Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

As the Sun Rises in Summervale (Zer0ic)

Started by eCCioE, October 05, 2013, 01:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eCCioE

"Um... Alright." Elena looked at her hand, looking, if something happens. She tried to focus on fire, rage and on whatever else. But nothing happened. But like she knew, if first you don't succeed, continue trying until you do. It was an old quote. Her mother always told her this, but at the current time, she had forgot to do so. She gave up too easily. She fought, tried, but finally, she gave up. A few years ago, she never gave up. Never.

Elena breathed in and tried to feel angry. She remembered all the things that made her furious. The man, a few situations that happened some days ago... And finally, she sensed some heat forming in her hand. It didn't become fire, but it was so close to it. It was more than heating up her own body. There was heat outside her body. It was on his hand. It didn't exactly touch her skin, more like levitated over there.

And even though Elena didn't succeed at creating fire, she was satisfied. But, of course, she had used much energy to do it and she became really tired. Not the same type of tired you feel when you want to sleep. She felt like she was tired of living. Maybe she had used more energy than she had?

"Thank you..." she whispered softly.

Zer0ic

"You're welcome." Dovan smile at her as a job well done.

"Change of plans, I am not going to sell you," he told her. "You remind me of how I was. So, I'd like you to join me and become my apprentice," he said curiously.

He touched her and sent a large portion of energy into her body. "If you chose to join me you will not be an assassin, unless you want to, and I promise to drop the job of capturing your mother."

He could see him raising the greatest mage that ever lived. She could do the good he wished to do with his life. If only he still had a life. She would be the one to change the world of magic. His name could go down in history as the one who trained a legend.

"So, what do you say Elena?" Dovan still had his smile on.

eCCioE

"I..." Elena said and thought a bit. "Yes." She liked the Madame Alerva life, but now she understood, that her life needed adventure, problems, fun stuff. That's what she had never had before. Now she had the chance and so she decided to become the man's apprentice. She was still so tired, that she didn't shout or jump around the place or whatever happy people do. She smiled.

"But... What is your name?" Marianne asked a bit later, after a few moments of silence. She didn't even know the assassin's name. Actually, she know almost nothing about him. She had heard some stuff about the man's history, but not else.

Zer0ic

"I am Dovanthis Arynkhun. Please, call me Dovan," he answered.

Now, he began contemplating what their next objective would be and said, "Elena, we are going to the client. I would like you to pretend to be my captive when we reach him. Then, you can question him, but we must rid the world of him. I'll handle that part."

The location the client was at was in some cave on the coast of Summervale. This was going to be somewhat fun at least. He had a companion and was going to kill his client. And, make sure he collects the other half of his fee.

eCCioE

"Alright, Dovan, but I need to rest a little. I believe I used too much magic," Elena said as she nodded. The morning had been so adventurous and crazy, that she needed some time to rest. Maybe then she could help the assassin, her new master.

"I don't know, what you do, but I want to sleep for an hour," Marianne said and walked towards a tree. The place seemed good enough to sleep at. Seemed. She didn't know, what could happen when she sleeps there. There might be giant spiders or poisonous bees or whatever.

Zer0ic

Dovan waited for his student to rest up. After all, she did give everything into making a fireball.  "Take a nap. I'll be standing guard," he said.

Time passed by slowly and the wind pick up. Soon clouds rolled in over them. Dovan decided it was time to wake her before the rain does. "Let's get a move on," he informed her while shaking her to wake her up.

"We don't have much time before rain starts to fall. If you don't like getting wet, we need to move to the next town quickly." Dovan stuck his hand out to help her up.

eCCioE

Elena fell asleep as she lied on the ground. She didn't have a dream. Or at least she didn't remember having one. Maybe she didn't fall so deeply asleep that she would've seen one? The time just passed and it seemed like at one moment, Elena fell asleep and at the second moment, Dovan woke her up.

She was really confused and sleepy when she woke up. "What? Rain?" she asked, looked to the sky and nodded. It took some time to recover from the nap, but finally, the woman took Dovan's hand and stood up. "How far do we have to go?"

Zer0ic

"I'd say about five or six miles do east," he answered.

He took off with a quick pace and pulled her along. "We need to move out now. Lightning is gathering in the clouds." This wasn't good. It was a magical storm, meaning someone was planning on controlling the lightning strikes.

"Quick, we need to move fast," he said continuing to pull her. This is not the time to be slow and they were currently in serious danger. And who ever was casting this spell was immensely powerful.

eCCioE

"Okay..." Elena answered while following his new master. Five miles... or even six... She wasn't sure, if she can run that far without stopping. After all, she wasn't a marathon runner. But she had to try. The storm looked really dangerous and like Dovan said, lightning gathered in the clouds. As Elena had understood, lightning was the hardest elemental magic. Of course she wasn't able to do anything with it... Okay, yes, she could. She could kill herself with the lightning.

"So... Is it possible to form a protective shield around us?" She asked a bit later.

Zer0ic

He thought about it. She was right. A good defense would be perfect right now. He could just turn himself into smoke, but she'd be killed. Then, it came to him. "Give me something metal, anything made of iron or steel preferable," he quickly replied.

Shit, neither of them had metal of any kind. He needed to rethink and re-plan. He had an idea to save her. Actually, it was more like she could save herself. "Can you use earth magic? If so, can you use it to locate metal underground and pull the metal to the surface?"

eCCioE

"Well, yes, I can," Elena said and smiled. "I don't know, if I can pull the metal from really far, but I'll see, what I can do." Then she hit the ground with one of his legs and it released a seismic wave, meaning, that a small earthquake happened. But it was really small.

