Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

As the Sun Rises in Summervale (Zer0ic)

Started by eCCioE, October 05, 2013, 01:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eCCioE

Elena was happy that the spell worked, but after the Necromancer closed her eyes, she fell down and became tired again. But she had to do something to win the stupid woman. "What do you want from Dovan?" she asked as she stood up. She had gained enough courage from the fight and success in her abilities, that now she felt they could even win the Necromancer.

The skeletons rose and Elena started feeling a bit worried. Of course she new Necromancers can summon dead people, but she didn't expect it. Death was the opposite of Life, so maybe summoning animals could help? Well, Elena didn't know how to summon animals. She had only learned elemental magic and some necromancy, but not life force spells.

Zer0ic

Dovan dived in and took out the skeletons with two icy blades he created. "She hasn't answered that for me and I'm sure she won't do the same for you."

"Listen to your master," the Necromancer said licking her lips deviously. "Now, for something stronger," she said lifting her hands. A fiery portal appeared and out walked a centaur demon-like creature. "You can't handle this one bitch. So long as I keep Dovan busy," she told Elena and darted at Dovan to battle him.

With Dovan busy and a crazy four-legged demon charging at her with a flaming great sword, what was she to do?

eCCioE

Marianne didn't know what to do. The situation made her confused. The Necromancer was really strong and it made Marianne lose her confidence. She quickly thought, if she knew a spell that could help her. Well, elemental magic was too weak against Death, so she automatically excluded it. Maybe she could inflict pain on more than one person, without eye contact? She knew it's really hard, but had to try.

Madame Alerva took all of her energy and focused on the one spell. She did it so hard, that she became blind. Well, not actually, but she just didn't concentrate on what she sees. It gave her even more energy and finally, she tried inflicting pain on everyone, including Dovan and herself. She didn't look at anyone's eye and hoped that she succeeds. At least she felt pain on herself.

Zer0ic

Her spell worked extremely well with one exception, the demon. His blade flew down at her, but Dovan stoically rushed to her rescue and deflected the attack. The Necromancer was just like Elena. They both were on their knees in extreme pain, but Elena's eyes began to bleed the spell was so powerful.

The pain began to intensify to the point Dovan could not long stand the pain. It seemed she had no control and wasn't going to stop until they were all dead. So, Dovan decide to break her concentration by sending an ice spike into her shoulder, a location he could guarantee her survival.

The pain stopped and they were all crawling on the ground. Dovan grew even more determine to start a study on this technique of hers. He looked over at the Necromancer to see if she was dead, praying she was dead.

"That bitch. How can she cause so much pain? I need to get out of here," thought the Necromancer as she opened a portal and crawled into it.

eCCioE

Elena stopped the infliction as the ice spike flew against her. She fell down and wiped the blood from her face. She used too much energy again. So now she knew, that being tired of life is the first step to magical suicide and the second one is bleeding.

"Are you okay?" she whispered, hoping, that everything is fine. She wasn't fine, of course, but she had learned to be extremely selfless. And she was used to it.

Zer0ic

Dovan got up and dashed to his young apprentice. "You did well," he said while pulling out a red dragon mask and put it on.

This mask was special as it belongs to the 1st Arynkhun Dragon Elder and it allowed the wearer to channel great amounts of primal energy. He then started to heal her with primal energies. "How did you do that? What was that move," he questioned her, continuing to heal her wound.

eCCioE

"My mother... she says that magic is bad, but actually, she uses dark magics, Necromancy, Primal magic..." Elena answered and sighed. "She has taught me to inflict pain on people with making a really strong eye contact on them." She looked at Dovan and smiled.

"Thank you for healing me!" she said and closed her eyes. "Do we still have to go there?"

Zer0ic

"No, but not taking care of the client and keeping his money he paid me up front could cost us. He might send someone after us," he said stroking her hair. It was an attempt to comfort her.

"Are you prepared for that? A life on the run could be a torturous journey," Dovan said with a reassuring stroke to her head.

His mind was on learning the eye technique. He wanted to have that power so badly. It seemed to be an option to killing the Necromancer without needing fire magic. His began to get greedy thoughts and one was to just killing the girl. So he could examine her body thoroughly in order to figure out how she preformed the move.

eCCioE

"Alright... We should go there. I believe I am ready to move on," Elena said as she stood up. "We shall see the client." She wiped away a few leaves from her body and then looked at Dovan. "Can the client use magic?"

She was really interested in learning the magic. And she sensed, that Dovan wanted to learn the pain infliction technique. The woman really hoped her mother doesn't become furious. The Queen Alerva had a reason to be angry. She had lost her heir who has decided to learn magic.

Zer0ic

"Well, let's rent some rooms at an inn in the next town," Dovan said.

About a half an hour later they made it into town and went straight to the nearest local inn. Dovan walk up to the innkeeper and asked for two rooms. He noticed the inn was lively and filled with people, unlike the town itself.

