Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Preperation (The one and only Daft)

Started by Anonymous, December 29, 2006, 12:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

He blinked, grinning somewhat sheepishly, a kind of lopsided, almost silly grin--not his usual smirk. He held onto her tightly, but when she spoke, he lifted his hands and cupped her head in them.

"Well...I can't say that I can complain..."

He blinked, then suddenly his knees buckled and he fell slightly, grabbing at her shoulders in desperation, and suddenly his full body was pushing down on April, threatening to knock both of them over.

Anonymous

“I swear, I get out of a room filled with dead, rotting corpses after being threatened with all sorts of horrible things if I don't turn in your piratey self. All I want is a simple hug. Men. Always have to make it a little bit more.� She retorted back to him, her voice hardly above a whisper, before she felt his weight fall onto her. She stumbled back, but after running that entire way, she was more than exhausted.

She fell back into the grass, and seeing as how she’d been holding him up, he probably fell down at well. She groaned, forgetting her tears and need to hold onto him, and pushed him away some.

“Why couldn’t it have been your arms? Or your fingers? Something more convenient?� She muttered out, rolling over from her back, wincing slightly.

Anonymous

"Well, it sure ain't MY fault ya gotta be sendin' me all dem mixed siginals! I'd give you a proper piece 'o my mind too if I could be all agettin' up and whatnot. I swear, when me legs be workin' again, I will be all "I can walk!" and you'll be like "yeah! You're so AWSOME!" and I'll be like "damn straight!"

He glared at her, crossing his arms over his chest and letting out an annoyed "humph!". He stuck out his tongue at her, muttering under his breath.

"...blasted annoying...hmph...didn't see her complaining any...get no respect, no sir..."

Anonymous

April pushed herself and stared at him, her mouth open before she gave a disbelieving laugh, shaking her head, crossing her arms over her chest as well.

“Mixed signals! Do you really, really think the first thing on my list of things to do is to kiss and hug and whisper sweet nothings to you? If you haven’t noticed, we’ve gone through hell enough times to be considered citizens!� She yelled at him, before coughing, her throat screaming at her for being used.

“Besides! It’s not my fault they told me you were going to kill me! I’ve got reason to be hesitant!� She immediately regretted having said that, and pressed her lips together, blinking as she looked to him, before throwing her arms up.

“Never mind. Just forget it. I’m sure there are plenty other girls in any tavern who’d love to be with the infamous Crimson Iscariot.� She coughed again, before picking at a blade of grass, not getting to her feet, not having the energy to.

Anonymous

"Why on earth would I kill you?"

He looked at her, his face a mask of genuine confusion--and a bit of hurt.

"Why would you believe them over me? I may be a pirate--I may be a rogue, a disreputable wretch, and I've done things that society cannot abide or accept--but I am not a monster! How could you believe that after all you've done for me, all I'd want to do is bed you and kill you? How can that possibly make sense? Do you really think so little of me that you would think that possible?"

He shook his head, sniffing a bit, and she could see tears welling in his eyes. He lifted himself up onto the crutches and slowly limped away, pushing into the foilage.

"Fine. I won't burden you're life anymore, Miss. Vasquez. You can live your life "monster-free". How naive was I to think that I could be seen as anything else! Ha! Fine. If all I am to you is a monster..."

He vanished into the sea of green leaves, his words echoing around them.

"..then I'll just become a monster."

Anonymous

April pressed her eyes closed and shook her head from side to side. When she looked up, he was getting to his feet, and she pushed herself to her feet as well, ignoring her creaking and groaning muscles.  

“Crimson! Crimson I’m sorry! I didn’t believe them, I didn’t! But they knew other things about you and were right about them! They knew others thing and I thought maybe they weren’t lying about that. But they were! I’m sorry, I’m sorry! I…I even told them! I told them that you were a saint compared to them! Better man! And I wasn’t lying. Please…Crimson, I don’t have anything else!� She just continued to yell out apologies, begging him as he walked into the foliage. She raced into the green after him, hearing what he said and she bent over, curling her fingers into her hair.

“No! You aren’t a monster Crimson! Please! Don’t leave! Don’t leave without me!� The faint taste of blood collected in her mouth from her screams, and her eyes began to pour again, just sitting there, crouched into a ball with her face pressed into her knees. How could she have said something like that to him? Accuse him of wanting to kill her. How could she have believed it for a second? She shouldn’t have said anything, she should have just forgotten about it.

“Crimson…I’m so, so sorry.� She whispered to her knees through her tears, hearing the wind whistle through the foliage. She wanted him to just come back and they could just stay there for a while, just forget about the horrible, evil world outside of this green heaven, and forget about it all. She just wanted him to come back, to not believe a word she’d said.

Anonymous

The forest was empty. So empty. The dark gaping hole that led back into that hellish pit lay next to April. Birds chirped and chittered, fluttering overhead. In the distance, April could hear the sounds of marching soldiers, drums and drills, orders being given and received. It was so far away.

Crimson was gone. But it wasn't a total loss.

She knew where he was going. To the place where it all began.

Arca.

Anonymous

((New thread in Arca?))

Anonymous

(Actually, the new thread will be a part of the event I posted in echoes...so you should prolly post there first. We'll have to kinda wait for people to sign up first. XP)

Anonymous

(Okay. Er, what should I post there with? That I'm going to be a part of it?)

Anonymous

(Pretty much. Encourage other people to post too. I want a BIG group.)

Anonymous

(Oookay. How big are you planning on it to get before we can start RPing again?)

Anonymous

(A good number--5 to 8 people would be nice.)

Anonymous