Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kind Of New And Lost

Started by Anonymous, June 13, 2006, 01:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Bella walked around the castle thinking and not really paying attention to where she was going. ' Why does the castle seem to be so deserted? There does no seem to be much action going on right now. It is as if no one is here' She thought. " Maybe I should head to the front door" She said aloud talking to herself so sighing she turns a corner.

Goldie

The once Master of Arms flipped through a stack of papers as he walked slowly along the corridors.  It took so much effort to rule a kingdom and he was barely holding half of what needed to be filed, signed, and burned.  With so much paper it was hard to filter out what was life threateningly important and what was another fued between villagers over a pig.

He wondered how Dawn had managed it, not for the first time as he skimmed through yet another report on how the walls were being built up to withstand magical explosions.  It was good to know that the mages of the castle did not hesitate when it came to upgrading the kingdoms defenses after a huge attack.  They had been working for some time on reinforcing the out defenses and setting up barriers that blocked portals from entering from the outside and it seemed that things were going smoothly.

Well that was a relief.

With a sigh, Fenway took that report and flipped it to the back of the pile, bringing up a new one.  Just as he got past the first line of a letter from some noble sending their respects to the new king, he jumped as he nearly ran into someone turning the same corner as he.

"I'm sorry!"  he replied in surprise, taking a quick step to the side to stay out of her way while juggling the papers, a few falling to the floor.  Great, that was really regal.  He could see it now, 'Fenway, the klutzy king!'  he chuckled softly to himself as he stooped to retreive the rest of the reports.

"Are you lost?" he asked when he straightened, noticing her own dazed look.  Apparently he wasn't the only one not paying attention.

Anonymous

Bella stopped realizing someone was talking to her. " Oh dear, I am so sorry sir" She said quickly and then curtsying she said " My name is Lady Bella, and actually I am rather lost. I was exploring the castle and now I'm here but I have have absolutely no idea where here is" She said witha smile and a laugh and then she quickly stooped and helped pick up the papers. Then straightening she gave him the papers and said " I'm sorry I don't think I caught your name".

Goldie

Accepting the papers he listened to her, silently panicking that he hadn't heard of a Lady Bella staying in the castle!  He had been busy, but that was no excuse....he probably should have personally greeted the castle nobles himself....oh well, nothing he could do now.  And perhaps they had just arrived..or were visiting.

And....apparently she didn't know who he was.  Oh well, he hadn't really gotten out.  The seige had done enough damage to keep him in his office for years as he picked through the numerous reports, spoke with an uncountable number of ambassadors and advisors....this was just another reminder of how much he had to get done.  Being king was more than just filling out paperwork, it was also upholding an image and currently that image was nothing more than a name on a few important documents.

With a smile he bowed slightly himself, falling back into old habits.  Techniqually he shouldn't have to bow to anyone anymore, but it was polite to show courtosy to nobility.

"I'm Fenway," he replied with a warm smile, purposefully leaving out the king title.  She would know just by his name anyway, "I can show you to wherever you need to go.  This castle can certainly be confusing in the beginning."

Anonymous

"My Lord, I am so sorry I was not paying attention" She said quicly and trying not to blush from embarassment. She did another very low and proper curtsy as she was taught to do for a prince, princess, King, or Queen.  " Also don't worry about me ,My Lord, you look like you are busy. I am just going to find the front door and maybe walk through the gardens." Bella said making sure to stand straight and look polite, while silently hoping her long hair was not starting to come out of it's many braids and clips and ribbons to make it look nice on top of here head like it woud usually after a while unattended. ' oh no my hair is probably falling out and I am making a complete fool of myself and ugh I can't believe this It is great meeting the king but I look like a slob' Inwardly she groaned.  " Would you like help with the papers, My Lord King?"

Goldie

He groaned inwardly as the formalities began, but kept the polite diplomatic smile on his face so she would have no idea what he was thinking.  Truth be told, Fenway never enjoyed all of the glamour and titles that came with being a noble, even before he had been king.  Now, with the added title, it was more formalities, more gaudiness...and none of it could he brush aside...if he did that, so his advisors told him, he would be undermining everything regal about his position!  Apparently the world would collapse or something if he was just Fenway to his subjects.

"No no!  It's no trouble!" he told her kindly as she insisted that he not bother with her, "I've been stuck behind my desk with these papers for weeks, it's the least I can do to take a walk with the intention of showing you the palace."  Yes...a walk would be wonderful.... "The gardens are beautiful at this time of year and it would be a great relief to show them to you."

That was definitely true....even if he hated the formalities, it didnt' mean that he couldn't mingle!  And it certainly didn't mean that he couldn't help a young lady find her way around the palace.  As king it should be his first priority to make everyone feel welcomed!  Well....first in his mind....not so first on his list of things to do....