Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

On A Mission That You DOn't KNow About

Started by Anonymous, June 04, 2007, 04:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Lady Opal strode down the hall giant hoop skirts swaying as you held up the front a bit too high than proper but she did not care.  She didn't exactly know what she was doing or where she was going but somewhere she did know, and she also knew that this would either solve her life's mystery or add more questions.  Why am I here on a hunch?  What had happened to my parents that night?  Who was that strange boy who I have seen all my life but never for more than a second?  What had happened that I ended up growing up here in the castle? The thoughts tumbled through her head as she realized she was coming to an end of the back hallway and soon to be in the more crowded section of the castle, she quickly stopped to catch her breath and straighten out her hair and dress, after maintaining the calm dignified look she was supposed to have she calmly stepped out and got pulled along by the mass of soldiers, peasants, and other nobles.  She saw a little girl in the middle crying and went over to her, she crouched down to ask the little girl where her parents were when she almost collided with someone and got knocked down.

Anonymous

(( Not to be rude, but, I didn’t really understand your post, or why you had ‘you’ in it, so, I’m going to ignore the ‘you’s for now and just… reply. <_< If that causes any kind of problem just poke me and we can compromise. I’m sorry if I messed up your post, it was a little confusing, hope you don’t mind me… going with what I read o_o I hope I’m right. Don’t flip out on me if I got something wrong.))

Khas was stationed at the door that day. Oh, joy. His gray eyes were half closed, nearly falling asleep where he stood, his chin on his chest, his spear loose in his fingers. Khas was a little bit below six feet, his chestnut brown hair was to the middle of his back and in a pony tail, currently over his shoulder. His bangs were, of course, in his eyes to keep his half sleep state hidden. By the time the lady in the huge dress made her way down the hall, with someone in front of her holding her skirts up for… some reason or another <I>maybe they were sweeping in a very new, very odd manner?</I> His brain jumped to. Shaking himself away, he stood tall, chest out, spear straight, eyes ahead, yawn. Wait, that was disrespectful, he shouldn’t yawn in the presences of royalty, or nobility? What was this lady anyway? Khas, though facing straight, had his eyes on this lady who was rushing down the hallway in her large dress. When she finally pushed her way past him, he looked around quickly, and on light feet, began to follow her.  It was more curiousity than anything.

Khas, in all his years, had no idea the castle could be this crowded or full of peasants. Maybe it was lunch time? For everyone? Or, work was finished and the maids were going home? Khas blinked a few times, his eyes going from fuzzy and confusion to a clear image… And the big skirted lady was gone. His long pointed elven ears picked up a sound though, one he was barely used to hearing in he castle because there <I>were</I> no children in the castle to make that noise when it was his shift. The reasonable person in him told him to go back to his post and stare at the back of his eye lids until he was releved of his shift, the protective soldier made him wander over to where he heard the noise and try to comfort it, so it’d stop making that noise which was making his ears ring. So, the solider of Serendipity, Khas, meandered his way over to the kid, kneeled beside her, and smiled. “Hi there, Little One, I’m Khas, What are you doing here?� Of course, he managed to get this out before she was knocked down. Wasn’t very surprising, she was small, and there were a lot of people, so he simply shrugged it off and helped her up, smiling at her before repeating the question.

Anonymous

(Yeah, I kind of got confused and I meant to change it but forgot to! Oopps!  Don't worry I won't shoot you! :D )

Lady Opal saw a soldier bend down to help the child I can't believe it after all my time living here no soldier has ever helped a little girl only nobles and gave directions and stopped riots!  Never had they helped someone!  She got there in time to see the man help the girl up and ask her what she was doing there and hear the man say his name was Khas.  She looked at the girl and gave a start, What?  She looks like my old nannies daughter but unless this is her granddaughter it can't be!  I thought the family moved! Well, this certainly is ending up to be a wierd day.  She thought shaking her head slowly.

