Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never Wish, Never Tell

Started by visualspice, April 27, 2013, 09:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Arrick was about ready to rip this man apart, when his sister's touch brought him back to her.

"You're not going," he growled, and took her by the hand and began to drag her away. Surprised, Artemis gasped and fought against his hold.

"A-Arrick please! Don't be foolish! What Mr. Chapel said is right!" she stammered, and here, her brother paused at the door, glaring daggers at Dietrich.

"I doubt anyone would come to mess with us. What do these men have on you anyways, Artemis? Is it money?"

Artemis shook her head, blinking back hot tears. "N-no, it's nothing like that. Please, you must understand..." an hse was trembling. "We.. "s he lowered her head, defeatedly. "We found a cursed book."

Arrick's face twisted, then he looked over at the man, daggers in his eyes.

"What sort of book?" he asked gruffly towards Dietrich.

"One that.. if we don't deliver it quickly will put us all in danger. PLease, Arrick. Is houldn't be gone for a week. Just.. tell the library I'm ill. Just.." she felt her brother's grip loosen as she pulled away, but she stood there, unable to look at him as she stared down at her feet.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"You have no say in this matter, Mr. Arrick.  Your concern for Miss Longfellow is commendable but unnecessary becuase by powers beyond our control we've both come into contact with something that would bring misfortune onto your entire family if this is not dealt with immediately.  I'm not sure even telling you of this book is a good idea.  Knowledge is a dangerous thing after all, even for the likes of you I'd wager.  But that's beside the point."

Dietrich straightened, remaining calm still and motioned for Artemis to come with him.  "Mr. Arrick, like I said, I promise to return your sister in proper condition.  I have no designs upon her, just to reassure you.  But this is something you can help with even if you tried.  You'll just have to trust me.  I know that might be hard to do, since we've only just met, but you don't have a choice.  Can you trust me?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Of course not," Arrick growled, and Artemis took his hand, squeezing it lightly, causing him to look her way.

"Arrick, please understand. I wouldn't if I had to. Besides," she forced herself to smile. "Wasn't it you who always used to tease me about going on some silly adventures outside of books rather than in them?"

Arrick frowned, squeezing her hand back before wrapping his large arms around her in a hug.
"Oh, Artemis, what did you get yourself into? Can't I come along to help?"

Artemis felt tears prickle in her eyes.

"If only things were that simple, Arrick. We are not children. You will just have to trust us." She looked over to Dietrich. "Both of us." She said on a careful breath. "And you need to stay here." she pressed, her eyes searching his. "For our parents, our sisters.. for the family."

Arrick took a good long moment and held Artemis again.

"But you're no adventurer," Arrick reminded. "Who will protect you?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Dietrich was wondering at the question too.  Who would protect this young woman when it came down to it?  He didn't know and shrugged because of it.  But he supposed it was only right to come to one conclusion.  After all, he wasn't going to do it.

"She'll learn to protect herself.  And if she doesn't, she'll die.  Not to be rude, but it's a fact of life.  She'll just have to.  After all, she said it herself.  She's not a child anymore."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Arrick frowned, glaring over at Dietrich.
"I suppose it's too much to ask another man to do it," Arrick growled, but at his sister's gentle touch, he turned back to her when she suddenly clung onto him.

"Arrick, I am scared, but do not be afraid for me and I will be back before you know it." Truthfully, she was clinging to him so he wouldn't see her tears, but he knew they were there. Lifting up her chin, he wiped them away before holding her again.

"Is there no way I can come with you?" but Arrick already knew the answer.

"No, I have to do this on my own." There was no sense in dragging the entire family in on this- let alone the only one who was able to bring in any real money from his work.  Then with another hug, she stepped away from him, staring at him as she approached Dietrich. "Be sure mother takes her medicine."

"I will."

"And that father does too."

Arrick nodded, and Artemis frowned in worry.

"Goodbye, Arrick." she said softly.

"Take care of yourself, Artemis. You hear.. cause if you don't come in one piece.." and here, he lifted his eyes menacingly to Dietrich. "You can bet not even the gate's of hell will stop me from tearing you apart."

Artemis was stunned at her brother's words as she simply stared.

Lion

Dietrich couldn't help but roll his eyes at all the sentiments exchanged between Artemis and Arrick and he snickered at the thought that they almost seemed like a fairytale couple from a story-boook, a child's fable of a knight pledging to return to his ladyfair, except everything was the complete opposite.

