Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The storm fades

Started by Anonymous, February 21, 2005, 03:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[OOC: Meep.. Been a while since I last posted.. so bear with me ^^;; Things might be off]

Caanan sighed when Sachi said they'd leave only if he was well enough to travel. No. He wanted to leave now. Tomorrow seemed like a stretch. Caanan simply could not stand being in the castle for any longer and, once his magic begins to kick in, he'd walk out of the damned castle alone if he had to. Something about it was just so daunting to his mind. He felt enclosed in such a small space even though the castle was so vast and open.

Whatever was plaguing Caanan's mind was truly working away at all of his thoughts.

"Have everyone ready by the morning," Caanan said in a low voice. The tone of his voice had no real reason behind it, he was just tired and speaking was taking up quite a bit of energy. He just wanted to rest and to get out of the damned castle as soon as he could.

"We're leavin'?" Akamu asked, having successfully caught onto what Caanan and Sachi were talking about. "My bastard leg migh'ave it 'nother way," he added, swinging his legs over the bed and carefully letting his bandaged one onto the floor. He reached for his crutch and looked at them for a moment. He hadn't needed crutches for a long time--since his childhood! And he remembered hating the damned things. It was like learning to walk with four legs instead of two!

"I'm as graceful as a cat," Akamu slurred as he glanced at Tiaret, not paying attention to how he pronounced each word in his struggle to get the crutched to sit right under each arm.

As Chailyn faded into a realm of dreams, Dawn took this opportunity to speak with her aunt and uncle. Dawn's mind was plagued heavily with her own secret thoughts and did not know whether voicing them to anyone would benefit her in the least. Still, she could give her relatives the heads-up about her plans, and of course wish them a safe journey home.

"I'm planning on taking a trip soon," Dawn said as she came opposite to Sachi beside of Caanan's bed. "But I'll make sure to visit you both soon and see my cousin," she added with a smile. She'd actually be having a cousin. It seemed so surreal. She had believedherself to be alone for so long, knowing her family was doing well as heartwarming to her.

"I'll tell the guards to have two horses ready for your departure," Dawn said. "Its no inconvenience to the castle, so don't worry." She said, out of habit feeling a protest coming on by her uncle, but when she looked at him she saw nothing of the sort. He just laid there patiently; listening.

Dawn then looked at Sachi, she wanted to tell her something but couldn't in front of Caanan. "Perhaps we should leave him to rest?" Dawn asked.

[OOC: eeew.. No inspiration whatsoever on my part.. Sorry! But at least I posted!]