Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lioness and the Longknife

Started by Rhindeer, July 29, 2015, 09:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Yasmin let out a strangled laugh and punched Juras in the arm as he passed.

"Don't keep me waiting, Jur-ass!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"I won't."

Juras smiled, and exited her cell.

Rhindeer

The rest of the day was uneventful, right on into the night and morning. It was boring, as usual, and she slept in a little later than she had planned on--

And woke up to one of her usual nightmares.

Fortunately, it wasn't the screaming sort, which was a small blessing. She hated when people overheard that, hated the night terrors, and even though she hadn't come awake violently, she was still covered in a thin layer of sweat.

Sitting up in her cot, she splashed some water on her face and took deep breaths to calm down, even though her heart was racing like kaadir on the hunt as she relived, yet again, one of her many Colosseum matches and half expected to find blood on her hands and blood spilling from her back.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Juras returned home, doing his evening stretches and settling down to sleep with his belly full of vegetable soup. Sure, his past had its share of gruesome moments, but, perhaps through experience or through sheer fortune, he was never plagued by nightmares.

At least, not frequently.

When he woke up, he checked his calendar, and when he saw that he didn't have any fights scheduled for that day, he got up and did his morning stretches. After that, it was to the market to get some falafel for two.

Rhindeer

Yasmin had been too tired after the fight to worry about cleaning up, but with some time to spare and no idea as to when Juras would be around, she made a quick stop at the communal baths to wash up. She had no extra clothes, though, so she wound up wearing the same ones as before, but at least she was clean beneath them.

And then she headed back to her cell to wait. Maybe the guy wouldn't come. She didn't actually expect him to return, and wouldn't fault him if he didn't.

Friendships didn't generally last long here.

DaGlobster

Roughly around fifteen minutes after she started to wait in her cell, Juras arrived.

This time, his hair was done in a ponytail, and he wore a sheer red tunic that was open in the chest so he could both show off his body and his scars. He was quite proud of both of those things, and hey, if you've got it, why not flaunt it?

He had a small straw basket in one hand, filled with fresh falafel, and he gave the door a few knocks.

"You in, Yasmin?"

Rhindeer

Yasmin had just started to doze off on her cot when a knock jolted her awake. She jerked upright, heart hammering anew, and her mind leaped into narrowing down who it could be and that she'd had no scheduled fights that she knew of when a familiar voice called her name.

...Juras?

She ran her fingers through her short, curly hair and let out a breath, composing herself, before she stood and swung the door open. With a cocky little smile, she leaned against the frame and looked him over. "And here I thought you might be a no-show."

DaGlobster

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, kitten," Juras said, and he held up the basket.

"Fallafel?"

Rhindeer

"You actually got it?" Yasmin blurted before she could help it, eyes on the basket, before she stepped back to let him inside. "Holy shit. I didn't actually expect...I mean..."

She shifted awkwardly and scratched the back of her neck. "Uh...wow. Thanks."

DaGlobster

"You're welcome," Juras said, beaming at the reaction he got out of her.

He stepped inside of her cell.

"So, how was your day?"

Rhindeer

"Boring," Yasmin said as she flopped down onto her cot and scooted over to give him room to do the same. "So how about we talk about your day instead, and while you talk, I stuff my face? Sound good to you? Because it sounds great to me!"

And without ceremony, she grabbed a falafel ball and popped it in her mouth.

DaGlobster

Juras plopped down next to her, close enough so that the side of his leg touched hers.

"Well, I woke up, worked out. Didn't have any fights today," Juras started, and he looked over to Yasmin. He ate a falafel as well.

"There was a fistfight in the market."

Rhindeer

"With the number of fights that just break out naturally, it's a wonder we still need the coliseum!" Yasmin said around another bite of falafel. She swallowed it down and shoved another bite in.

Looking over at him, she lifted an eyebrow. "Were ya involved?" she teased.

DaGlobster

"No, fortunately. The last thing I need's trouble with the guards."

Juras watched her scarf down the falafel, and he took another piece for his own.

"You a big fan of falafel?"

Rhindeer

Indeed, of the two of them, Yasmin was putting away the most of their shared meal. She looked over at Juras, cheeks puffy from the food in her mouth, then snorted and swallowed down her bite, pounding her chest a few times to get it down.

"Oh, honey. I'm a big fan of aaaanything that's not the slop they feed us slaves!" she said, picking up another ball and bouncing it in her palm. "Dunno about you, mister spoiled volunteer, but I don't get this stuff everyday."

DaGlobster

"Neither do I, honey" Juras said.

"I mostly keep my diet to fruits and vegetables," Juras said.

"Ain't exactly high cuisine."

Rhindeer

"What?" Yasmin gasped, placing a hand to her heart. "You're telling me you don't feast on beef and roast duck daily? How dare you shatter my assumptions!"

DaGlobster

"Beef and roast duck?" Juras repeated incredulously.

"You're kidding, right? I haven't even seen any live ducks here, let alone a roast one."

Rhindeer

"Oh, well, you know." Yasmin waved a hand. "You volunteers are just supposed to be loaded with coin! And here I thought if I schmoozed enough..."

She stuck her tongue out at him.

DaGlobster

Juras stuck his toungue right back at her.

"Sure as hell would like to find the guy who told you that," Juras said.

"I mean sure, some volunteers are famous, and they dine with merchant princesses, bathe in molten gold, and wrestle hippos with their cocks," Juras said.

He ate a fallafel.

"The rest of us slags get the undercards. I mean, you can always sign a contract with the colosseum, and it guarantees you better placement and more coin, but then they own your ass. I'm willing to bet a few of the slaves down here are contracted volunteers who either tried to skip town or wanted to put their weapons down early."