Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Follow Corpses To the Flies

Started by visualspice, March 06, 2016, 06:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"There will be a problem if my master views it as a problem," she threatened.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Arocraes

Ares could see the bartender's expression light up in the corner of his eye. Perhaps he knew of the master, or heard something interesting about him.

"Why should he see a problem?" Ares replied, continuing to be difficult. "After all you said he's quite the busy man, why should he have time to deal with such petty events?"

visualspice

"Her master uses The Red Sun as his sword, patron," the bar tender went on to explain, which got him a cold glare from the woman. "But like all of us, coin speaks volumes."

She wished she could use her sword on that man, or even the both of them. But she kept herself level headed and looked to Ares.

"As I said, a request would be needed, and on the letter, or on the lips of a servant you'd send, be sure to include what you wish and all of it's details so my master can make an appropriate reply."

Yes, it was true, her master was a greedy bastard; she just hoped this man wouldn't actually try this approach, as it would be difficult for her to pose a refusal where any sort of money was concerned.

"I am sure you are aware of his illness, so he makes his visits meaningful and limited while he takes respite. You will understand if there is a refusal, or delay."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Arocraes

"No man in his position merely strives for gold" Ares replied. He twirled the drink in his hand, watching the way the liquid sloshes through the glass. "Magic, power--" Ares stopped momentarily to look at The Red Sun's backside and smirk "and women, they want everything. Trust me." Of course Ares could only speak of men in a general sense. He was a simpler man; wealth, magic, and death were all he cared for.

"Now tell me, what does he truly want" Ares continued, "I can give it to him." He was growing tired of dancing in circles, trying to meet with the man immediately. Though he was typically patient, the apprehensiveness of the slave intrigued him, however he knew he'd need to be more blunt and direct sooner or later.

"Slaves have no authority over their masters; even as a sword you are just his tool." Ares' smile receded from his face. "Now do not involve yourself in matters you cannot understand and do not deny your master's freedoms. Take me to him at once."

visualspice

"And if you knew my master you'd know well enough he might just order me to skin you alive for being so ignorant." Her gaze held his, still cold. "I told you how you are to reach him." And she turned away and headed out the door.

Arocraes

The guests at the inn grew silent after witnessing the scene. Ares took one final sip as he smiled as he watched the woman leave. She won't budge. How impressive. he thought. Ares turned his attention to the bartender. "So, what do you know about this mysterious master?" he asked as he began to interrogate a new victim.

visualspice

"Just that he's been sick," was all the bartender would answer. After all, he wasn't a man to give out any explicit information for free.

Arocraes

Ares chuckled softly, waiting for the bartender to place his hand on the bar before him. When he did, Ares stuck a knife through his hand with several guests as witnesses. "I'll ask again. Do you know anything?" Ares said with a smug grin.

visualspice

At the knife, the man howled wildly, his free arm smashing drinks away as he wildly tried to grab at Ares's coat.
"What are you insane?" the man choked out, shaking from the pain as hot blood seeped from his hand and pain continued to shoot up to the whole of his arm.

Arocraes

Ares laughed. "That's not an answer I want" he said as he began to pour a nearby drink over the man's hand. "Now tell the truth before I cut it off" he continued, referring to the hand.

visualspice

The bartender panicked.
"I only know that he hasn't been seen in the city since he took ill! Even some of his servants claim they have yet to see him! It is rumored.. ahhh! Rumored that he, he might be on his d-death bed!"

Arocraes

Ares' face lit up. "Where does he usually stay" Ares replied as he twisted the knife. In the background he could hear people alerting town guards, so Ares decided this would be his final question. He couldn't kill the man with so many witnesses, so he planned to let him free. "Now be a good boy, we're almost done here" Ares continued as he brought out a heavy pouch filled with gold, well more than the cost of his tab, and perhaps several weeks rent of a room.

visualspice

Shaking and sweating, the bar tender gargled back,
"Hamnuhp'shet! That is the place he calls his home! To the West of here! A great manor of ivory colored stone! It can't be missed! His gates possess two mighty sculptures of dragons, and a small orchard visible from the road!"

Arocraes

Ares chuckled in amusement. "Good boy" he said as he licked some of the blood off the man's hand. He got up and winked at the man, and headed to the back of the inn, hoping for an exit to be there. Once outside, he hid among crates in a nearby alley waiting for the surrounding area to be clear of guards. I shouldn't head to the manor just yet he thought, knowing it should be well protected--especially if she was there.

Ares retired home once the area was clear of potential guards and conflict. Staring up at the cloudy night sky above as he walked home, he thought out his plan to infiltrate the house. "If the rumors are true, the master himself should pose no threat" he said to himself. "I should go once that...woman is off elsewhere in the city." He bit his tongue when wanting to refer to the woman with harsher names. He did not know why, as his words would fade into the wind regardless, but for some reason he somewhat rather respected her. Well, at least he did not care for her enough to hate her--yet.

visualspice

And he would find it quite difficult for the Red Sun to leave her master's home. With no battle's schedule she had no reason to and if one were to inquire, they'd be sure to let those know that the Red Sun is watching over their ailing master.

Her dead master....
REd Sun stared down at the corpse with a frown. Cassius had left in the night, leaving her with no other scape goat and a quick way to losing her head. She could never figure Cassius out, and hoped that night of union weeks back would not lead to more unfavorable regrets.

But Karime was still as dead as ever, and she- quickly running out of time and excuses. She needed another rouse...
Or if she wanted to live through all of this...
A way out.

Arocraes

At dawn of the next morning, Ares searched for the The Red Sun's master's manor, following the directions forced out of the bartender. In his satchel he carried extra combative and evasive items should he be caught--which wasn't unlikely since he would be infiltrating the mansion as the sun rose.

Upon seeing the ivory colored house with dragon sculptures, Ares headed straight for a stray bush in the master's orchard. I'll have to scout the area first he thought. The light from the sun beaming down on the earth was gradually increasing in its intensity, providing Ares with better vision but also a harder time being stealthy. "I need to see if she's here" Ares whispered to himself.

visualspice

As if on cue, the red haired woman stepped out into the garden. She was dressed as she always was, garb scantily dressing her, and always a weapon hooked at her hip. But something about the way she moved through the gardens seemed unnatural. It was as if the strong woman from the arena was looking over her shoulder...
An action that seemed to propose she was moving around carefully guarded....
And worry someone might be watching.

Arocraes

Ares smirked upon seeing the woman, not noticing her cautious gait. He reached into his satchel, his hand rummaging through various items and trinkets. Upon finding what he was looking for his face lit up.

Ares pulled out a small tube and a dart. The dart was laced with a poison that causes its victim to fall asleep. Once it is mixed with the bloodstream, the effects take a while to kick in. If he wanted an immediate reaction, he would need to aim somewhere with a lot of blood flow; like her neck.

This was his one chance. If he failed it might mean his life. He took aim for the woman's neck as she walked nearer, and shot the dart aiming for her jugular.

visualspice

She heard the dart, and moved enough so that it missed her neck, but ended up striking her shoulder. Realizing what had been done, she ripped the dart off and growled,
"Show yourself!" And she yanked out her blade while her eyes cleaved through the area.

Arocraes

Ares grunted in disappointment, which turned into a soft chuckle in amusement. There was no point in hiding anymore. If he ran he would be caught, if he hid he would be caught. The only thing that could make a difference in whether he would be able to keep his head was his tongue.

"Show myself? Why, we hardly know each other" Ares joked as he stood up from the bush with his hands in the air. "At least you could buy me a drink first, love."