Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Late Intro (Dris)

Started by Anonymous, September 07, 2009, 02:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ecal walked in silence wondering why he had decided to at long last introduce his daughter to the Regent and other nobles.  He would had introduced her to the King, but the king was missing, which worried Ecal.  At the very least he thought they could have asked him to go pound on some Connlaothian heads demanding answers.  For in his mind, thats who did it.  But there was no proof that they where behind it.  Renegades and rogues maybe, but not directly tied with the Connlaothian government, or so thats what it seamed.

Holding his right hand was his daughter who marveled at the inside of the castle.  So very much unlike her own home, which while a mansion, was still a lesser building and not a majestic.  She looked up at her father smiling brightly.  Of course with her, she seamed to always be smiling brightly.  She had never been to the castle before, or for that matter, so far from her home.  Her family had lived in a secluded area of Serendipity, his land while large was for the most part out of the way.  Though the land he owned had a small town on it, it wasn't visited often.  Thus they lived quiet peaceful lives with the Engels watching over them.  She had never met any other nobles or the regent or the king before.  Not even when any of the other nobles had visited in her 13 years of life.  Her father had made sure that she was out of sight and out of mind when they visited.

Ecal in the mean time had come to the conclusion that he should be alright in leaving his daughter in a waiting chamber that was meant for guests visiting the Regent or King on offical or unoffical business.  Guards were posted outside of the doors, so there would be no problems.  Plus, despite his appereance as a scary person, the guards rarely bugged people unless the people were doing something suspious.  As it happened, Ecal had no clue if the Regent was even in his office, or if any of the other nobles were in the castle at the moment.  He didn't feel like forcing his daughter to walk all over the place with him.  "Kori, you need to wait in this chamber while I go find the Regent, ok?"  He told and asked her at the same time as they passed the gaurds and into the room.

"Ok father, will you be gone long?"  She asked, her soft voice music to the ears.  Ecal smiled, which, unlike his normal smile, was normal.  Her patted her on the head as he left the room.

"Not long, but I would rather you wait here for me to return."  Ecal said, and then left the room.  Kori looked around the room, their was some benches and chairs, and books, and some other decorations.  A quiet room with a few windows.  She walked over to the closest windom and looked out of it, marveling at the sight she saw.

ooc:  Ecal has left temporarly, They are wearing the same things as what your character saw them wearing in the other thread.

Anonymous

(Ooc: sorry it is soo short, School is starting, I have to get ready, trying to type fast.)

The sun beat down on the city of Arca. It was quite a hot day, at least some people thought that. A single figure hurried toward the castle of Serendipity. He was late, late, late. Something he tried not to do, but sometimes he just was. He cursed himself, today he was meeting an important family, one that had not been inside the castle for over ten years. Quite a feat.

He hurried through the castle gates and up toward his office. But as he came close, a guard guarding the door to the wait room stopped him.

"Sir, you have someone waiting for you."

Drauis nodded and caught his breath before entering to see a young girl, who was quite a sight. She was more then cute, she was already beautiful at her age. Dris's eyes had widened when he saw her, but quickly controlled his emotions and smiled. "You must be Ecal's daughter?"

Anonymous

Kori hadn't expected someone that wasn't her father to suddenly appear behind her.  But when she heard the sound of voices out side of the room she turned to see who came it was.  She had't been paying attention what the guard had said.  So when the man asked her a question about if she was the daughter of Ecal she really didn't know what to think about this sudden meeting.  But she had been taught about how to act when met with someone.

"Yes sir, I am Kori Yuki Engel, only daughter of the Duke Ecal Engel and the Duchess Eis Engel."  She asid as she gave a curtsey to the stranger, not even knowing that he was in fact the regent of Serendipity.  She smiled at the man wondering about who he was, and if it would be ok for her to converse with him without her father around.  But there was the guard outside, so if anything was wrong, they would help.

So she figured that it wouldn't hurt to converse a little, after all, her father had brought her to the castle to meet the regent and other nobles.  So it shouldn't be wrong for her to at least talk with some one while her father was a way searching for the regent she figured.  "May I have the pleasure of knowing your name sir?"  She asked Drauis, smiling calmly.

Anonymous

Manners. Definately well taught. Better mannered then a lot of men and women that he knew of. He smiled slightly at the picture of children being all stiff and formal while the adults were running around playing. He quickly wiped the silly grin from his face, and smiled lightly at the little girl. "Well, you certainly are well-mannered." Drauis said. "I am Drauis Hethryn, a pleasure to meet you, Lady Kori, you look absolutely stunning." He unconsciously reached forward and lightly took the young Lady's hand and kissed it lightly before he moved a few paces away.

He was still unsure of what to say, he did not really know what he was supposed to do, because he did not know what Kori and Ecal came for. Dris sighed inwardly before he returned his gaze to Kori then to the window where the bright sun shone through. "This city is truly beautiful is it not?" His eyes glazed over. "I remember when I ran across the entire city playing games with my young friends." He paused." Ah, those were the good times, times where we had not to think of anything but fun and learn what we needed to learn." He turned to Kori. "What was it like for you then?"