"I'd have you know I only have one room available sir," replied the old innkeeper as he wiped down a table.

"Then could you point us to the next inn," Dovan asked.

"Sir, this is the only inn in town."

"Great, do you mind sharing a bed," he ask Elena. It made him a little uncomfortable to ask, but no way in hell was he going to sleep on the floor. He was a gentleman, yet he also took care of himself.

eCCioE

As the two reached the town, she looked around, trying to understand, how good was the life of this town's people. There weren't many people and the one she saw were pretty normal, so she assumed they are mid-class people.

Later, when they were in the inn, she didn't focus on the discussion the innkeeper and Dovan had. She analyzed people in the inn. Tourists... she thought. There weren't many towns she had seen, but none of them were favoured by tourists. This one didn't seem different from other towns, but tourists liked it. And it didn't seem logical. At least to Elena.

"Alright... I guess we'll have to sleep in one bed," Elena said, not even listening to Davon. She didn't think about it because an old woman had got her attention. The woman sat in a corner of the inn's hall. She was like any other old woman, but that made her so odd. The corner was surrounded by darkness. It wasn't very dark. Just a bit darker than the rest of the room.

Zer0ic

"Alright, looks like you got yourself a deal," Dovan said handing over some gold coin.

He took a seat at the newly clean table the innkeeper made and let Elena wonder within the inn. Ordering a glass of water and a half loaf of bread, he noticed she couldn't take her eyes off of this old woman sitting alone in the inn's darkest corner.

"Elena, sit. Order something," he said trying to get her attention, but to no avail. She wouldn't quit staring at the hag.

"Elena," he started, "Sit down and eat something. You need to recover yourself for tomorrow we'll meet up with the client," he told her. Still nothing, he just pulled her down into the chair next to him. "What is wrong with you right now?"

eCCioE

"The... woman." Elena still looked at the woman, but sat down and thought about what to order. Well, she could get some bread or a cake. And maybe drink some water or even ale.

"So what was up with the Necromancer? You seemed to have some unsettled business or something?" she finally turned her eyes away from the woman. She ordered some ale and bread. Some might think it was a bit weird that a woman would drink something like that, but she liked it. She wasn't a drunkard, who drank alcohol 24 hours a day. But sometimes, she just wanted something more than just water or juice.

Zer0ic

"I am someone she resurrected and I believe she stole my memories like she sealed my fire magic away," he said in a serious tone.

"She has been keeping an eye on me since she gave me another chance at life, 13 years ago. I want her dead. I think it is unnatural I am alive and I know if you kill a necromancer all there summons much return from which they came." Dovan sipped on his water, cleared his throat, and continued with, "She still looks the way I first met her."

"Anyways, what is up with you holding that hag in your gaze just a second ago?"

eCCioE

"I am not sure. She seems so strange, odd," Elena commented. The old woman in the corner stood up and started walking closer to Elena and Dovan. She used a walking stick to walk and that made her really vulnerable. Madame Alerva just felt like she had to be protected.

"But don't you fear death? I mean, do you really want to destroy the Necromancer?" she asked, changing the topic again.

Zer0ic

"I've never feared death. Not exactly, if she could provide me with a good reason for giving me another chance I'll happily let it go," he answer.

"Strange?" Dovanthis looked at the hag and noticed hobbling this way. "What gives you that impression? She looks harmless." He then bit into his loaf and swallowed it down with water.

eCCioE

"Alright... If you think so..." Elena replied and took a sip of her drink."But I think the woman looks so weak, so vulnerable. She needs protection. I may sound a bit weird now, but that's what I think." The woman came closer and closer and the darkness came with her.

"Hello, my children!" the woman said like all of the old people. Elena was so tired of all the "my children" old people say.

Zer0ic

Dovan simply ignored the old hag and said, "Elena, continue with what you where saying." He had no intention in giving the old woman his time of day. She was beneath him to acknowledge as he found it disrespectful she called him a child.

Dovanthis waited for Elena to answer him by taking another bite into his loaf. She seemed annoyed by the hag's comment as well. He hated disrespect, no matter the age there was no excuse for it in his mind.

eCCioE

"Yes, hello!" Elena said, but she noticed, that Dovan didn't want to talk with the woman, so she stopped talking with her.

"But really, there is so much you could do. You might even get your memories back. I am not trying to change your opinion. It's your choice, after all, but I would like to see you living," she told to her master. She took a sip of her drink and took a bite of bread.

Zer0ic

Dovan felt wanted. A feeling he had felt since he was a teenager. Wait he just remember something else, but he stilled didn't know who it was he loved. That fact depressed him. "I appreciate the kind words, but my life shouldn't be here. You shouldn't have been involved with me. And the people I kill shouldn't have..." He was distracted by the hag's breathing down his neck.

"Yes, can we help you?" He was in no mood to deal with her, but he couldn't take it, her stand over his shoulder.