So...training, eh?

Started by Rhindeer, January 10, 2005, 12:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

[MOVED THREAD! Damaged16 (Heavenzgift16) as Akamu and Small Wonder as Tiaret]

HeavenzGift16
The Fallen Angel
(10/4/04 2:13 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All   So.. training, eh?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Well, tha' was interestin'," Akamu commented as the centauress went on her way. "Don' tell me tha'appens often!" He said with a wink.

That really was interesting for him. He could not cross of quite a few things on his unbelievable list. This world was just full of surprises, but oddly enough, most of the surprises were pleasant and unique. He was glad not to be in the past, where murders were the norm and everyone looked at everyone else as a potential killer--or at least enemy.

"So, back t'th'training, righ'? He asked. His accent became more prominent when he was amazed or scared.. Or really anything but calm. It really came out when he was drunk!

He swung the sword back up to hold it properly, as Tiaret had instructed him to earlier, and spaced his feet apart so he could hold it good--and so it wasn't so heavy on his wrists.

"Alright... Now wha'?" He asked.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/13/04 3:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Right-O!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Actually...it does," Tiaret replied seriously. She'd seen all sorts of interesting types around hereâ€"heck, she was one of them!

Grinning slightly, Tiaret lifted her sword, as well, and returned to the proper stance. Tossing her head to throw her coal-black hair out of her face, she nodded. "Yes. Back to training...well, first things first. We cannot jump straight into sparring yet, we need to run you through the stances, through the various parries and thrusts. First, we'll practice parries...those are the most important of all; they keep you alive."

Walking over to him, she positioned herself next to him. "Just do as I do. I'll run you through the different types of parries, and then you can practice them against me," she told him, and with that said, began to demonstrate them, explaining as she went about what each one was used for, and in what situation. "...And also, parries aren't only used to defend. They can be used to counterattack off of, as well. Comes very much in handy, and, if done right, can give you the upper hand. If done wrong...it can put you in serious trouble. But we;ll go over those later. For now, just the basics..."

Running him through them a few more times, she finally stopped, then looked over at him. "Think you got it? If you don't, we can practice some more, but if you think you're ready, you can actually practice them against me..."

HeavenzGift16
The Fallen Angel
(10/14/04 1:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   *on a massive Yellow Card binge* Here I go...
 Akamu watched Tiaret carefully, knowing that it wasn't a laughing matter because he knew he'd have to use a sword at some point. He'd basically made up his mind that if Caanan liked it here so much, and if Caanan was going to stay here for the rest of his life, then Akamu would too. Thing were simple,in their own way--everything was more simple than the world Akamu had come out of, or rather; the time period.

"Righ'," he said, as he (in his opinion) matched one of his parries to her's. "Yeah, I thin' I've got it." He confirmed.

"Better t'try it out in an actual situation," he added. "Best way t'learn." He added.

He looked at Tiaret and waited for her to start, not exactly sure how it all went about. In the last siege, he'd seen a lot of magic used, and a lot of other things. Those with swords were going at their opponents without an inch of room to rest.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/16/04 8:52 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   bwah!
 Nodding, Tiaret moved so that she was positioned in front of him, spaced apart just enough. "I'm going to attack, now, and I want you to respond with the appropriate parries. Don't worry...I'll go easy on you," she reassured with a small grin. "The point isn't to beat you, but to teach you. We'll get competitive later, when you're more experienced. But for now, don't focus on besting me, and do not focus on attacking. Simply parry. Simply focus on form, not strength. Form is probably the most important factor when it comes to swordfighting. Strength only comes second. Ready?"

With that said, she started, at first announcing her attacks to give him time to respond and alternating between high and low thrusts. But, as the practice continued, she gradually stopped warning him of her actions...and started mixing up her attacks, so that they were no longer predictable.

After a while of this, she paused, lowering her sword. "How are you doing?"

HeavenzGift16
The Fallen Angel
(10/16/04 9:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   SHUAW!
 Akamu tried his best to keep up, reacting a bit late with some of Tiaret's unannounced attacks. Well, the fun had been sucked out of this little event--not that he had expected it to be fun, but he had become more and more focused on actually fighting and doing what Tiaret had told him to do... More than he had thought he would have been.

"Somethin' tells me y've done this b'fore..." Akamu replied to her once she stopped, a grin on his face. "I'm doin' fine, its'not tha' bad." He added.

