Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Practice Makes Perfect

Started by visualspice, May 16, 2014, 03:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She slammed her drink down next to him and gasped out a breath.
"What am I drinking?" she asked, a hand to her temple. "Hog piss?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Cassius laughed at how much of a lightweight Red Sun was when it came to alcohol.

"That there is Devil's Nectar," he told her. "It's hard stuff, especially for a lightweight."

visualspice

"Devil's nectar?" she winced, her head still swimming. "Makes sense someone like you would drink a Devil's drink." She tried clearing her throat, hiding it behind a small cough, but her throat still burned from it and her mouth still had the nasty after taste from the drink.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"I'll take that as a compliment," Cassius said as he took a swig of his other drink. "So, how did you manage to get away this time?"

Cassius slid the noob juice over to Red Sun. It would probably be a little relieving after drinking something like Devil's nectar, his personal favorite.

visualspice

Red Sun was still coughing as she accepted the second drink.
"I'll tell you once my head stops swimming. But let's just say, I'm sure Karime won't be too happy. I not only was able to slip out from his place undetected, but I took some gold for myself too." She smirked, raising the drink to her lips. "I did say I owed you a drink, after all."

Wicked Basket

"I see," Cassius replied.

He honestly didn't care. He wasn't fond of Karime at all anyway.

"So, now what?"

visualspice

"Now you tell me when my head will stop feeling like this," she said irritably. "This can't be why men drink. It's.. strange." She tried to shake her head to shake it off, but to no avail.

Wicked Basket

"Don't worry," Cassius assured her. "It'll be gone in the morning and replaced with a splitting headache and probably vomiting, better known as a hangover."

visualspice

"What?" she made a face. "Then why would someone drink this stuff? It's just so.. so odd." But in spite of herself, she actually giggled a little, but cupped a hand over her lips in attempts to hide it. Or stop herself from... well who knew. Perhaps keeping herself from having a good time? She had snuck out deliberately.. but now what? Was she to simply get drunk and then fall back into the consequences? Unless she stopped right here and crept back into Karime's place...
But lifting up the second drink seemed like a better idea.

"I suppose if I'm going to get sick and then punished, I might as well enjoy myself." Ands he knocked back the 'noob drink' in a few, great gulps.

Wicked Basket

"That's the spirit," Cassius said giving her a slap on the back. "The idea of drinking is to forget about life for awhile. You pay for it in the morning, but it's a blast up until then."

Cassius finished his drink and whistled again. Sure enough, the bartender put another drink in front of him. Cassius was positive that the bartender hated him, but as long as Cassius payed him, he would serve him. The power of greed at work.

visualspice

Red Sun slammed her empty mug down with a gasp. Her head was still swimming, but this drink definitely did not burn as much as the other going down.
"So I take it you're here a lot," she said, wiping of her lips on the back of her hand. "Drinking this much... you must have a lot to forget."

Wicked Basket

"I suppose you could say that," Cassius agreed taking down another to mouthfuls of his drink.

What he wanted to forget was how meaningless his life seemed to be. He had it all. He had money, slaves, power, and strength and yet he had nothing. He no friends, or drinking buddies, or even people who at least pretended to be his friends because he was rich. Red Sun was actually the closest thing to a friend that he has. He also could still not get rid of that moment of her falling into his arms.

visualspice

"I wouldn't think you'd be the type. I'd suspect you'd have a harem of wives to get back to when this is all said and done. Unless, of course, they're the reason you drink," she quipped.

Wicked Basket

Cassius smiled at her joke, but it quickly faded. Who knew that Red Sun had a sense of humor?

"I don't have any wives," he told her. "I live alone. It's just me and a slave or two."

visualspice

Red Sun sized him up.
"And here I thought you were like every other man. Even Karime has about ten wives and you are no where as hideous as he."

Wicked Basket

"It's not often that someone gives me a compliment," Cassius mused. "At least I think that was meant to be a compliment."

Cassius downed the rest of his drink and the bartender quickly gave him another to deprive him of the chance to whistle at him again.

"I just never had time for women I guess. Too busy getting bigger, better, tougher, stronger. I just get so tired of men throwing their daughters at me just so that they can have a rich son-in-law."

Cassius emptied half of his glass in one go. This is about the time that the really heavy drinking begins. 

visualspice

"I suppose it is a compliment," she mused. "Though don't let it fuel your ego. It only came out because I am drunk." And it was here she watched him down more alcohol. Knowing what was in it, she frowned in thought.
"So is this what you do all night? No wonder you're crazy enough to throw yourself in the ring. And throw yourself at me, a woman you can't beat."

Wicked Basket

"This isn't what I do all night," Cassius told her. "Just most of the night. And I believe that I did beat you. That's the whole reason you had to buy me a drink in the first place."

Cassius downed the rest of his drink and immediately received another with no sign of letting up.

"And I throw myself in that ring to get stronger and better. The strong rule over the weak, so I will be the strongest just like my father."

It was obvious now that Cassius was becoming considerably intoxicated, and it only took five or six of those Devil's Nectars to do it. That alone was a pretty clear signal of what a big drinker he was.

visualspice

"Too bad that win hardly counts in the arena. And with the crocodile hunt coming up..." She peered at him as he downed more to drink. "How can you drink so much of this stuff? It's disgusting."

Wicked Basket

"You build up a resistance to it after awhile," he replied taking another drink.