Gods, I hope these two aren't sleeping with each other.  But far be it from me to care, Dietrich thought with another amused laugh.

At Arrick's threat he finally did laugh out loud and pointed at the man.  "Good one," he said.  "You certainly do know how to jest, Mr. Arrick.  We'll be seeing you now.  Come now, Artemis, we've got a long journey ahead."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Arrick glared daggers at the man and Artemis tossed him one last look before she left.
"Send my love to them all," she called out, then turned around and kept on walking, too afraid to look back.

Lion

If she looked back, Dietrich didn't think she would have the strength to keep going, so he thrusted out an arm to hold her back and push her along with him until they were well out of sight from her house and he hissed at her, the book feelng heavier in his arm.

"Why did you have to go and open your big mouth for?  Are you trying to get your brother killed too?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis flinched back.
"I'm not very good at lying,"s he admitted, fearfully. "It sort of just slipped out!"

Lion

"You didn't have to lie!  You just didn't have to tell him the truth.  And now I might have to kill your brother because he may come and try to kill me.  And that'll be your fault too.  But nevermind that.  We've got to get out of this city.  The sun will rise soon.  I can already feel my skin begin to smolder.  Please don't slip up again.  You're so figety!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Well, it's not like I'm used to this!" Artemis protested. "And don't you dare!"s he said, halting and smakcing his arm (something that even surprised her, but she didn't care). "Go after my brother and I might have to harm you." She gave a sniff, her nose to the air. "He was just being protective." It was his job, after all. He was the one bringing in most of they money. She was just lucky her money earned from the library could do any help at all.

Lion

"All right, but you just watch that brother of yours.  I'll defend myself to his death if need be.  Defensive or not, i swear I'll tear his head clean off.  I'm not making any promises.  Look...I get it, in a way.  I don't have family of my own.  Not anymore, so forgive me if I'm a little more ornery than usual.  It's the threat of sunlight, makes me antsy.  Just keep walking and forget I said anything."  Dietrich cursed at himself under his breath and clutched the heavy book even tighter.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis was surprised by the way Dietrich replied and simply nodded.
"So... where are we going?" she finally decided to ask.

Lion

"The hell if I know.  You're Connlaothian, I'm not.  But I guess if we really wanted to be safe, the best route would be to head to Sirantil Valley.  We've got many miles to go before then.  We find a nice cave or a cottage and we'll be set.  You do got gold on you don't you?  Never mind that, I'll find money as we go.  I already know whatever you earn goes to that rotten life-sucking family of yours," he said, bitter still.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis could not BELIEVE the words coming out of this gentleman's mouth! Or, perhaps she was confused. After all, was he really even a gentleman. But instead of retorting, she only rolled her eyes at him and followed along.
"Just becuase I am from here does not mean I know how to act like a convict," she replied bitterly. Cause that's how she felt. Like a convict!

Lion

Dietrich slowed down and stepped away from her slightly.  "Right, right, that was me," he said.  "It's been a while since I've gone on the lamb.  Honestly I thought my running days were over.  We'll make it to the Valley and then head to the Terrin Mountains and head to my house.  We'll meet Cronus soon after that.  At least we'll have a safe place to stay.  Does that sound fair?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis didn't know what to say, so she simply nodded. She had no idea what to do or where to go, so she might as well trust him, even as a knot was forming within her gut.

Lion

"Well?  I guess I shouldn't expect an answer.  Just relax.  We'll be there before you know it.  Cronus taught me a thing or two against his will about making the most of the night hours.  If you close your eyes and imagine your flying, you'll be in the Valley before dawn.  Go on, try it.  Just close your eyes and hop onto my back.  I'll take you there safely."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

His words were like some peculiar dream, or fairy tale. or one of those fantasy books that she read. With a frown, she looked up at him curiously.
"Are you asking me to pretend I can fly?"s he wasn't sure she completely understood him.

Lion

Dietrich laughed.  "No, not at all.  Just pretend something is flying you.  Mind over matter, that sort of thing.  Don't tell me you don't know about that.  Well, it's just using your imagination to make things seem not as bad as they really are.  Here, just climb onto my back.  I'll have us in the Valley soon.  Just do it, don't question it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn