Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Food at the castle!! (Still open to all!!!!)

Started by Anonymous, November 03, 2007, 08:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Faile hid a slight smile that started to bloom on her face when he accepted, “I am glad you will join us, ah, here is Moraine.  Moraine dear, are the men back with the carriage and boxes?  Yes?  Thank you dear.  We had a broken carriage wheel on the way which is why Moraine and I were out,â€? she explained with a little laugh.  She saw him look at the guards eyeing him like they always do to people, and grin.  â€œWhat is so funny?  Don’t mind the guards they always do that, now what is so funny?â€?  She found herself giggle a little too.  Faile glanced at him and saw him awe struck with the beautiful building structure of the castle, she didn’t say anything just looked around herself and yet again allowed the beauty of the architecture to seep in.

"Tell me, Lady Faile, what's the best meal you've ever been served here?"  She heard the question and blinked, “Why, it would have to be the… no the…   I have no idea!!  The cooks here always prepare the best, anything you want year round, any kind of meat or vegetable or fruit, anything, they have stuff from all over the place.  But I must say in the dead of winter and you ask them to surprise you they will always send up something deliciously hot and tasty!!  Or any time of year for that matter, and they always seem to know what you want to eat, come my quarters are this way.  My parents have a section of the wing right buy the Royal Wing because we tend to show up here a lot and on little notice!!  Although you won’t see anyone in the royal wing at the moment King Fenway being kidnapped,â€? her eyelids fluttered for a moment remembering when she heard about that how she had fainted and woken up to hear her mother sobbing, ‘Serendipity is going to go down the tubes, unless we get a new king or queen bbut it won’t be.. the same!!  He was so nice!!’  Faile shook herself back to the present.

“But on a happier note let one of the dinner cooks look at you and they will know exactly what you want!!â€?  She turned a corner to her room, and entered looking behind her at Willem who was standing at the door, “What is it? Master Willem?â€?  She felt a jolt of… something go through her when she said his name.

Lion

Willem persisted to trail with Faile, listening to her he speak with a smile on his face.  Never had any woman he ever met had so much to say to a man.  Whenever he would first meet a woman from a trip abroad whether it was to stay at an inn for a while, or barter at a shop they owned they would always shy away from him.  It may have been because they were repulsed or at odds with his presence; he was a large man after all and just his physical presence could intimidate greatly, depending on who he chose to converse with.

"The guards look at me with contempt, it amuses me is all," Willem laughed in reply.  "I am, after all, not a noble.  At least not one of this nation and I abandoned the lordship I was to inherit upon the death of Lord Cassius Gerwulf; my father."  They entered the structure and wandered up the staircase to the dormitory near what Faile had called the, 'Royal Wing'.  Of course, Willem was impressed with its design just as he was with the rest of the building and talk of cooks, kitchen, warm food, hot food, meats, vegetables, fruits and the whole lot of it were making more and more aware of his starving stomach.  Had he not failed to sufficiently satisfy himself this morning or the evening before, he probably wouldn't be this hungry.

Then there was the mention of the disappearance of King Fenway.  Willem could reminisce the wails of one his shipmates who had been a loyal resident of Serendipity before joining up with the crew of Eternal Rose.  When she heard the news she had nearly fallen overboard when she fainted.  It was just in time that Campa had caught her and comforted her while she was given a break for rest of the day.  This made Willem think, there might be some reward for finding a king right?  He might even be knighted for his heroic task.  But then he began to reassess his reasoning.  If he were to go out and risk the lives of all his crew just to find a lost king that might just be on vacation anyways, that would simply be ludicrous.  He decided it wouldn't be worth it.  A crew full of humans always brought along risks and problems; one of the imminent was death.  Death...

Death did not bring about pleasant dreams to Willem's mind.  It never failed that he would think of his deceased wife whenever the word was mentioned.  It seemed now that the golden ring that hung on the silver chain around his neck was becoming slightly heavier than he had remembered.  He didn't realize he had stopped and fingered the ring in his right hand.  Only when Faile had called his name did he return to the real world.  He put on his best smile and returned to her side.  "I'm fine," he answered.  "I hope they can tell I want a roast duck just by looking at me, I'm starving."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Faile listened to Willem explain about the guards and smiled.  How funny!!  Amused by the guards, most are scared witless, and he laughs!!  How odd, he must have seen some horrible things out sailing!!  Oh, that's a bad thought!!  How horrible!  Stop thinking about it, oh, I need a glass of wine.  WHy where did that come from, oh Willem is still talking must pay attention  Faile snapped back into reality and caught up on what he was talking about, "Oh, I am so sorry about your father!  I didn't mean to bring up such horrible thoughts!!"  