Anonymous

When he introduced himself Kori was slightly taken back, though her facial expression managed to stay the same.  But when he complimented her she developed a slight blush, that grew a little more when he kissed her hand.  She hadn't really expected that type of thing to happen.  She knew that they were supposed to be meeting with the regent and all, but while her father had gone, the regent himself had arrived in the room.  She doubted that her father had found him, so it was all a coincidence.  Her tiny wings flapped a litte in embarressment from the kiss and attention.

She did not know why her father had decided to bring her to the castle and introduce her to everyone eitehr.  The reasoning was actually very simple.  To be a noble required documentation.  As proof of their status in the world.  Even though there was proof to her birth in a birth certificate, her parents had yet to get the offical paperwork done for to prove that she was in fact a noble, the daughter of a duke and duchess.  So, the visit was twofolds, to introduce her to everyone, and to fill out the proper paperwork to make her both a noble and a citizen of Serendipity.  Of course, it was also Ecal's chance to rub her birth into the face of those that had told him that he would never have a child because of how different he was from Eis.

He had asked her a question about being young and the city.  "This is the first time here to the city sir.  It is a really beautiful place, and everyone seams nice."  She told him, smiling happily.  She was still young, thus found it a little odd to be talking about her youth like it was long gone.  "I play with the children in the nearby village when ever I got the chance and wasn't training or being taught anything.  Father personally trains me at sword fighting.  Kendo he calls it.  Father says that next birthday he will start training me in Naginatajutsu!"  She exclaimed cheerfully, as if the thought of learning how to fight was thrilling to the young lady.

"Mother teaches me manners, math, literature, languages, and many other things that one would have to know, like polotics, geography, and geology.  Mother said that once my magic powers awaken, she will teach me how to harness magic.  Thus I will be able to heal people like Mother!"  She said happily, clapping her hands together while thinking about the future training she would get from her parents.  Then she looked at Drauis.  "That reminds me sir, Father ran off looking for you earlier.  I don't suppose he found you and thats why you are here sir?"

Anonymous

Ah, pretty. Drauis was oddly entranced by the little girl. She seemed to draw all the attention to her, as if she had some sort of power. When she blushed though, he felt his heart jump a beat, which was not good. He guessed he did to much with the kiss and all then, but he could not take it back, so he might as well go with it. He had rambled about his childhood, and asked Kori about hers, as if she was already an adult, when she was not. Even though she did act like one. The perfect little girl. He was slightly envious of her father now, but there was nothing he could do about it. He was not some sick person with a sick mind.

Now that he thought of it, he had never seen Kori around the castle. So it could only be that she was here for official meetings and documentations. If so, Drauis was going to half to sigh a whole bunch of documents for her and his father. He sighed, he hated signing documents. Dris listened closely to Kori's childhood, er current life, and could hear that she was proud of her father and mother. He would have been to, but unfortunately for him, they were both dead.

"Ah Kendo! That is quite a nice way to fight there, learn it well, my Lady Kori! As well as everything else that you are taught, you might one day surpass everyone in this castle, I can tell you are a bright girl." Drauis smiled. "Unfortunately, I did not meet your father, though it could be troubling that he is looking for me in the castle, for he might get lost, he hasn't been here for quite a while am I right?" He paused. "Well, I should get going to look for him." He took a step away then stopped. "Unless you want to come?" He held the door open with his back and held out his hand to see if she would take it or stay in the room.

Anonymous

Kori really didn't know how to deal with compliments much, as her newest blush due to Dauis's compliment proved.  But with him not having ran into her father, chances are he found her outright due to luck.  Though as her mother had told her, people tended to be a little more lucky when around them.  So she figured that if they were to find her father, it would be wiser for her to go with Drauis after her father.  So she reached out and lightly took Drauis's hand.  "I shall accompany you good Sir.  Please lead the way, for I do not know the castle."  She said smiling.

Meanwhile, in another part of the castle, not to far away from them...Ecal looked around him.  He was lost, he had forgotten the lay out of the castle.  Plus he had sneezed several times.  HE wondered if he might have caught a small cold, or if someone was talking about him.  Sighing he walked over to the nearest bench and sat down.  The regent was not in his office, so were in the world was he?  That was what was going through Ecal's head.

And back to the current situation concerning Kori.  She had wanted to meet even the king.  But her parents had told her that he was missing.  And that they don't know what happened.  Her father had also seamed to be a little mad about how those at the castle hadn't immeditialy called for him to tell him the news of the disappearence, or to even request his help.  She had seen this and it made her worry, so she thought that maybe she would find out something by asking Drauis.  "Sir, if I may, can I ask a few questions concerning the king?"

Anonymous

She took his hand. He smiled when she blushed. Kori was such a pretty and well mannered girl. Drauis was starting to like her more and more, even though they had not been with each other for long. He sighed and lightly held Kori's hand while he led her down and around the castle, looking for her father, who probably had gotten lost. Kori's father could have been anywhere.

He was thinking about Chailyn, the head mage when Kori interupted his thoughts with a question that made him slighty uncomfortable. His king had been kidnapped, and he would do anything to get him back. He sighed and started to nod. "Sure, ask away, I don't know too much about him anymore, or where he has disappeared off to, but if I can answer the question, I will."