Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Moss men, Upset artifacts, Tiny dragons, Oh my!

Started by LostSoul, May 30, 2022, 10:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostSoul

Godfrey would glance over and nod with a grin, not minding the silence on the way down, gave him time to his own thoughts. He stared ahead, moving forward, hand on the right side, he felt etches and grooves as he moved ahead, the stone dusty that single tingles through his fingers. Their feet echoing slightly as he felt his hand go around the corner, so he did. Entered a room, empty save for destroyed, rotten furniture, a dip in the middle of the room where moss now grew looked some what like a bath. Faces of water nymphs' bearing water faded, but still there on the walls of the room, it seems though it has been dried up for years.

Godfrey kept his feet moving, looking about in fascination as they entered deeper. Stopping as he pointed.

"Look." he said, pointing to a floating blue banded stone in the middle of the bath. It just seemed to be floating there, an azure color that hovered about five feet in the area, the bands black around it, making it look like some sort of model planet  as he glanced over.

"Ya know what it is? If ye nay know, wanna touch it and find out?" he asks curiously with a impish grin to the dragon as he looked back at the floating orb, eyes darting to where they entered. The moss thing was still down here, and being ambushed may not be very healthy for them.

Bunbun

Axia kept relatively close to Godfrey (and his torch) as he followed the wall down the right side, but apparently was interested enough in the floating stone that she was willing to step past him to get a better look at it.

"Nope, no clue what it is. That's my favourite kind of discovery- means that no matter what, we're bound to find out something we didn't before." She circled the bath slowly as she spoke, her eyes lighting up with intrigue as she looked over the floating stone before she stopped to glance over at Godfrey.

"What I do know is... well, it's clearly imbued with some sort of magic, right? And there's no way to know what it is without trying something. So, what do you think? Of course I wanna touch it." And with that, she stepped up to the stone, filled with anticipation as she reached her arm out towards it.

LostSoul

Godfrey chuckles as he listened, until he realized she wasn't joking and was actually going to touch it, he extended out to stop her, but nothing happened.

The orb was taken, it would feel like wet stone, yet there was no water, and nothing really seemed to happen. Godfrey relaxed as he walked up to join her, scratching his head.

"Huh...thought somethin would happen." he said holding the  torch above for lights sake. However, he was no longer paying attention to the door they came in too.

From that door, something slowly crawled, multiple things entering the room, feet moving without making sounds, three of them, about 8 feet tall consisting of moss, sticks, and fungal growths. Moving every slowly towards the position, step by step towards them, soon, they would be within the light, giant garbage can sized hands reaching out, ever slowly towards the two. Danger creeping ever slowly, maybe they reach their demise, or perhaps, it was the moss's turn to meet demise?

Bunbun

Axia seemed mesmerized as she rotated the stone around in her hand, the soft glow from her eyes illuminating the orb in such a way that it would briefly appear strikingly similar in colour to her eyes.

"Hmm... well, maybe it shouldn't be too surprising that nothing happened. Not everything down here is gonna be some sort of trap- especially with that moss dragon guarding the entrance. I don't think too many people would make it down here in the first place, so it makes sense for stuff to be a bit less guarded. My guess is that there's a more specific way to activate this thing, or maybe it's just one part of a larger whole, or..."

Her voice began to trail off as she noticed something slowly crawling into view from the corner of her eye, before letting out a small gasp and stumbling away from the moss men once she got a better look at them. She clutched the stone close to her chest with one hand, using her other hand to point towards one of the mossy creatures and fire a scorching beam of light from her finger.