Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lioness and the Longknife

Started by Rhindeer, July 29, 2015, 09:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Was he...was he flirting with her? Yasmin stared at him with raised eyebrows, half disbelieving. Oh, she'd had men hit on her before--if crude, demeaning catcalls could be called that. But she never felt that was flirting so much as an attempt to put her in her place and intimidate her. It certainly wasn't attention she wanted.

Flirting, though? She wasn't sure what that really looked like. And she had gotten used to the fact that other people didn't really see her as a woman, but just as a slave and animal. Agrian had sort of flirted with her before, but she had just thought it was teasing. She just didn't think of herself as...well...

Desireable, she supposed. Loveable.

Finally, she broke her stare by barking a laugh. Ah, there it was. He liked her fighting. So they were back in familiar terrain.

Not that she was hoping for anything different.

"Pffft, you better like it. You may have technically won, but I took you DOWN!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Juras chuckled a bit more at that, and his eyes returned to hers. He scooted a bit closer.

"Yeah, sorry about the nose," Juras said, and he brushed his hair back. He gave her a challenging look.

"Bet you can't take me down again."

Rhindeer

"Hah. Haaaahahaha! HAH." Yasmin punched his shoulder--hard--and grinned widely. "Whatcha willing to bet, eh? Because you're gonna have to back that big talk up, Jur-ass."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Juras returned her grin.

"If you beat me, I'll bring you falafel and ale every day."

Rhindeer

Yasmin's eyebrows rose. "For how long?"

DaGlobster

"Uhh..."

Juras glanced about.

"Two weeks."

Rhindeer

DaGlobster

"Three weeks, then," Juras said, returning her look confidently.

"And what if I win, hmm?"

Rhindeer

"Uhhh..."

Good question.

Yasmin cast a look around her bare quarters, then back at Juras with a slight flush of shame. "I, uh...can offer you...bragging rights?" she suggested with a lame smile and a shrug. "Oh, or maybe this shirt!" she said, plucking at the one she was wearing--worn and old and unwashed. She sniffed it and wrinkled her nose.

"It's a pretty nice shirt."

DaGlobster

Juras' eyes wandered to her shirt. It didn't take a social genius to see the trepidation in his eyes.

"How about a kiss?" he said.

Rhindeer

"W-what?"

Yasmin blurted the words, recoiling in surprise and a little alarm, her face going hot. Whoa! She couldn't have heard him correctly!

"Come again?"

DaGlobster

This time, it was Juras' turn for his smile to get larger.

"If you win, I bring you falafel and ale every day for three whole weeks," Juras said.

"If I win, you gotta give me a kiss."

Rhindeer

Granted, when he framed it like that, it was ridiculously low risk on her end with the potential for a huge reward. Still, she couldn't help but be a little flustered, even as she tried to rein it in like the hardened warrior she was. She was a gladiator! She'd spilled men's intestines all over the sand, and knew a thousand creative, colorful ways to swear. She didn't get all blushy like some innocent maiden over a kiss.

And fuck no was she going to admit that she had never been kissed before, and that she was one of the lucky slaves that had managed to remain untouched.

That protecting herself was what had landed her in the Colosseum in the first place.

She cleared her throat. Whatever. Wasn't like she was going to lose. There was no way she was missing out on ale and falafel for weeks.

"Fine," she said with a wry grin. "Hope you saved up, because this is gonna cost you!"

DaGlobster

Juras knew it was low-risk, high-reward on Yasmin's end, but honestly, he didn't care. She was a slave, and she was pretty cool, so he wouldn't even mind bringing her falafel and ale on a daily basis. He found that he rather liked taking to her.

There were a few moments of awkward silence, before Juras cleared his throat.

"So I guess we better get to it, huh?"

Rhindeer

"No rest for the wicked, as they say," Yasmin said with a snort, and reached up to gingerly prod her sore nose. "Just maybe try not to get me in the nose again, yeah? I'm still healing! And I don't want a crooked nose! I wanna keep these gorgeous good looks as long as I can."

She stuck her tongue out at him, then rose to her feet and pat her full belly.

"Hrm. Though maybe it's not such a great idea just yet. I mean unless you're down with another vomit bath."

DaGlobster

"Oh, yeah," Juras said, and his expression actually turned a bit sheepish.

"Do they let you into the sparring area? We could meet up there in a few hours, then."

Rhindeer

"Oh, sure. I'm on good behavior, so my cell's unlocked. Not like I could actually leave the Colosseum. There's guards at every turn."

She stretched, then plopped back down onto her cot. "Sundown sound good to you?"

DaGlobster

"See you then, Yasmin," Juras said, and he stood up. He left the remaining falafels with her, and gave her a parting smile before he left.

Rhindeer

Yasmin wrapped the remaining falafel in a spare shirt, and hit it under her measly pillow. Then, feeling strangely nervous, she did her best to nap off her meal. She would need the rest to perform well later and...well...

Guh. So strange to be nervous about this, the most benign fight she would ever have! But it was a different sort of nerves. Her other fights were for survival, or for money awarded to her master. This would be the first fight she ever participated in that was done for her own potential reward. Huh. Maybe it wasn't so much nerves as anticipation and excitement. She'd never done a match where she could actually win something, and win something nice. Never had a match been fun.

It was a different sort of feeling.

When the time came, she rose and headed for the practice yard. She didn't bother with armor, nor did she bring her weapons; this was only a friendly sparring match, after all, and there were plenty of wooden swords there to fight with. She got there a little early, since she always preferred that to being late, and took a seat in the sand with a wooden sword laid across her knees as she waited.

DaGlobster

Juras arrived on time, give or take a few minutes. he was wearing a different tunic now. It wasn't as sheer as the one he was wearing before, but it was open down the middle, so it was more akin to a vest than anything else. He also had his hair done up in a bone, to prevent any unwarranted grabbing.

He saw Yasmin, and smiled, walking over to her.

"I hope you've napped off those falafels," Juras said, and he sat down right in front of her.

"You good to start?"