Akamu was in no rush to be competitive with Tiaret. he was content just knowing how to use a sword. He was different from other guys in that respect. He was happy being second to someone, or even last. He knew what he could and couldn't do, so being able to do things he previously couldn't was fun and challenging. He liked it. He had no problem with Tiaret being better, it meant she was good at something and wasn't too high and mighty to teach it to others.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/24/04 5:21 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Heh!
 She gave a light laugh. "Very perceptive of you. Yes, I have been doing this long." Ever since she got here. Indeed...that had been her first lesson. Self defense, combat. Oh, like most Gryphons, she could hold her own just fine while in her native body. But human bodies were so much different...

And she had learned that the hard way.

But, that was over with. And she certainly didn't want to brood on it now. "No, you are doing well, Akamu. Swordfighting certainly is not something one picks up in a few rounds, nor is one born with the gift. It takes practice...lots of it. I was in your position when I first began, and you are doing well." And it really helped that he wasn't like most guys she'd seen. He was really focusing, and doing as he was instructed. Not at all like those testosterone driven males she'd seen make fools of themselves on the streets...

"Now...are you up to more practice? Perhaps we could move onto attacks, just introduce you to them. That is...if you wouldn't like a break..."

HeavenzGift16
The Fallen Angel
(10/24/04 5:31 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Re: Heh!
 "Eh, I'm fine." He said with a shrug. "An' a guess attacks migh' be the next best thing, righ'?" He asked.

"S'when'd yeh learn all this?" Akamu asked. She certainly looked like she knew what she was doing! And she was a good teacher--and Akamu was one to know what teaching was! He had been one himself, though ironically he had taught English. Looking back on that, he felt a bit sorry for the poor American students who had had to keep up with his accent. He could have only hoped he taught on days that his accent was rather hushed!

"Yer quite the teacher Ms. Tia," he added with a grin. He didn't know if children around here called their teachers Mr. or Mrs....

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/24/04 8:46 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Let's not go there...
 "I...I learned all this when I first came here..." Tiaret replied awkwardly, brushing black hair from her sand brown eyes. "Everything is so much different here. Well...different, I suppose, because of, well...thisâ€"" She made a sweeping motion with her hand that took in the whole of her body. "This form...human bodies are weak, quite unlike my own body. I had to find a new way to protect myself, to fend for myself. That is why I took up swordfighting. It was the next best thing...and most effective option."

Not the whole truth, but truth enoughâ€"the only truth she would willingly offer.

Offering a small smile, she gave a slight shrug. "Glad my lessons are effective. It is my first time teaching...you are my first student, you could say." She didn't question his use of "ms." before her name, even if she didn't quite understand it. After all...she had no idea what a teacher was. Well...not in the way Akamu was thinking, at least. Those kind, classrooms and professors, simply didn't exist here.

"Well? Would you like to practice more, or take a break first?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

[OOC: just to make things progress.. I'll put a week or two between the last posts and now]

Once again Akamu and Tiaret were out in the courtyard "sparring." Akamu had learned the basics Tiaret had taught him and in his opinion, he wasn't too bad. Of course, he was no Caanan or Fenway, but he wasn't a complete idiot with a sword anymore. Of course, if he took up drinking again (thought he and Tiaret promised to stay sober together) it'd be a much different story. A hammered Akamu with a sword would not be a pretty sight... or a safe one.

"Everyone's jus' waitin' for tha' war, eh?" Akamu said as he raised his sword, noticing the only noise having been made in a while was his sword against the sheath. Pure silence. Guards stood tall and silent, looking about the horizon. Doubled and tripled at every entrance and Akamu knew there were more where he couldn't even see or notice them. Archers were high in the towers--unseen. He only knew they were there because he'd heard Dawn talking about it one day. And the castle mages? Some in the towers, others disguised as guards and some within the castle.

If anything could penetrate and take over this castle, Akamu would be amazed. He'd never seen any group of beings so dedicated to the safety of the Kingdom and the castle. It truly was amazing and Akamu would be the first to tell anyone that.

"I almost 'ope it'd be done and over wit," he said, letting his voice drop a bit. Breaking the silence almost seemed to make things more eerie. "Then we could go back t'the house and not worry 'bout all this."