Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Follow Corpses To the Flies

Started by visualspice, March 06, 2016, 06:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @Arocraes !

Blood ran down to the hilt of her sword, tickling over sweaty palms and dribbling off the tattered leather bindings about her wrists. In her other hand was a fistful of hair, attached to Delmonious's severed head. She was breathing heavily, body heavily scarred with old and new wounds alike. But this victory had been paramount.

She took a step forward, her breath still labored from the fight, and looked right up towards the seat where the Shah now sat. She could have spat in her direction. A child on the throne! A child to rule them all.

But she as but a mere slave in a massive empire of losers who could rise up to rule. The crowd was roaring, their words deaf on her ears as she took another step towards the masses and held up Demonious's head for all to see.

The fight had been over quicker than most, but no less brutal. The man had been a lord, one who was great in combat, a war veteran infact. He was calling out 'false' claims against Red Sun's master.

And due to necessity over the secret of her master's 'death', Red Sun knew she had but one option-
And that was to kill Demonious the Red, and cut off the tongue of any others who might dare get too near the truth.

She supposed it wasn't a fair fight. Hell, no one but Cassius, the damned slaver who slipped away after he himself was involved with her own master's death-
She was now left behind to deal with the corpse, alone. Pretending her master was alive was going easier than expected, but these little bumps in the road reminded her...
Although her master was free.....
She was far from it.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Arocraes

Ares chucked his tankard to the ground in a fit of anger. He was assured a tripling of his profit, but was left with pockets that were 100 sovereigns lighter. The only solace he could find was in watching his failed investment be brutally torn apart. He had only wished he'd done it himself. Ares stood up from his seat and walked over to the balcony. He placed his hands over the railings and analyzed the victor of the match. "They call her The Red Sun, huh?" he softly whispered to himself, as he brought a light smirk to his face.

Ares turned around and grabbed his satchel in one swift motion, heading directly to the area where the fighters are held to pay The Red Sun a visit. With each brisk step his smirk gradually receded into a snarl as he pushed aside anyone or anything in his path. He didn't know the personalities of any fighters in the Colosseum, but assumed they were savages incapable of civil dialogue. It wasn't that he wanted to avoid violence--it was the opposite really--however he was certain these trained fighters could kill him in a heartbeat in close one on one combat.

As he drew closer to the room, Ares reached for the vial in his satchel should The Red Sun be hostile outside of a match. He had no set plan in motion other than to somehow win back his gold and, better yet, make a profit. Perhaps this slave's master would entertain the idea of a sponsor, or even a partner. Ares could provide magical weapons, trinkets, and armor to his slave and he could split the earnings from victories. Ares could not see anyone taking down The Red Sun in the foreseeable future, so why not reap the benefits over her battles?

As he pushed the heavy, slow moving door, his eyes immediately caught sight of The Red Sun. He watched her for a bit before approaching her. She was not ladylike--or at least unlike most women Ares had encountered. He could easily charm a woman into purchasing his goods and getting what he wanted. The woman before him, however, seemed like she would be invulnerable to such tricks. Ares decided to give charming her a shot, after all she might surprise him.

He walked up to a wall beside The Red Sun and leaned against it. "That was a nice fight back there" he said to her as he tilted his head and grinned.

visualspice

She was cleaning up after the fight. The slaves had their own designated chambers, so when the stranger approached with a playful tone, she didn't even bother to look his way. In fact, she didn't even reply at all. She was without her master present, and was trying to do her best not to draw attention to this fact. It wasn't entirely rare for her to travel without her master, however, it usually wasn't on days like this.

Rumors had been spreading of his illness, and by now, some where wondering if the illness would take his life. It gave her more reason to ignore this man and just keep to her work. So she finished wiping down her blade and resheathed it, and began to toss cool waters onto her face.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Arocraes

Ares held his smile despite boiling up inside. He rarely had been given the cold shoulder, and considering the woman before him caused him to lose a great deal of money he could barely keep his temper. "Not the talking type, I see" Ares said as he chuckled, albeit disingenuously. "If you don't mind, however, I'd love to speak to your master" he continued, "I have quite the business deal for him."

Ares inched closer, moving his hand towards the woman to gently touch her shoulder before pulling away right before contact was made. She had already not responded to his initial attempts at being friendly, and given her brutal display earlier it would be wise not to make her angry.

visualspice

The second his hand withdrew from the 'almost touch', Red Sun turned her head to look at him, eyes flaring.
"If you wish to speak with my master, make an appointment. He is a busy man."
And she wouldn't add his faked illness into that equation.
"And you can send that request two days after tomorrow."
A bold lie, but if the man were that interested, he'd wait and attempt to make his appointment then.
And it would give Red Sun ample time to stave off his request with a quick lie.

Arocraes

Ares lightly sighed as his smile grew softer. "I see" he said as he shifted his eyes to his surroundings. There were multiple other combatants cleaning their gear and chatting with one another. He briefly wondered if The Red Sun was always so cold and unfriendly. He gazed at her hands, seeing only a brief glimpse of the lifetime of harsh labor she must've endured. Would I have been happier if my life turned out like hers Ares thought.

"I suppose I'll have to wait then" Ares continued, "What business does he have that would prevent him from seeing his little pet?" Ares did not care for his diction, whether it was offensive or not. Although The Red Sun surely could cut off his head in a single swing, she was still a slave and he was not. Ares did not feel fear around any of the fighters, but rather cautious as a snake charmer would be with their cobras. He was, in effect, playing with her to see how much information he could get.

Ares stepped up from the wall and crossed his arms awaiting an answer while his eyes danced around the figure of the woman before him. He then returned his vision to her face with a smile that grew more smug and condescending.

visualspice

How irritating was this man, and he asked too many questions... and let his eyes linger too much on her body. Men. They were always interested in the same thing: Sex, and power (money, of course, but that was an item of power itself).

At his comment about waiting, she continued dealing with her own items at her leisure, repeating coldly "I guess you will." Once her things were packed (as she traveled with little to begin with), she tossed the sack over her shoulder and didn't bother to say a word to the man, brushing past him with a cold shoulder.

"And I do not run my tongue over the affairs of my master. If you care to learn his where abouts, question him in person after you've made means to see him."

Arocraes

As the woman brushed against him, Ares rolled his eyes and lightly sighed again, returning to the soft smile he had adorned previously. He turned to the woman, again analyzing her figure as she walked with her back turned towards Ares. "Surely he has a stable place to do business; a base of operations. Where can I find it?" Arocraes said, this time more deliberate and straight to the point. "I don't think he'd like it if his pet ruined his chance at a great business deal" Ares continued, trying to bait her into revealing just a small bit more of information. If this man was so busy and important like The Red Sun was making him out to be, he likely possesses information and items that Ares would want as well. I could stage an "accident"; or just murder him myself he thought, only half joking. Whatever the case, he grew more intrigued by this mysterious man the more The Red Sun dodged his questions about him.

visualspice

She wanted to ignore him, knowing further talk would just give him more reasons to pry.
"I told you how to find him," she told him curtly. She began to wonder if the man had been listening at all, or was too busy checking out her ass.

Arocraes

Ares rolled his eyes and sighed again, growing more impatient with her. "Women are all the same" he whispered to himself. "Well, I guess that's that then" Ares said to her, "have a good day." He smiled in her direction once more, knowing she would not see it.

He was not about ready to give up, however. Ares walked towards one of the other slaves. He did not ask for his name, nor did he care, but rather presented him with a coin pouch. "Follow The Red Sun and come back to me with details of where she's going and who she meets." He then scribbled directions to the inn he was staying in on the back of a map of the city and handed it to the slave, dropping the pouch of coins in his hands moments later.

