Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

SAND PIRATES!! (a thread for plots)

Started by visualspice, April 21, 2013, 05:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

So, I had this totally random idea to start a group thread containing a motley crew of sorts.
The theme would revolve around this group of people needing to work together to find a way to break the curse that's taken a hold of an ancient Essyrian magic ship that has the ability to sail through sands (though not water, it's a sand ship!)

The curse was brought about by my greedy character, Rain.
RAAAAAIN!!! *shakes fist*

Anyways! THe idea was for him to eventually start gathering a crew (at his will, or even against it), but the idea revolves around if any person or thing touches the ship, it can never leave (read Rain's profile for more details).

I'm still developing the curse breaker for this; it might revolve around Rain trying to actually 'feel' for these people that are taken onto his ship, so more or less it will take a while to not only decipher the meaning behind said curse, but for Rain himself to stop being so selfish. Supporting characters that could help him or hinder this idea are a desired XD

Much fun is to be had! Much silly adventure and drama.  C:
Just think about it...!

PIRATES, OF THE SANDS! *flails like a muppet*

PM me or reply to this thread for plots 8D
hoping to start a thread for this soon~ once I get more of a solid idea down >>

-the spice
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Russo would totally be up for this.  He'd have to fall onto the ship somehow, maybe it's hanging out in the desert and he uses it as temporary shelter only to find the crew members!  And that he can never leave! D:

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Yep. That's the idea.

Rain would be like 'NO NO NO! DON'T TOUCH THE-"
then cringe and be like "Ship.. "
|8*

I'm still debating whether or not to make my new chick for this thread or to toss a character like Artemis into it since she'd be totally out of her element XD definitely something to think on :T
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

NightWind

This sounds like fun. I'mma brainstorm on it.

paganchick

Roberto would be all for this, I am sure there could be some gold necklace that he just had to have to complete his fabulous outfit.

Lion

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

lol. Lion XD That would be like.. 3 characters in one thread >.>
which I've done before but.. still
|8*

The new girl I was going to make I was playing with the idea she could be their 'outside' ties. As in, a part of her was linked to the ship that she needs but they give her enough warning so she never sets foot on the ship but can maybe help them while she remains off ship and on land :|
Had this silly idea she had a magical rock she could communicate with them with or something >.>

so while they're stuck on the ship trying to travel across the deserts to figure this out, she could run through temples or something for them and try to decipher some ancient text or what nots~ and she could begrudgingly bring them supplies.

Dunno, I'd have to think more on it XD

visualspice

I made a new character, Selaina that I may or may not use for this thread :T

WE SHALL SEE

And this thread will probably start later this week >.> since I will be gone for the next day or so.

-the spice

NightWind

So ships have large crews. Like, more than we're gonna have people playing. SO- I've been wanting to make a necromancer anyway, he'd have a bunch of bodies around, with mummies and zombies and shit? We could totally have a- (wait for it) SKELETON CREW!
*pauses for laugh track*

That would solve the problem of the whole "NPC/ ghost crew" thing, anyway. Plus I'd finally get to make my crazy necrophiliac. Like, literally crazy. Like, schizo crazy.

visualspice

YESSSSS
ZOMG THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

8D

and Rain would hate every moment he'd have to be near the dead crew. Might be funny if he resurrected the annoying dead merchant at some point 8D (see Rain's profile for that reference X3 )

but zomg, yes. I could definitely see that as being an awesome addition and Rain would have no hesitation to just like use the necromancer for that, and you know, tell him to go somewhere else when he doens't need him cuase he creeps him out (hey! He could pester paganchick's character Roberto loool)

visualspice

*ANOTHER NOTE*

I think I might just have Selaina be the only female on the crew (minus any zombie females - cause those would be awesome)

Just for you know, more angst later on the ship 8D

maybe another could join later but yeah.. X3 seems like we're getting a good response for the idea for this group thread so I might start it soon :D

I PMed lion this idea it might be interesting to have his character Russo and Rain always at ends with one another (a sort of power struggle thing) since like, Rain is so inept and obviously Russo makes sense to be the captain but Rain will refuse to admit it >.>

X3

visualspice

Nightwind, Paganchick and Lion, when you guys are ready... the intro for this thread is here:
Sand in your Pants

:D

The thread title was given to us by the letter "L" or.. should I say, from the member 'Lion' 8D

Lion and I came up with an idea to start off the thread, so feel free to read up and join in when you're ready~ I'm assuming the necromancer and Roberto will have already been on the ship, but feel free to add more to their intro and stuff as it comes to you :3

Also be sure to read up on both characters of mine: Rain and Selaina, as they'll have crucial back stories and information you'll need to be aware of prior to jumping in.

And... I think that's it XD

If anyone else is interested in joining, plot here first before jumping in, as it's not an open thread. It's a plot before you jump sort of thread X3

-the spice

EDITS AND ADDS SILLY PICTURE:

NightWind

"but the idea revolves around if any person or thing touches the ship, it can never leave"

QUESTION- If we can never leave the ship, how are we going to pillage?

visualspice

That's the beauty of it <3 since they can't, they have to be creative. Adding ropes, chains, grappling hooks etc. Might even be able to have someone leave if a rope attached to the ship is attached to them for a small distance of traveling, so yeah... we can all brain storm and think of hilarious ways for this to happen (or not happen).
So far, I have Selaina who won't be onboard to help them to 'research' into their course to actually find the 'real' cure for the curse. so yeah... feel free to toss thoughts my way on this guys :D

visualspice

So I might try to revive this thread/ plot idea- might. Just posting a reply to this to bump it to see who might have any interest~

Alegretto

visualspice

oh? <3 what character did you have in mind?
I think @Winters-Feather  was also interested, but I'll have to poke her next time she's online!

Alegretto

Honestly Spice I'd probably make a new one XD

After, one can never have too many characters 8D

Of course I still owe two characters...

Winters-Feather

oh ,  irght! if, in issen's story line, she gets (semi accidentally) picked up because the pirates pick up word about her knowledge of ancient treasure? lol

visualspice

@Winters-Feather  and @Alegretto -
Just seeing if you two are still interested in this thread!

Also, @Lion and @paganchick - checking in with the two of you as well to see if you'd like to continue this story~

Also, anyone else interested? Let me know!

Tags: