Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lioness and the Longknife

Started by Rhindeer, July 29, 2015, 09:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

What a colorful way of putting things. Definitely created some interesting mental images!

Yasmin snickered and shook her head. "So you one of the ones with a stamp on your butt cheek? 'Property of Some Noble Ass, if found, return to Pretentious-Sounding Locale'?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Don't even joke about that, there're guys out there who actually do have tattoos from their sponsors," Juras said.

"And no, I don't have a contract. Or a sponsor. I'm just a half-elf with a sword, trying to get by," Juras said, although there was some joking in his tone.

Rhindeer

"Ugh, really? I thought that only happened to slaves," Yasmin said with a scowl of distaste. "Gross. Why would they brand themselves like cattle?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Yeah, apart from the fact that normal cattle don't get to feast at the farmer's table, or enjoy the company of the farmer's women," Juras said, the disdain clear in his voice.

"I had a sponsor once. Fat fuck by the name of Ghali. I can't lie, it was a pretty good deal, but..."

Juras sighed.

"Well, now you know why I don't like sponsors."

Rhindeer

Yasmin eyed Juras through squinted eyes, brows drawn down skeptically. "None of what you just said sounds remotely terrible," she said, genuinely confused. "But, y'know, you gotta remember..."

She made a sweeping motion at herself. "Slave. My tolerance for 'shittiness' might be a little more liberal than most."

DaGlobster

"Well, uh, let me clarify, then!" Juras said, and he turned to face her better.

"It all looks like a good deal on the outside, but once you sign your life away, these sponsors just see you as a sack of money. They'll use you up for what you're worth, and throw you away once you're not worth anything for them."

A few moments of silence.

"Do you want to talk about something else?"

Rhindeer

Yeeeah, their conversation kept getting all dark fast. Which, Yasmin thought, only made sense because...well...slave. Her life was dark. But it was that darkness that made her want to cherish the light all the more, to laugh, to have fun. Moping and griping wasn't her style, because it was either laugh or cry and she chose to laugh.

After all, life was short, and a slave's life was even shorter.

She took a quick swig from the jug and nodded. "Sooo...didja hear about that big stink at the Colosseum a while back?" she asked, picking at a ball of falafel. She was mostly full now, but couldn't quite stop eating it--especially since she didn't know when she'd get something so tasty again! "Y'know, the one fighter that refused to kill the other? Even though she was beat? With the Shah in the audience?"

She took another swig. "Heh, I was there. In the pit, I mean."

DaGlobster

[So like Juras and Yasmin are gonna ship, right? 8D 8D 8D]

"Oh, I heard all about it," Juras chuckled. He ate a falafel.

"I had some fights the day afterwards. The fight organizer was redder than a goddamn tomato," Juras.

Rhindeer

[Psssssht, do ships sail? 8D]

"Pfffft, glad to know we made an impression! Embarrassing as that was." After all, Yasmin had been the loser in that scenario--and Agrian, thank Hakeshna, had proven to be her friend above all else by sparing her life. That act of mercy had nearly gotten them both executed, but for whatever reason, the Shah had punished their masters instead.

That had been a month or so ago, but apparently it had been a big enough move it was remembered.

Yasmin grinned broadly, chest puffed out with pride. Hey, even if she had been the loser there, at least she was kind of a winner, too! "Good times!" she said. "Nothing I love more than pissing off those pricks."

DaGlobster

[Awww yissssss]

"Oh yeah, pretty much everybody in charge of the colosseum's either bloodsucker or an asshat," Juras said, and he leaned back so that he was across her bed and leaning against the wall, stretching out his abs and arms.

"Did you see the fight between that scaly girl and the hippo? The scaly girl with the bladed tail?" Juras asked.

"She's a slave here, I think. All I know is that the slavemasters just picked her up a few weeks ago. Got her from a slaver raid."

Rhindeer

"I didn't see it, but I heard about it," Yasmin said--and oh yes, she had heard a lot about that! About her strangeness, her exoticism, her sheer inhuman strength. But mostly, all Yasmin had felt was a deep since of sadness and sympathy as she was talked of like she was an animal, and she felt that pang again when Juras mentioned how she'd been...acquired.

"Fuckers," she hissed. "Bunch of kidnappers, the lot of them."

DaGlobster

"Poor girl," Juras said, and his smile dropped  for a few moments.

He looked to Yasmin, and then at the basket of falafels. He grinned.

"Full already?"

Rhindeer

Yasmin laid a hand over her belly and let out a loud belch, then grinned widely over at Juras and plucked up one last falafel.

"Nah, I just had to make more room," she said before she popped it in her mouth, though she groaned after she swallowed it down.

"Okay, now I'm fresh outta room. Oww..."

DaGlobster

Juras nodded at the belch.

"Nice," he said, and he ate another falafel

"I hope you aren't exercising or anything later today. It'd be pretty embarrassing to have all of that come back up."

Rhindeer

"If anything, it could be a good distraction," Yasmin said with a wry grin. "I'd like to see how a big, buff, mighty gladiator recovered from being projectile vomited in the face."

She leaned back, folding her arms behind her head as she stretched. "Be memorable at least."

DaGlobster

"Don't ask me how I know how it feels, but that shit burns," Juras said, and he gave her a wry smile.

And a rather subtle glancing over. Because damn him, she looked good.

Rhindeer

Yasmin barked a laugh at that and tossed a look his way. "Did you receive or deal?" she asked with a snicker, before she noticed the way he was looking at her.

She blinked several times. "What?"

DaGlobster

Juras's eyes snapped to Yasmin's.

"Oh, nothing. I was just trying to remember," Juras said. He grinned.

"I was receiving."

Rhindeer

Yasmin snickered. "So one could say you got...BURNED! Hah, geddit?"

DaGlobster

"Oh my Gods, don't even play with that!" Juras laughed.

"It was so nasty!"