The slave looked confused and somewhat angry, but Ares knew he would comply with his demands. Money talks--loud. Ares turned away and began heading to the inn he was residing in for the time being. "If you're too scared of getting caught and having your neck sliced open, then keep the money anyway. You'll need it for the proper gear to cut your balls off" Ares said to the slave as he continued walking out, knowing that taunting him would be an effective method of convincing the slave to do as Ares wishes.

visualspice

The Red Sun was no fool, and she had a lot at stake to hide. So when the strange slave was noted to be following her, she decided to take a short cut along the Niafi. Knowing it wasn't wise for any to traipse here, she wanted to see how close this slave would follow. One she noted he was hesitant, but lingering in her wake near the reeds that lined the river bank, she knew she was being followed, and promptly turned on her heels and approached the man with haste.

The slave, not knowing what he ought to do, tried to make a run for it, but Red Sun made chase, and was quick to place a blade to his throat, demanding, "Why are you following me? Speak quickly or it'll cost you your tongue."

Arocraes

"A man sent me, his name I do not know" the slave said, frightened for his life. He had left the coin pouch in the slave quarters back at the Arena, but kept the map given to him with him. "He gave me this" the slave said as he handed the note. "Please, let me live" the slave said, knowing the amount of gold given to him was a great boost in helping him eventually gain his freedom.

Back at the inn Ares sat on a stool examining the beverage he was currently drinking. It tasted like piss, but was getting him a little bit tipsy so he didn't mind. He continued to sit there, patiently waiting. In his mind three options were possible; the slave would return successful, The Red Sun would've caught him and forced him to reveal Ares' whereabouts, or The Red Sun would just simply kill the slave. Regardless of what would happen, Ares was curious. He sensed the fighter being involved in something deeper, but to what extent he had no idea. Ares ordered another round of drinks, having some ready for whoever his guest may be.

visualspice

Irritated, but knowing the slave, by no means, was the real target here, she with drew her blade and demanded, "Take me to the one who paid you."
She'd deal with them personally.

Arocraes

The slave complied, knowing he should be careful with the woman. The man who paid him, he was not so sure about. He did not want to betray his benefactor, but technically he was still doing as instructed. He led the Red Woman to the inn where Ares was staying.

As the duo entered the inn, the slave walked immediately toward Ares, recognizing his long blonde hair and satchel. Ares could hear the murmurs of other guests at the inn as the duo walked passed by him, expecting just the slave to have arrived. When he turned around, he was surprised by the appearance of The Red Sun, but did not show it. "Ah, it's you" Ares said as he reached for a couple drinks to give to both the slave and the woman, "how can I help you?"

visualspice

She got right to the point, standing as close to this 'freeman' as she dared.
"You gave coin to this slave to follow me."
She waited for him to explain why.

Arocraes

Ares smirked as he looked away and into the slave's eyes. "It's hard to find trustworthy people in this city" Ares said as he shifted his eyes back to the woman. "Oh well, sit down and have a drink with me, love" he cheekily said to her.

visualspice

She didn't budge.
"You are not my master." Her eyes hardened. "What reasons do you have to pay a slave to follow me?"

Arocraes

He took a sip of his drink, taking his time to answer the woman. "Curiousity" Ares replied "Why so jumpy, do you have something to hide?" Ares motioned the slave to leave, allowing him to keep the gold even though he did not do the job correctly. I'll just kill him later Ares thought to himself, knowing that he would be back at the Arena at some point.

visualspice

Obviously, this man didn't know of her reputation. Her eyes narrowed.
"Hide? No, slave don't own thoughts or possessions to hide," she told him curtly.

Was he such a bored nobleman to look for trouble here? Or maybe he was just that stupid..
She wasn't truly sure which he was, but she presumed, perhaps, the latter.

Arocraes

"Then I see no problem" Ares teased as he took another sip of his drink. Normally he'd be irritated by dialogue that would get him nowhere, but for some reason he was enjoying himself. However, he was still curious about her master and did not want to give up his pursuit of him.

The bartender continued to go about his business, occasionally bringing a drink to Ares. He did keep eyeing the woman however, as if he had something he wanted to say.