Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Preperation (The one and only Daft)

Started by Anonymous, December 29, 2006, 12:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

His smile grew wider, and he clapped his hands together, prompting the soldiers to crowd around her, strong arms reaching and grabbing at her arms.

"Of course you don't. Dead, eh? Well...one less loose end. The King need not worry about the information leak now..."

He chuckled softly, turning away and striding towards the door.

"Bring her along. We'll make sure she stays somewhere VERY safe indeed...hehehh...ahehehahee..."

Anonymous

April narrowed her eyes, and when the soldiers came forward and grabbed her, she let a scream out. It wasn’t from fear, but rage.

“Let me go! I’ve done nothing wrong! My father is Lord Vaskas and he will see to it you are thrown into the deepest darkest dungeon for this!� She tried to rip her arms away, but she knew it was no good. And her father was most likely dead, but it was her only defense.

“I can’t leave! I can’t leave this place! I need to talk to the king! Right now! I need to see him!� What if Crimson came back? She wouldn’t be here. What were they going to do? They couldn’t kill her, could they? Her insides ran cold as she twisted side to side.

Anonymous

They marched her, quite cerimoniously, out of the inn, ignoring her many protests, their feet clopping in a steady rhythm--like a countdown, signalling the ever-dwindling hope of her freedom being ensured. The wormy man led the group, speaking off-handidly, waving his hand with a dismissive gesture.

"Now now, the King is QUITE busy. I think I can handle the information leak easily enough. After all--you're just a girl. A simple, worthless girl. Only if the press get hold of you...well, we want to make sure there isn't a panic. Arca would cause a panic."

He stopped, whirling around and putting his face close to hers, his eyes glowering hatefully.

"I will not tolerate a panic."

Anonymous

April pressed her lips together when the man spun around and spoke to her. She didn’t dare blink her blue eyes as she heard him, before looking around at the soldiers, and then him. He knew about Arca?

“Well do something about it, you lazy git! My home it gone! Arca is gone! And you won’t do anything because you don’t want a panic! What kind of person are you? Thousands of people were killed! I’ve gone near lost my mind from what happened there! I’ll tell everyone. Every single person I come in contact with, I’ll make sure they know the horrible details. And I hope you rip your hair out and scream because people panic!� She snapped out to him.

By now April was pretty much convinced she wouldn’t be seeing the blue sky for quite some time. Each time she thought of that, though, her thoughts drifted back to Crimson, and where he was. She'd saved him enough times, so she figured he could repay the favor! But, he was probably wooing some girl to fall in love with him. He did seem to do quite a good job at it.

Anonymous

"Exactly!"

He cackled a bit, grinning ear-to-ear. The soldiers had stopped about half a mile away, and they were standing atop a crumbling old ruined pedastol. He waggled a finger at her, as if chiding a small child.

"If people don't know what is going on, they will then be expecting that their government is rapidly responding to the disaster. Untill we have our own information to release, we can't possibly risk the general citizenry to come to the assumption that their government was INCAPABLE of preventing such a tradgedy! They'd revolt! We'd all be lynched!  I cannot let that happen!"

Anonymous

April couldn’t believe what this man was saying. Because he didn’t want the public to revolt, he wasn’t going to do a damned thing.

“I have payment! I brought it from a man that helped me! I just need to see the king. I don’t know if it’s enough, but it should help pay for the damages. Please! So many people lost their lives, and the few that escaped lost everything! I don’t have a home or a family because of what happened. The least you could do was let people know, and try to rebuild Arca. Please, please, I’m begging you.� She nearly fell to her knees and groveled, but she wouldn’t grovel to this man. He didn’t deserve to have her dirty her knees for him.

Crimson…where in the world was he! She was so distracted by trying to figure out what had happened to him that her thoughts were all in a jumble. And here she was, being arrested because she knew the horrors that had happened in her home.

Anonymous

The man paused, as if thinking over what she said.

"Mmm...yes."

He stomped down hard on a stone tile underfoot, and a loud clicking sound echoed around her. The ground beneath April's feet suddenly opened up in a trap door--blackness and a long fall below...

Anonymous

April leaned forward as he appeared to be thinking it over, before she saw his foot move and step on something. She then felt the ground beneath her disappear, and her stomach was nearly in her throat as she screamed and fell down into darkness.

By the time she had landed, wherever she happened to have landed, her throat was raw from the screams, and she had finished being terrified of the long drop to somewhere in the darkness.

Anonymous

She was in a very dark room. The floor was cold, cracked stone, illuminated only by the light shining down from above. It took her eyes a moment to adjust from the fall--nothing was broken, it all just stung a bit. Red crossed her eyes.

Red?

The tiles were red...a splatter of red lay underneath her, old and crusty--like a stain. A red stain.

She saw something move in front of her. A rat--big fat brown rat--waddling out of the ray of light, chewing on something in the darkness. Chewing, ripping, biting, tearing...a crack echoed out, and the rat waddled back into the light.

A bleeding, half-rotten finger was clamped firmly between its teeth. It looked up at her, waggled it's nose and whiskers at her, and the door above her closed. April was bathed in darkness.

Anonymous

April winced as she rolled onto her hands and knees, and then up to her feet. After blinking numerous times she caught sight of the red, and froze. She was all too familiar with that particular shade of red. Blood. When she heard the crunching, her nerves stood on end before she saw the rat. After everything that had happened, a rat would hardly bother her. It was what was in the rat’s mouth that made her bite onto her fist to muffle her scream. She screamed against her fists and fell back to hit the wall until she couldn’t scream anymore and she was sure her voice was gone. She pulled her hand away, blood rushing to the surface of the bite marks.

“Oh gods, oh gods.� She whispered over and over again. She wanted to fall down, but the rat was there, and who knows what else. The darkness swamped her, and she had grown to hate the darkness. She felt panic bubble up inside of her, and she began to breathe heavily and feel claustrophobic. She began gasping and clutching at her chest, crying but no tears came out.

Anonymous

"Yes, I suppose that is a bit unsightly, isn't it?"

The voice came from everywhere. It wasn't a person, hiding in the dark. It was a voice--as if the words had their own existance.

"Tell me, and be truthfully honest, are you hiding anything? Are you, perhaps, hiding the whereabouts of a certain individual? A certain WANTED individual. A certain pirate? I assure you, hiding him--protecting him--will not be wise. You may think you have seen horrors, and perhaps you have indeed.

But you have not felt horrors. You have not had to feel the tortures that those you have seen have felt. That can change. We can educate you of a world of true suffering. Rape, torture, humiliation--these could become the new descriptions of your existance. Everything that is sacred to you will disappear. You are alone down here. Nobody will rescue you. Nobody will care if you die. Tell us what we want to know.

Where is Red Iscariot?"

Anonymous

April stopped breathing all together when she heard the voice, before her head began to spin and she gulped in hair. Her blue eyes stared into the darkness, shivering with the words she heard. She wrapped her arms around her waist and held herself, rocking back and forth on her heels as the voice told what would happen if she wouldn’t tell them about a certain pirate. When that pirate was named, she shut her eyes and shuddered.

“I don’t know where he is…� She whispered out, her voice a few pitches higher than usually, and much more shaky. Her voice was hoarse from her previous screams, and sounded nothing like her. “I don’t know where he is, honestly.� She told the voice, her blue eyes still wide and terrified.

Anonymous

"Hm. A pity. Still, it's not all bad. Tell us, what do you know? Why are you trying to protect him? He is a pirate. A criminal. A murderer. Maybe you hadn't come to grips with this fact. Allow me to educate you on what exactly Crimson Iscariot is.

Let's see...the list of crimes he is wanted for...no, too large, we'll limit it to just the charges born upon him by Serendipity. Crimson Iscariot--Red Iscariot--wanted for slaightering a crew of 75 when pillaging a shipping boat. 50 of those 75 men had families. They were only doing their job, defending their cargo, and yet they were killed for it.

What a wonderful man. Oh, and there's this.

A group of elves are found in lifeboats, dead from starvation after their Wave-Rider was attacked by Red Iscariot. They were allowed to live--but without their ship, deep in the ocean, they had no hope of survival. Or the Duke of Borealis--the cousin to the King himself--MURDERED by Red Iscariot, in the Duke's own home!"

A pause.

"Iscariot is a monster. Do you not realize this? Do you not understand? Why do you seek to protect him?"

Anonymous

April stood there in the completely dark room as she heard the man. When he began to list off the crimes that Crimson was wanted for, she covered her ears and screamed.

“I don’t care! I don’t want to hear it! He’s a good man! Don’t you accuse him of being a monster while you lock me in this room! He’s a saint compared to you horrible, horrible people!� She bent over at her waist and screamed until she was sure her throat was bleeding, and let her hands fall from her eyes.

“The reasons I protect Crimson Iscariot are my own! Don’t you turn me against him!� The darkness seemed to seep into her mouth, noise, eyes, and ears and drown her. She once more felt that bubble of panic, before she eased it back down.