She bent down beside the man Khas and said, "Why, I must say I have never seen a soldier care about a little girl crying in the middle of the hall!  You are indeed a kind sir." She then turned her attention to the little girl, Uhh, she had said she had a kid in that note what was it? Michelle? Yes that was it!  "Are you Michelle?" She asked the girl.  The girl looked up at her and nodded Lady Opal blinked, it was true!  "Did your mommy move back here?" She asked. And the girl nodded again, "Ok then i'll help you back ok Michelle, you know I was friends with your Mommy when we were little."  She then turned her attention back to Khas, "Thank you very much for helping her, Khas is it?  Well, it is good to know that things have changed a little bit for the better over the years."  She said with a smile and a laugh.  She then cut off and said, " Oh and by the way I am Lady Opal I have lived here most of my life but  don't think I ever met you, how long have you been a soldier?"  She then smiled, a nice warm smile, and looked at Khas with bright blue eyes that demanded answers.

Anonymous

Khas was confused, maybe a little worried, and well, just really confused. He blinked his large gray eyes twice before standing up, bowing to the lady because well, she was a lady and he was simply a soldier. Out of respect for her being a higher rank than him, he kept his eyes down casted, staring at the sleeves of her dress. He watched silently as she addressed the child, wondering why a child was here at all, alone. Khas resisted a wince, should he tell her that he just didn’t want to hear her cry? That his coming to help her was mostly out of selfishness than anything else? Oh well, Khas, now in the presents of a lady, couldn’t leave without being dismissed or she leave first. He watched her converse with the child, mentioning something about knowing her mother. Which would at least make her twenty, maybe a little over that considering how old the child seemed to be. Khas gave a mental shrug, deciding that it was absolutely none of his business what-so-ever.

That was when she began to talk again, his eyes stared into her bright blue ones for a moment, before quickly down casting them again. He nodded when she asked for affirmation that his name was indeed Khas. Which it was, he wouldn’t have been able to think up a better name for himself if it wasn’t anyway. He watched her laugh and smile, unaware that the soldiers even had to go out of their way to help people. Sure some did, but, for most, this was just a job, and comforting children wasn’t something they got paid for, so why do it? Another mental shrug and he watched the ladies puffy sleeves again so he didn’t look at her face. For the first time since meeting this lady, he bowed again and spoke a greeting. “A pleasure to meet you lady Opal.â€? He paused for a moment, tallying up the years since he’s been a soldier, since he was eighteen, so, that would be three, four years? “Not long, Miss, only three or four years.â€? A light smile was on his face and he watched the two ladies? Women? Girls?  Ah, who cared. “Do you ladies need help with something?â€?

Khas had a feeling he’d regret the question later.

Anonymous

She smiled as he talked and almost grinned at how we wouldn't look at her in the eye and just kept staring at her sleeves.  She blinked and almost pulled back when he asked if they need help with anything, My, my things have changed with the guards.  "Have you worked at this post the whole time?  That's why I probabvly never saw you, I usually stay clear of this hall way far to crowded.  No, thank you, we don't need help it won't be hard to find her mom if she is anything like what she was before.."  She broke off with a little bad of a sad note and look on her face, she then took a breath and looked mostly calm again and regained her calm compusure.  "Well, Khas, I must thank you very much for showing me that guards can be more than men who just stand around half asleep at their posts."  She then did something surprising.

Taking out a small purse of gold she pressed it into his hand and taking the child's hands.  She smiled at him again and made to leave.

Anonymous

(Yeah, this has been awhile but better late than never. ;) )

Ok, so Lady Opal went and found the girls mother and talked for abit and then left, so she then started to make her way up stairs and just wandering aimlessly, she nodded at various other nobles and servants and ended up in her quarters, her lady-in-waitings quickly started to get up but she waved them down and walked over to her desk and sat down, she stared at the mess of papers on her desk, she picked up the notes she made to try and help her figure out the mystery of her life.  She sat there for about 5 minutes riffling through the papers and then threw them down and stood up and walked briskly to the door and pulled it open ignoring the protests from her ladies-in-waiting about something or other and started stalking about the castle.

As she walked the questions piled up inside her and she started walking even fater than all of a sudden she found herself flying backwards as someone turned the same corner as she did, she landed very unladylike sprawled out on the floor with hair spilling out of the style she had it in and dress up around her knees.  She struggled to sit up and pull down her skirts at the same time quite unsuccessfully.