Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Run, Dragon, Run!

Started by visualspice, August 21, 2014, 11:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @Kirez

"Angel!" her mother shouted, in a shrill and exasperated voice. "Angel get back here this instant! Your dress... you're going to get it a mess!"

But Angel only laughed, her laughter mixing with the fluttering winds in her hair. It was summer time, so it had been hot, but today, threats of summer storms loomed in the westward skies and the breeze felt heavenly. It also didn't hurt that she was riding on the back of her favorite dragon steed, Marius, who gave a shrill, chittering cry of delight as the pair raced off away from the field and jumped the fence.

Angel was also scolded by her mother not to teach the dragons to jump- for they were dwarf dragons, a mixed breed from both Adela and Essyrn- and made excellent riding dragons,- and also pets! This particular dragon she road had scales like the leaves of autumn- a mixture of golds, coppers, deep, rusty greens and pale, rusty reds. His tail was about as long as his body, and his wings were non existent, but he had heavy hind legs that helped propel him forward, and also made him an excellent candidate to learn to leap the fence!

And now that the pair were free, free from her mother's rants and this fancy dinner this evening (she was supposed to meet some lord her mother hoped to impress and marry her off to)- but Angel had other plans. And with another light kick to Marius's side, the dragon let out a coo and continued to race across the plans before the pair disappeared from sight, entering into the dark canopy of the engulfing Draconi Forests.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kirez

As Erik was searching the forest for some herbs he had heard were supposed to grow here, he heard something decidedly come his way. It sounded far away, but the sound of trampling through the forest and musical laughter was indeed hard to ignore.

As he knelt on the ground, his fingers prowling through vegetation, he looked up and saw a dark shape come hurtling towards him, accompanied by laughter.

visualspice

A moment later Angel and her dragon appeared and they would have completely run over the poor boy had Angel not quickly gave the orders to her steed, and seconds later, they were sailing over his head. Landing heavily in the brush on the other side, Angel let her dragon come to a halt before turning the beast around, who chuffed and snorted in Erik's direction.

"Hey, you might want to be careful there!" Angel called out. "Someone with a horse might run you over. You're lucky I was riding a dragon, other wise, you might be as flat as a pancake by now."
And it seemed her dragon agreed as it wagged it's tail temperedly a few times and gave a curious cock of it's head. It could smell the vegetation the boy was standing in, and it smelled heavenly- and before Angel knew what was going on, her beast moved forward and began to chuff and chew at a few mushrooms and clovers growing near the ground.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Kirez

''Whoa.'' He said and stared. Not really meaning to, but a dragon was standing besides him. He hadn't ever seen one before. Before he could control himself he asked. ''Don't they usually have wings and fly?''

visualspice

"Yeah, I guess usually," she said in a huff. "But they normally don't just eat stuff they smell. But there must be mushrooms growing here. This dragon loves mushrooms."

Kirez

''That's cool.'' He said, trying to be casual. ''So, how come you came hurtling down here at the speed of lightning?'' He asked whilst making sure the dragon wasn't eating any herbs he was looking for.

visualspice

Angel was only half paying attention to the boy before her, her face now scrunching, nose wrinkling, as she glared and clicked her tongue angrily at her dragon.

"Come now, Marius. Stop that! I'll give you plenty of mushrooms when we get the hell out of here!" But upon catching the man's question, her blue eyes widened as he bit her cheek.

"What? Can't a girl just go for an evening ride?" she went on, giving a fluff to her blue and pink hair, and a little flounce to her slightly disheveled dress. "Last time I checked, there weren't no laws against riding in these woods."

Kirez

''A dragon named Marius.'' He had to stop himself from snorting out a laugh. ''Alright, yeah, no, of course. Ride all you want.'' He said. There was no rule against it. And it was the Draconi forest after all so it was only fitting.

visualspice

Angel gave him a strange, scrutinizing look as she jutted out her lower lip some.
"Why are you digging around in the dirt anyway? You some sort of mushroom collector or something?"
Okay, a lame question, but she couldn't get her dragon to stop sniffing and snorting at the ground. There must've been a lot of mushrooms here.

Kirez

''I'm looking for some herbs I heard are growing around here. I'm a novice potion maker, so to say. Finding herbs is better than buying!'' He smiled at her, while keeping an eye out for the dragon in case it started eating his herbs.
He took the oppurtunity to look at the young woman, taking care to mentally note anything worth remembering.
He also took a look at the dragon, and it's peculiar shape and beautiful colouring.
''And what are you doing out here?''

visualspice

Angel froze up. Not quite sure what she should tell him, she gave a shrug.
"Just exercising this ferocious beast," she said with a smirk and scratched beneath Marius's chin, who turned into something like a large, happy dog (at least in expression) as it sat on it's rear and tongue lulled happily at the attentions.