Anonymous

"I won't turn you against anybody. In fact, your loyalty is almost touching. But you are a naive child. Your parents raised you oblivious to this world's basic truths--truths that must be addressed if you are to survive this crisis.

After all, April, you are the one who followed the path. At any time you could've given up, could've gone away, gone home. You don't have to be here. You are here because it was your choice. Was it a right choice? A wrong choice? We cannot tell you that. We will only inform. You know damn well that Crimson Iscariot had to get that sickness from somewhere.

Somehow.

Haven't you been just a little curious as to what caused him to be cursed so?"

Anonymous

April shook her head from side to side as she heard the voice. She continued to rock back and forth along her feet, her arms wrapped firmly around her abdomen.

“I didn’t have a choice, I didn’t! My home was taken from me! And I had to help Crimson, I had to. What sort of heartless creature leaves a sick, sick man to be eaten alive!� She yelled at the voice, anger boiling with the panic. And then…the voice said something that didn’t scare her or upset her, it intrigued her. Ever since the day she found out what was wrong with Crimson, she wanted to know how. He didn’t have that Beliel virus, but he had something.

“How?� She asked after a moment, her voice barely a whisper. She was asking the voice a question she should have asked Crimson. She was asking something she hated a private question about Crimson Iscariot, the pirate who she feared would be the ruin of her.

Anonymous

"Crimson Iscariot is a man of many vices. Many horrible deeds can be credited to him. As such, the irony of his curse is that it was placed upon him after doing something very uncharacteristic. He saved somebody. More importantly, he saved the wife of the Ruler of Adela.

He saved her by killing her brother. Her brother was similar to Crimson--afflicted with some kind of curse. Thought to be leprosy, her brother was kept away from civilization, hidden in quarantine. Safe. Until he went mad. That brother went mad and broke out of his bonds and proceeded to murder the docters who tended to him.

The nurses...well, he did far worse.

He kidnapped his sister and they sailed out to sea. His disease was crippling--he was rotting at an incredible rate. His body began to change, to twist and distort into something less than human. His sister, bless her heart, never stopped trying to talk him down--even when he bit off one of her fingers. Iscariot saw the monster and saved her from a more unfortunate death--one that would be preceeded and proceeded by rape--with some healthy cannonfire.

Iscariot slew the monster, and its final act was to stab the pirate lord with it's claw. The claw melted into his skin, and forevermore Iscariot was cursed. The woman whom he'd saved cursed and refiled Iscariot. You see, the Queen of Adela and Iscariot had once been lovers, long ago, and up till that day he'd never forgotten her, even when he abandoned the Knighthood and fled to become a pirate.

He had hoped to win her back, but slaying her brother had the opposite effect. She tried to kill him, and he was forced into hiding. The disease manifested and...

Three years have since passed."

Anonymous

April shut her eyes and knelt down in the middle of the dark room, wrapping her arms around her shins as she stayed curled up, listening to the story of Crimson’s illness. She felt for him, wanted to cry for him, the hug him, to comfort him for all he had gone through. But right now, all she could do for him was to protect him. When the voice finished the story of Crimson’s illness, she opened her blue eyes and stared out into the darkness. Only three years? It had been only three years since Crimson had been betrayed by a woman he loved and had contracted this disease? Three years.

“Why would you tell me that? It only makes me want to protect him more.� She spoke out to the dark room.

Anonymous

"But here's the kicker:

Iscariot knows how to cure the disease. That's exactly the problem. The disease is one of the heart. Cliche, but there's a twist. He must find a woman who will love him--and then kill her, with his own bare hands. Likely cannibalism is a factor, but those ingrediants result in the curse being cured.

Not so pleasent now--and even worse, it seems he's fallen for you. He hasn't told you though. He's the one pushing a relationship.

Wonder what his goal is, hm?"

Anonymous

April’s head began to pound and the blood rush in her ears as she heard him. No, that wasn’t true. It couldn’t possibly be true. She knew Crimson had killed people, that he was a pirate, but that didn’t mean he would do that to her. She’d gone to hell and back to save him, he wouldn’t kill her with his own two hands. He couldn’t, not the Crimson Iscariot she knew.

“You’re lying! You’re lying to me! I won’t believe you!� She screamed, getting to her feet, her dress falling about her as she stared around the dark room.

“Let me out of here! I won’t ever tell you anything about him or his whereabouts! Just because you want to turn me against him doesn’t mean I’ll fall for it! I won’t listen to a lie that comes from your mouth! You let me go! You fix Arca, and let me out of this hell!� She screamed, her knees shaking before she finally just fell into a pile on the ground. She was too exhausted too cry, too upset to cry.