Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lioness and the Longknife

Started by Rhindeer, July 29, 2015, 09:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Duly noted, don't punch people in the gut, eh?" Yasmin flashed him a grin.

"So who came out on top?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Juras returned her grin.

"Well, he hurled because I ran my sword through his guts, so yeah. There ya go."

Rhindeer

Yasmin made a face, wrinkling her nose. "Oh. Well. In that case, I can't say you didn't deserve it."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Yeah. Of all the times to have my helmet visor up," Juras said, and he looked to Yasmin.

"What about you, Kitten? I'm sure you've got some embarrassing arena moments."

Rhindeer

"Aaahaha, I don't know what you're talking about. Me? Embarrassing arena moments? I've been a poised beast from day one!"

DaGlobster

"Have you?"

Juras scooted towards her, leaning in a bit. Those sharp elven eyes of his narrowed.

"Have you really?"

Rhindeer

"Yuuuuup," Yasmin said, shifting her eyes away. "Totally never pissed myself my first time in the arena."

DaGlobster

"Damn, that's pretty rough."

Juras' expression straightened out, but he didn't lean away.

"I'm on the same boat as you. First time I went into battle as a mercenary had me scared pissless. I was sixteen then."

Rhindeer

Yasmin rubbed the back of her neck, laughing awkwardly. "Yeeeah, uh...yeah. Heh. First time in the arena, I was eighteen, and I had like zero fighting experience. None. Completely green. I'd never even slapped a person. Another gladiator, Agrian, took pity on me though 'cause I was scared out of my mind, so he showed me some moves, gave me some tips."

She smiled sheepishly. "Those pointers saved my life that day, sure, but when they dragged me into the arena and I saw that lion, and saw the bodies of the people it had already shredded...yeah. I pissed myself. Everyone laughed. I was too scared to even be humiliated. Somehow, I don't really remember how, I killed that lion, though, and thankfully I got called the Lioness and not something else."

But then she snorted. "Though some of the other gladiators who remember that call me the Golden Lioness. Jerks. You ever call me that, I swear I'll tell everyone you wet yourself, too."

DaGlobster

"Don't you worry, it'd be rather hypocritical of me, after all."

Juras relaxed, sighing. He found it easy to relax around this woman. Maybe it was the fact that he hadn't had a good conversation with somebody who wasn't a dick in a very long time. There was something about her that the elven fighter just found agreeable.

"Anyways, you told me your story, now it's only fair I tell you mine. I was sixteen, I'd just signed on with a band of mercenaries after I decided I'd grown tough enough to make it off the streets. They gave me a sword, gave me a helmet, and told me to kill the other guy before he killed me."

Juras let out a breath at that, and he smiled, just a tad bit wistful.

"Our compant got hired in Adela. An orc tribe was getting uppity, and the crown wanted it put down. I remember standing there on the second line, watching as a horde of screaming greenskins came barreling through the woods at us, and the only thing standing between me and green death was the bosy of the guy in front of me."

Juras looked at her.

"Let me tell you, I pissed myself right there. Thankfully, nobody noticed."

Rhindeer

"I'd wager they were probably all too busy soiling their own britches," Yasmin said, twitching slightly at the thought. It was bad enough to go one on one--or three on three or whatever the hell the officials thought would be fun that day--and that was nightmarish enough. Being in a full blown battle? Ugh...

She tossed him a curious look then. "Adela, eh? You've been all over, huh?"

DaGlobster

"Well, I was born Adelan," Juras said. He stretched out, his abs poking out from beneath his light tunic.

"My mercenary days took me around Connlaoth and Serendipity, and I got my start as an arena fighter in Thanatos."

Juras brushed some of his hair aside.

"I was a pit fighter there."

Rhindeer

"Thanatos," Yasmin repeated, trying to think of what she knew about it--which wasn't much, and which always sounded to her like the wild fantasies of lustful men.

"Man. I've only ever been stuck here, and it sounds like you've lived like four lifetimes. That must be nice. I'm jealous."

DaGlobster

Juras smiled a bit at her compliment.

"Half-elves are long lived," Juras said.

"I mean, look at me. I'm fifty-four years old, and I don't look a day above twenty."

He gave her a glancing over again.

"You don't look half bad yourself."

Rhindeer

"Well, that's 'cause I actually AM twenty. Well, twenty-three. No hidden ages here!" Yasmin said, motioning to herself. "I'm just a plain ol' human."

DaGlobster

"Oh, I knew you were twenty-something, I can tell just by lookin'," Juras said, and he shot her a grin.

"I was just saying you look good."

Rhindeer

"Oh, well, I know I don't look--oh." Yasmin cut off, a sudden blush warming her cheeks.

"OH. Wait, what?"

DaGlobster

Juras chuckled.

"I said that you look good, Kitten."

Rhindeer

Yeah. That's what she thought she heard him say.

Yasmin cleared her throat. "Okay, like, good as in good or good as in..." She waggled her eyebrows and winked suggestively. "Good."

DaGlobster

"Well, actually let me take the chance to say that you look good as in the first one. Take it however you want it, but you take real good care of yourself," Juras said.

"But, uh..."

He waggled his eyebrows right back at her, and winked.

"You look good, too. I really like your fighting as well."