frowned a bit even as she leaned forward for another quick peck. "That's...I'm sorry." she pressed her forehead to his temple for a moment. "It's...nice, usually. I mean, that one wasn't, but I think I usually like dreaming."

Not that she really had many of her own memories to really form that opinion, but she thought it was something almost ingrained in her.

DaGlobster

"I like the sound of dreams. It sounds so, well..."

He trailed off and closed his eyes, shuffling a bit closer to her. He drew a hand down her arm, eyes wandering over her, taking in as much of her as he could.

"Dreamy."

He chuckled to himself, and he left a quick kiss on her nose.

"Like you."

DragonSong

Twilight flushed and crinkled her nose. "Flatterer," she accused lightly, voice soft as she smiled at him. She leaned into his touch a bit, allowing herself to relax further into the bed as she did.

DaGlobster

Vel smiled, lips hovering millimeters away from her nose before he leaned in just a bit lower and left a long, soft kiss against her lips.

"Can't help it if I'm being honest."

DragonSong

She smiled slightly and returned the kiss, her hand stroking gently over his cheek. "We should probably get up soon," she murmured after a moment with a reluctant sigh.

DaGlobster

"Yeah, soon," Vel started, and he let himself flop onto his back.

"Not now, though."

DragonSong

Twilight giggled and propped herself up in one elbow to look at him. She remembered this- sort of. Lazy mornings and playful banter and arms wrapped around each other exchanged with smiles and soft blushes.

She remembered this, and it made her ache.

Forcing the feeling away, she hesitantly reached out to touch his arm, drawing it around her waist. "Is...this okay?" Maybe it was a silly question, but she had to be sure.

DaGlobster

"It's just fine," Vel said, offering her a gentle smile as his hand stroked her waist, and then he pulled her just that much closer. He gazed into her eyes, allowing his pain and fears to lift away for that moment.

DragonSong

An unexpected guilt prickled at her chest as she looked up to meet his eyes and she had to resist the urge to tear her gaze away.

He thought he loved her. She knew that, and it felt like she was...taking advantage of it. Her dream refused to leave her mind. "She's hurting Vel," Midnight had said.

Maybe she was, without realizing it. Maybe...

She gave herself a mental shake, tried to focus on the present. "We, um...we should get out of the tower today," she murmured suddenly, not quite sure where the words came from. "Just...go somewhere, for a little while."

DaGlobster

"Did you have anywhere particularly in mind?" Vel asked, tilting his head a bit towards her.

DragonSong

She frowned in thought. She hadn't really considered that part.

"Um...somewhere green?" she suggested after a moment. "Maybe...was there a place in the Serenian highlands? Somewhere- in the moors, maybe. With a stream?"

Was that a memory, or a conjured fantasy of her own?

DaGlobster

"Yes," Vel answered, and his smile returned.

"The place where we met."

DragonSong

Her heart lurched. "O-oh..."

She should have known that. Had she known that? It was strange, like a half-dream that had also just been there.

She licked her lips and ducked her eyes a little nervously. "Can we...go back?"