Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Practice Makes Perfect

Started by visualspice, May 16, 2014, 03:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"The rules are don't fall or you lose. Or is that too hard to follow?" she asked, smirking over at him as he got himself ready, and she paused a moment, pretending to tie her sandal, before suddenly raising the fake sword upwards towards his head.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Cassius blocked the incoming blow more by accident. The way he held his spear got in the way of the surprise attack, but Cassius wasn't going to complain. In retaliation, Cassius aimed a kick at Red Sun while she was nice and low. Of course, there was no way beating her would be so easy.

visualspice

His kick was deflected by a kick of her own, then was joined by a second kick, and another, each one aiming higher and higher up his legs.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Cassius braced himself and just took the kicks. It wasn't like he hasn't been kicked before. Cassius then swung at Red Sun with her spear followed by another kick. Red Sun sure seemed content with giving Cassius an even bigger height advantage then he had before.

visualspice

Dancing away from the spear, Red Sun then sure footed herself and blocked the kick with a grunt. Her chains rattled as she moved, and once she was done being on the defensive, she swung the false blade toward shis head then gut to get him to move back and give her some space to swing.

Wicked Basket

Cassius batted aside the swing at his head with his hook and jumped back away from the swing at his stomach. She would be able to stand up now, but that's what he wanted. He was tired of swinging at her so close to the ground.

visualspice

Once she was up on her feet, she swung towards his hook arm, hoping to off set any preemptive strike he may have had in mind.

Wicked Basket

Cassius blocked the incoming blow with his hook and then tried with the spear again, followed closely behind by a headbutt. He was swinging nearly everything at her.

visualspice

When Red Sun dodged his spear, she was uneven in her footing, so when she stepped near enough to Cassius for him to deliver his head butt, she was seeing stars. Stumbling back, she had almost fallen over, but her practice blade saved her in time as she recovered from her position with a highkick from where she remained precariously arching her back. But one kick wasn't enough,s he followed through with a second one, then a third, until she was finally standing more evenly against him again.

Wicked Basket

Having just completed a headbutt didn't give him a lot of time to react to the incoming kicks. The first kick connected with the side of his head. As he stumbled backwards, the second kick hit him in the shoulder and the third hit him in the back. By the time Red Sun was done, Cassius had stumbled around in a circle from the constant kicking. Cassius shook his head to refocus his vision. Looking at the spear in his hand, Cassius decided that it was to clumsy to wield with one hand, so he broke it in two over his knee. Wielding the half of the spear with the tip still on it, he advanced on Red Sun and started swinging. Oh yes, half a spear was much easier to wield with one hand.

visualspice

Too bad Red Sun was ready for him, she dodged the swing and moved around swiftly, ramming her own shoulder into his, hoping to off set his balance. It was only then she heard her master speak and she stumbled, literally into Cassius.

"RED SUN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? JUST BASH HIM OVER THE HEAD WITH THAT WEAPON AND BE DONE WITH HIM!" Karime roared. He did not like seeing the pair of them apparently enjoying this little spar.

Wicked Basket

The laws of physics prevented Red Sun from knocking the bigger and heavier Cassius back very far, and he was easily able to regain balance. What he wasn't ready for was Red Sun stumbling and landing pretty much in his arms, and he froze. His mind temporarily switched from "I'm fighting a slave" to "I have a reasonably attractive woman in my arms." His mind was quickly snapped back into the former mindset at the sound of Karime's voice.

"Why don't you come over here and do it yourself if you think it's so easy," Cassius shouted back at Karime.

Now determined to drag this thing out just to piss off Karime, Cassius set Red Sun back on her feet and took a step back, ready to resume fighting when she was. Cassius gave Red Sun a wink, hoping she would catch on. 

visualspice

Red Sun's heart fluttered, but just for the briefest of moments when she was poised in his arms, but then she was standing alone again, Cassius before her and giving her a wink. She narrowed her gaze. While she understood what he wanted, she didn't like being toyed with, or becoming a toy. So she swung her fist towards his face.

Wicked Basket

Cassius shrugged as Red Sun narrowed her eyes at him. Guess she didn't want to play. All well, fighting was just as good.

As Red Sun's fist came flying towards his face, he employed the same trick he had done in their last encounter. Instead of blocking or evading the punch, Cassius brought his forehead down to meet the punch, allowing Red Sun's fist to smash into one of the most durable parts of the human anatomy. He followed up by throwing a punch at her stomach to see how she liked it.

visualspice

Red Sun let out a scowl as her fist connected with his on coming head. It made her stumble and almost drop her weapon, and become too close to comfort with Cassius as she jutted out her elbow in attempts to keep him away while she tried to dance away from him to recover.

Wicked Basket

Cassius grinned as his little technique worked a second time. She would probably figure it out by the third time, so he would have to think of something else later. As Red Sun lifted her arm, Cassius attempted to get his hook around the crook of her elbow and pull her into a gut punch.

visualspice

At the gut punch, she flinched, then threw her face into his, hoping to smash his nose and make him  bleed. Though it started off as a somewhat friendly fight, making him bleed might do Cassius some good!

Wicked Basket

With both of his hands (well, hand and hook) occupied, Cassius had nothing to use to impede the oncoming headbutt. Pain shot out through his entire face from his nose as he stumbled backwards. He lifted his hand to his nose and pulled it away to see that his hand had blood on it. It wasn't often that his opponents managed to actually draw blood on him. Well, with the exception of Red Sun obviously.

"Alright," Cassius said. "I'll give ya that one, but now it's my turn."

Cassius advanced on Red Sun slowly and purposefully as if he had a master plan in the works. As he got close enough to execute the expected plan, he simply attempted to body slam into Red Sun. Surely she wouldn't be expecting something so crude and disorganized out of him. If she did, it was insulting that she thought he was so simple.

visualspice

OOC: This made me giggle 8D

-------

He was right, Red Sun hadn't expected it, and with the full force of Cassius's body (which now she could say full heartedly was truly like an ox... She had the wind knocked out of her as she was downed. Eyes wide, she stared up at Cassius in surprise, hwen a few droplets of blood from his nose fell onto her cheek. And then she did something most unusual for her, she smiled, even if briefly because well...

She hadn't expected to loose. And she had no idea how she was to even leave her master's home to get this man the drink she now owed him.

"Guess you finally beat me," she said with a smirk.

Wicked Basket

Cassius couldn't help himself and began laughing despite the blood still leaking from his nose.

"If only it was in the arena," he mused. "Now then, when do I get my drink?"

Cassius offered her a hand to help her up. If she took it, he would have no problem pulling her to her feet.

"By the way, you got a bit of my nose blood on you."