They got to her room and entered the sitting room, she turned to the left into the small dining room attached and amost ran into a chef's assistant, "Oh, good one of the chefs, Master Willem will tell you what he wants or you can just  take a look," Faile laughed here,"I will be right back I am going to change out of my traveling clothes I must look a sight!! I will be back, so sorry!"  Faile then followed Moraine out through the bedroom and into the dressing room, where she caught a look at herself in the mirror and squeked, "Oh, Moraine why didn't you tell me?  I look horrible, and I couldn't have worn the worst travel dress?  It is old and worn out and so old-fashioned!!  And look at my hair it is sticking up all over the place and OMG I have dirt on my nose, look, its all over my nose and half my cheek, oh my gosh, why didn't you say something?"  She lapsed into silence, and then out of nowhere she started laughing her heart out, she laughed and laughed and laughed, she had to sit down- on the floor!!-  and just kept laughing, when she finally calmed down, she was rolling all over the place and Moraine was looking at her as if she was a loony!!  Moraine then helped her up chuckling softly to herself, no doubt about me!!  But thats ok she needs to laugh more.  She helped her into a suitable dinner gown, a deep green silk dress with a small hoop to it, and little emeralds along the bodice and waist, it had tight 3 quarter sleeves with a neckline that wasn;t high but it didn't show anything off, a slightly swooping neckline.  She then glided back into the dining room every bit of a noble lady and stopped, there was no one there!  She looked over to the right and saw Willem standing there looking at a picture of her boat, "Oh, do you like it?  It is my first boat, it was named Boaty I was 5.  When I was 16 I was out on it with my grandfather and there was a sudden storm, it got damaged so we retired it, it is fixed up and I occasionally take out my little couins on it for little trips out and back, not very far, and this picture,"she indicated to the one right next to it," this is my current boat, the Little Swan she is the one I take out on longer trips, isn't she beautiful?  Aw the food is here, come sit! " She followed her words and sat down at the table and waited for him to sit while the servants laid everything out she studied the faces of the servants seeing if she recognized any of them but she didn't.  How odd, all these people look so cold and mad, where are the nice servants that were always here, well at least they know how to set out a table, and what wine to serve!

Lion

Faile was right, after she had departed from his side, before he could even utter what it was he wanted, the chef's assistant looked at him and said instantly, "Roast duck!"  Willem cocked an eyebrow and watched the little person leave without another word, the battleax's assistants following insistently behind them.  Hmm, if only my chefs were that efficient.  We'd probably have better food served than that crap that passes for a sufficient meal.  Or maybe it's just because the headchef lost his ability to smell years ago and can no longer taste the food he makes....  The thought nearly made Willem sick to his stomach as he clutched his gut and made a gagging noise before moving to inspect the room.

He put his hands in his coat pockets until one of the butler's cleared his throat catching his attention.  Asking for his coat, he slipped it off easily along with the cloak and handed them to the valet.  Walking away, he caroused about the room looking at the pictures there.  They were rather interesting, of various people he didn't know.  He vaguely recognized a small child in one.  Lady Faile, I suppose, he commended.  Willem tried to imagine her as a five year old, arms flailing happily as she sailed as free as a bird on the boat that he also saw.  "Beautiful," he muttered smiling inwardly.  Usually anything to do with boats, ships, sailing or the like interested him greatly.  But there was something else behind the intrigue that was two fold its normal height.  He kept his eyes on the photographs of the woman he had just met, scanning and wondering.  "Just beautiful," he repeated before Faile interrupted his thinking.

He chuckled suddenly and sat beside her before agreeing, "Yes it is indeed beautiful."  The chefs moved in quickly, too quick for Willem to imagine that they were able to whip up roasted duck in such an instant.  It was as if made by magic.  The food smelled delicious, much his surprise, as the servers laid out the silver platter around them.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Faile kept pondering on the oddness in the behavior of the servants and resolved with herself to find out why so many servants are down in the dumps, it hasn't been that long since I was here, it feels like just yesterday! Well, maybe it was a couple of months ago but still! Ah well, Master WIllem is rather silent.  My, he looks hungry!  She stomped down her roaming consience (sp?) and thought of the food and keeping her guest entertained.  She filled her plate and watched Master Willem as he piled his plate with duck and vegetables, etc. and she daintily and properly ate.  "So, how long will you be in town, Master Willem?" Faile asked, making small talk, wondering if he could fit anymore stuff on his full plate and how long it would take him to, but when she took note of his strong body she changed it and thought instead well i suppose he needs all that being a captain and all, besides what do I care he is my guest and he is allowed to eat whatever, and it always makes the cooks happy to have as few leftovers as possible.

She thought of what his answer would be and what she would be doing for the next couple of months, with Moraine the whole time, hmm, gotta get her out more, I wonder how? Give her money for her to buy stuff, hmm, gotta think about that, maybe I'll go to a bar while shes out?  She snapped back to reality Moraine entered the room to check on things then slipped back out, she was pretty sure MAster Willem didn't see her check on things since it was behind him, she was also pretty sure she didn't see her petticoats...  She kept up the small talk while eating and making sure he had all the stuff he needed, wine food etc.  She sipped on her own wine and realized she was still on her first glass, Hmm, I wonder if I can drunk off one glass of wine, I did off 5.  But for my defense it was mixed in with my lemonade, I asked for non-alcoholic lemonade at that party!!  She quickly wiped the frown off her face and smoothed her featured, she dabbed at her lips as if she had something there, to hide the frown.

Lion

The wine was perfect.  While Willem preferred most of his liquor straight there was something that was delicious and enthralling by the wine's rich, deep maroon color that tasted with just a hint of honey.  It was strong in its own right and just as sweet.  It enough for him at the moment; until the glass was empty of course.

Lady Faile at and drank her drink and meal with a certain elegance that Willem did not or feel he could ever have.  Whatever it was that he decided to put onto his plate and whatever drink landed trapped within a glass, he ate and drank with his own volition, not really caring to watch whether or not if he made a mess.  For much of his life he was able to do as much as he pleased without reproach or criticism from anyone.  He felt that if anyone would try to tell him a thing or two about eating like a gentleman, he would simply shrug and continue to do as he wanted to do.  It really made no difference to him.  But before, he had never had the privilege to dine with nobility of any kind.  Now he felt himself shrinking very vaguely inside.  Perhaps, he thought with a vague glimpse of shame, it's simply due to her fine breeding.  She is nobility after all.

And, as he predicted, after slopping down the last droplets of the fine wine, he simply asked for more and journey to the bottom of the goblet with more fervor than before.  And true to Faile's thoughts, he was indeed hungry since he hadn't eaten in what felt like three whole days.  A man of his size should never go that long without gorging down food of some kind.  Listening to Lady Faile's question, he swallowed down the last bite of duck on his plate, before moving on to the other morsels, "Please, Lady Faile, you don't have to upkeep the formality.  Willem will do just fine.  And I don't think I'll be staying for long.  As a matter of fact I just ventured into town this afternoon.  Perhaps another day or two shall do and then I'll have to take a caravan back to Cerenis."  He smiled at her, taking another sip of wine, feeling the buzz it gave him go to his head and then reverberate back through the rest of his body.  Now the quickness of the liquor was starting to take effect on him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She smiled as he ate with great hunger, Hmm, he is really, really, hungry.  Well, I should probably tell the servants to bring another bottle of wine... well, never mind they just did!!  hehe  She laughed to herself.  She held out her glass for another glass of wine, her second, *gasp*.
"Oh, it must be nice to come and go as you please, and always at sea, in my next life I want to be a sea captain, and then I will live and die on that big blue large open sea, where no one ever expects anything from you and you are free, oh so very free, with out confining arrangements plans and clothes," she indicated her clothes," but I am a noble and that is all there is to it, nothing I can change...  Ah well."  She stopped rather wistfully and lapsed into a sullen silence, she thought about being free on the waves feeling the wind on her face and climbing up the rigging, while sipping her wine.  Faile then started paying more attention and realized that Mas- Willem was getting quite drunk.  "Er.. Mast- er.. Willem?  Perhaps you should stop drinking now.  Do you already have rooms at an inn? or somewhere?  Are you okay?"  Faile looked at Willem in concern.  She looked behind Willem and saw Moraines concerned face, Faile smiled at Moraine.  Well, the night is still young let him drink to his hearts content and maybe one or two more drinks wouldn't hurt me..  maybe this is a bad idea, well if it is it is a pretty good bad idea, what did my cousin always say?  Oh yes, even though the voices in my head aren't real they have some great ideas!!  I am following the voices in my head tonight.

Anonymous

"Good evening to ye, good ladies and gents"

Casually said Hugo Smith, Fenway's junior brother, before grabbing a leg of nicely sizzled venison.  His countenance was casual, but suspicious.  He wondered where his brother Fenway was, and found it odd that someone could be sitting on the throne so soon.

"This stuff is great, I must give my compliments to the cook.  Anyway Feile, if it's high seas adventures you like, I might be able to help you."

OOC

newbie shortness syndrome.