"I found something. A buried sword or something like that." She started pulling it towards herself, but it didn't come closer. It stayed in one place and not a single piece of dirt had moved. She sighed and decided to push it out. Again, she hit the ground with her leg and suddenly, a sword flew out of the ground. It had been pretty near, actually.

Zer0ic

Dovan froze the sword 50 feet into the air, making an ice tower with a blade at the top. "With a lightning rod we should be safe. Now, for good measure can you make a bunk with your earth magic?"

He could sense a mage nearby. The caster's scent was down wind and meant he or she was at their North flank. After taking a second inhale of air he could tell it was a familiar woman. Once more he took in the air and discovered the mage was the Necromancer.

He knew the Necromancer didn't want him dead. She wanted Elena dead, but why? What did she want from him? She resurrected him without giving him propose as to why she brought him back to life. She seemed to need him for something, but what? What could she possibly need from him she couldn't get elsewhere?

He shook his head and began to inform Elena.  "Forget the bunk. She is here," he said pointing to a woman standing just outside of the forest line. "Be careful, your death is her objective. She gets jealous when I work with others and not her," he said sarcastically.

eCCioE

"I can fight too..." Elena said, looking at the woman. She didn't see her quite well, but the woman seemed to be a really Gothic person. Maybe she was a necromancer or something? Then Elena turned her head to the ground and looked for a branch. Even a small, little one could help. She saw one and decided to take it, so she bowed down and took the wood.

"I have a plan."

Zer0ic

The Necromancer vanished and appeared right in front of Elena as she began to stand up with the branch in her hands. "You, what do you want with my play toy," she asked, referring to Dovan.

Now in her face, Elena could tell she was correct. The Necromancer had on a black with blood red trimmed robes and a black cloak, giving her a gothic appearance and she was a beautiful blonde hair, blued eyed witch. "What do you want with my man," the Necromancer said, rewording her question.

Dovan got in between them and said, "Leave her out of this."

She glared at Dovan and put a wicked grin on. "Anyways, what is your plan dear? I am curious what you plan on doing with a simple piece of wood," she asked with a giggle.

eCCioE

As Elena stood up with the branch, she was scared by the suddenly appeared woman. She stepped back and held the branch in front of her like protection, but it is known, that a small piece of wood can't hold a Necromancer back.

"What do you want? I am just a student of Dovan," she said while stepping backwards again. Her plans couldn't work out anymore. The woman came to them faster than she had thought and now she couldn't do anything she had planned. She had to improvise.

Zer0ic

"A student?" The necromancer looked confused. She was trying to wrap her brain around the fact he took on a student. It wasn't like him. Did he remember anything of his past finally?

"How is my pet doing anyways," she asked Dovan.

"I'm fine. Are you going to tell me your name yet? It's been over a decade and you still haven't told me your name." Dovan has wondered his conjurer's name since his resurrection. "Never mind, I'll just kill you today."

She giggled again and said, "You know as well as I do. I am only weak to fire and that's why I sealed it from you."

"But not her," Dovan said, trying to hint to Elena it was now or never to strike her with fire.

eCCioE

Elena looked at the situation, being a bit confused and worried. But she had to do something. She heard the discussion and understood, what is going on. she understood, why Dovan became her master. He wanted to get rid of the Necromancer.

So the Madame Alerva stepped closer to the Necromancer, tried to become as angry as possible and then touched the woman. A flame formed in the hand of Elena and it quickly spread to the clothes of the Necromancer.

Zer0ic

The Necromancer was surprised. She quickly put out the flames by causing he storm to rain instead of using it to cast lightning, but it didn't stop the flames fast enough as it burned most of her attire. "You little bitch," she screamed furiously and half nakedly.

"You look better with flames upon you," said Dovan.

She growled and generated lightning in her hand and casts it at Elena, but she forget they have made a lightning rod and her spell travel straight to the iced sword. Her anger just grew vastly after missing. "I am going to kill you! Die," she continued yelling.

The Necromancer began to channel flames in her hands in order to blast the hell out of Elena. She even started to giggle madly as she prepared her spell.

Dovan watched in horror as Elena was about to be incinerated and casts an ice wall to protect her, but the flames were to strong and easily passed through the wall of ice.

eCCioE

Now Elena was in serious danger. She felt the heat of the fire that Necromancer made and she understood, that elemental magic is not enough. She had to do something she had been scared to do. She had to use the magic her mother, the Alerva Queen used.

Though the Necromancer sent a blast of fire towards Elena, she still saw the woman's eyes and decided to do it. She looked at the eyes of the Necromancer really confidently. Her mother had taught Elena, that looking at another person's eye without blinking or looking away can put the person in serious pain. And that's what Elena tried to achieve. It needed a lot of concentration and focus, but it was the only way to damage the woman.

Zer0ic

"What is this pain I feel all over my body," the Necromancer had thought. Her flames kissed Elena's face and nothing else. She closed her eyes as the pain intensified, but it stopped as soon as she closed her eyes.

"What was that," both Dovan and the Necromancer questioned at the same time.

Dovanthis was glad she survived and he wanted to understand, learn, and be able to use the technique his young apprentice had used. "I need to obtain that move," he thought.

The Necromancer raised her hands and two skeletons crawled out of the ground. "You will die today. And I will not allow you to be summoned afterwards," she said with a maddening grimace and sent them to attack.