Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cloudy Days...

Started by Anonymous, May 10, 2006, 08:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

His sister was the lucky one, being left behind while he'd been voted in for tagging along with his mother. He missed home, missed the quietness of their no-name town and his family's tiny castle. But no, his mother wanted him there with her - showing him off in front of any of the noble girls they came across (he was much more interested in one or two of the maids - they were far prettier and more real, too bad they were lacking the nobility required for his mother to permit him to even look twice at them), and constantly scolding him when they were alone for not attempting to be a little more charming.

'Honestly,' Vic thought sourly, slinking his way from his mother's guest chambers down the hall and descending the spiraling stone steps out into one of the court yards beneath one of many guest towers. 'Did she honestly bring me along in hopes she could marry me off and leave me here? I want to go home.'

But no such thing was likely to happen. His mother had no reason to return home anytime soon and she'd begun getting on with the other noble ladies in the castle, which meant Vic was stuck there until she decided to end her little vacation. They'd been guests there for a week now - he suspected it would be another four or five before she gave up and decided to go home.

The outside air soothed his frazzled nerves a bit, and he meandered farther towards the center of the castle to visit the gardens, where he was hoping he could be alone - away from his parent, away from the cute serving girls, and most importantly, away from those higher-up noble girls that just looked down their noses at him and whispered behind his back about how he wasn't even making the attempt to be sweet and charming and oh, what nerve he had.

Tch'. Women.

Anonymous

Another day, another noble family to visit. Well, not nobles. People pretending to be nobles, or so the rumor went. Trying to fit in with hers’ and the others. It was nothing spectacular, just rather boring. It was her father’s idea, for her to tag along. Honestly, the other families weren’t awful or anything. They just weren’t interesting. And above all else, they didn’t notice her or her stories. How they could get away with not noticing her, the glorious Cecelia, was almost too pathetic a question to ask. Still, her family had arrived a few hours ago. The worst part, she had decided, was that there was absolutely nothing to do here. The piano was locked up, so Cecelia couldn’t show off. Show off wasn’t the right word, dazzle was closer. And whenever she mentioned the opera, the cultured events she thought every other noble family adored, she was met with a blank stare. Well, this wouldn’t do. Not at all.

So, outside seemed to be a better option. There were flowers, lots of flowers, and most likely a hedge maze. And oddly enough, that…woman’s…son? Was it son? Some child..was he a child? Anyway, the…boy…who had been tagging along with the woman since the pair had arrived. Whenever that was. She didn't much notice the other families. After all, they didn’t much care for Cecelia. And that was a sin against…well, something. Still, might as well pretend to show interest. Once that would be accomplished, well, then it’d be easy to talk about her day. And the opera. And all the things she thought made her a complete and cultured individual.  

So, she walked, or sauntered, behind him, for as long as her heels would allow, and calmly tapped him on the shoulder. “I’m afraid I didn’t get your name, but maybe I could show you around?"  she said, everything sounding as if it were a question. She placed her hands together, held together near where her lap should be. The charm was oozing, probably not working. “Or you can walk alone? I don’t mind. The…other adults in there aren’t showing much interest in me, and it would be quite nice to have some company, if you would allow?â€? she continued to say, a small hint of faux-shyness stealing its way into the dialogue.

“I’m Cecelia… Cecelia Demilne, if you didn’t know that much yet,� she added, looking at the cobbles beneath her, leading further into the gardens. There, now she looked inconspicuous. Now she’d be able to talk to someone. About herself. Her favorite subject.

(OOC: behold! My first post! ^_^)

Anonymous

The touch and voice startled Vic and he turned around rather quickly, squinting at Cecelia and then glancing around as though wondering where she'd come from. His gaze finally settled back onto her and he took a breath, wondering if he indeed did say something to the effect of 'yes, I want to get lost alone, go away', if she would get angry... or worse, cry. Girls had that habit. It was terrible.

Unfortunately being in a castle not his own made him lose his nerve to be rude, and he straightened up a bit and forced a smile. "I'm Victor. Please, just call me Vic." Because he loathed his full name and, evidentally, wasn't carring enough to give her his last name. Why bother? His family was so small that nobody ever recognized their name or their sigil anyway. All he ever got in return was a little, 'teehee, my, I've never heard of your family!' and that wasn't something he particularly felt like dealing with now.

Vic frowned, trying to place Cecelia's face. Had he been introduced to her earlier? Was he supposed to remember her? He hoped not, because nothing came to mind, nor did her name sound familiar. Then again he'd not been paying any sort of special attention to anyone he'd met, so that wasn't too surprising.

"I'd love it if you could show me around," he said in his most polite tone. "I'm afraid this castle's much larger than my own; I'm like to get lost, wandering about by myself."