Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Adventure calls! [DragonSong] [Archived!]

Started by Medievarad, October 09, 2016, 12:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

It seemed a short stand-off between Arden and his father, before the elder spoke again. "Arden. You need to do this. It's important. Stop causing a scene." Arden pulled his hand back violently, glowering at him. "I already made it clear that I want to marry for love," he hissed.

His father glanced at Kitty, before back at Arden. "You have that pet to lo-" he didn't get any further, interrupted by Arden who gave him a solid backhand to the face. "Don't you dare suggest that about  her," he hissed slowly.

Due to the surprise, he dropped to the ground, looking up at Arden, his face contorting into a scowl. "You're no son of mine," he growled.

"Gladly," Arden immediately retorted, grabbing Kitty's wrist and making his way out again, immediately heading for the carriage.

DragonSong

The slave gasped, her eyes going wide. She couldn't really react before she was being tugged back toward the carriage.

"A- Arden!" She pulled at his hand. "Come on, don't do this." It wasn't her place to speak, but she knew what would happen if his father chose to reject him.

Medievarad

He stopped in his tracks, hand on the door, looking back at Kitty. "I can't do this.. Marry to some woman I don't know or love," he murmured with a shake of his head. "For my father."

DragonSong

She shook her head. "What difference does it make? Produce an heir and he'll leave you alone- it's not as if she'd be your only wife."

Medievarad

"I don't care," Arden shook his head. "I know I'll have other wives.. I just.. Don't want to be tied to someone because of my father's wishes," he sighed tiredly.

Medievarad

"Maybe I am," he snorted softly. "I most certainly am," he sighed softly. "But you don't understand. You couldn't." Arden pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. "This way. I will be tied to a life. Tied to a dull job behind a desk."

DragonSong

She shook her head. "And what exactly is your alternative?  We're all slaves, Arden- I'm just the one with chains."

Medievarad

"Indeed," he answered. "I can flee. He has no right over me. If you flee, you'd be caught and sold," he shook his head.

"That isn't a factor for me."

DragonSong

Kitty growled and shook her head again. "Then what the hell are you trying to accomplish?"

Medievarad

"I don't want to be another of his tools," he replied with a soft breath.

DragonSong

She sighed. "Is that reallyy so bad? He'll die eventually, then you'll be the one manipulating the tools."

Medievarad

"I don't want to manipulate any tools," Arden answered with a shake of his head. "I just want to see the world."

DragonSong

"Why?" She threw her hands up. "The world is dark, and ugly, and cruel. At least here you're safe."

Medievarad

"Safe?" He shook his head with a soft snort. "Is that why we practically have a private army of guards? Essryn is never safe. For no one."

Medievarad

"You don't know that," he answered. "There are bandits out there, sure," he took a deep sigh. "But those don't specifically want me dead. While I'm sure there's a plethora of assassins out for me as we speak."

DragonSong

"You don't know anything about how to survive in your own," she snipped.

Medievarad

"Ofcourse I don't!" Arden retorted, snorting softly. "Which is a major weakness."