Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Noble in search of love [Romance][Sil]

Started by Lloyd Orodelo, August 10, 2014, 05:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Orodelo

Holding loosely the leach of his steed in one hand, Thomas ran his hand through his hair while looking at Aluria. A small grin appeared on his face. "I'll show you when we will reach the beach, I don't want anyone else then you to see it, I made some enemies over the years. Secrets aren't supposed to cross the gate of my land, just so you know. Order of Lilicka."

As he pronounced his sister's name, a small blush appeared on his cheek and he sighed. When he realized what just happened, Thomas quickly shook his head and ran his hand in his hair again.

SilmeriaElemred

''Enemies? Seriously?'' Aluria asked. Sounding very suprised by that. ''But do not worry I will not speak of anything to anyone about my visit other then the most rough details that it would seem that it was nothing more then a dull business visit involving you wanting to purchase special Woonelf woven cloth.'' she said with a wink.

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas answered to Aluria with a wink of his own. "I'm sorry but you'll have to stick to that story, no bragging will be allowed. I don't want something bad happening to you because of me."

As he finished speaking, the couple of horses arrived at the beach. The sky and sea were the same color, making Thomas wonder what it would be like to explore the end of the world. The sand of the beach was purely white, like snow. The sound of the gulls and waves crashing on the bank, the salt I the hair... Everything on this beach was making Thomas remember his childhood, when he used to play with his sister. "Lilicka..." He whispered.

Thomas dismounted Sage and guided Winter as well toward a dried tree stump. He only hug the leads on a branch and helped Aluria dismounted her steed.

SilmeriaElemred

After she had dismounted Winter Aluria closed her eyes. The seawinds making her black hair dance and stand out at the blue sky and white beach. ''I remember the scent of the sea... it feels so free'' she said dreamingly

''Also. No need to worry. I can protect myself rather well and become scary if I have too.'' she assured him as she opened her eyes. A smile of enjoyment on her face before she took Thomas's hand and ran with him towards the water until they were in ankle deep. It was there she put her hands by her mouth. ''U-RE-I-AAAA!'' she called and giggled. it meant ocean in her own language and was simply something she did when she was a kid.

Lloyd Orodelo

Curtis giggle with her. He soaked his left hand in the salt water and ran ifmt through his hair, finally managing to keep the revel strands of hair stay out of his face. Admiring the horizon, Thomas raised his hand and gestured in mid air in front of him.

"One of the tricks I learned from your people." He said mysteriously.

The water at his feet, started shimmering. After a few second, from the shiner rose a bunch of butterflies in all the rainbow colors. They flew around Aluria and Thomas, one even landed on her hair and another on her hand.

SilmeriaElemred

A delighted laugh escaped her lips and she started to do a bit of a twirly dance between the butterflies. She loved illusions like this. They brought smiles on faces although it was kid stuff. She created some illusions of herself as well formed by various flowers washing on the beach and releasing small fairies and fairy dragons as they opened

She seemed so carefree without a worry in the world like this.

Lloyd Orodelo

As Thomas was preparing another spell. A whistle could be heard around them. The whistle was followed by a few more. Thomas looked around and an arrow simply dug it's way in the sand in from of him.

"Aluria, take cover behind me!" He said to her "Seems like we aren't alone."

As he said so, a rather fat man came out of the bushes that were growing on the beach. He was followed by three more. The fat one was clearly their leader.  He clearly had an Irish accent. "Hahaha! Thomas Heinfield!" Started to laugh the ugly man, "I told you not to come out your castle again, or I would burry an arrow deep inside your skull!"

"I can see that your aim improved, Jonas! Maybe a few more years of practicing on poor kitten and puppies will make you finally hit my toes!" Answered Thomas, fire burning inside his eyes. Unseating his rapier, Thomas faked a laugh. That Jonas clearly bought.

"It's over lord Heinfiled, I've grown tired of your continuous departure, my people need a landlord who will be able to keep things together! And from what I can tell you are non-stop traveling instead of working with us!"

"It's because my sister is taking of things better then I, if you want to complain to her... Maybe you should try to get an audience!" Yelled Thomas with a laugh, a real one this time.

SilmeriaElemred

Aluria had taken cover behind Thomas as he told her. Jonas. She heard the name before somewhere but could not recall. She picked an arrow before taking a step aside. Sortoff anyway. After all they were armed and she had no weapons on her herself.

''For your information, Lord Heinfield and I have actually been discussing business about a trade of goods from my people. We worked very hard and he wanted to show me around a little before we resume. You may want to consider that before judging quietly in the bushes like some, no offense, a frightened schoolgirl.'' she spoke calmly and moved the arrow between her fingers. The calm attitude was perhaps something that gave her a bit of a darker aura as well.

''If you were truely a worthy man you would have been here alone. Or actually not disturbing us at all. If you have issues, write them in a neat letter. If you are not alone in this, set up the letter with others requesting an audience without suddenly firing arrows at two people conversing.'' she threw the arrow on the sand. Buying a little time with conversing was not bad.

''Also... by firing these arrows you actually attacked a Moonelf priestess. My own guards are not really fond of that. They are waiting on my command or one of you even making the slightest of a wrong move. And you will hit the ground before even making it.''

Lloyd Orodelo

Jonas stared at the elf with his tiny pig eyes. "And who are you, miss pointy ears? Do you really think you could tell me what to do? ... " he listened to what Aluria said about her status. "Oy, boys! Look at this! Master hein girls is having a nook for little pointy things with a frail built!" They all laughed. "Sorry miss, I never thought you were SO important!" He bowed with exaggeration.

Thomas had enough. "Jonas! Stop it right now! It's something that is between you and I and no one else! If there is a grudge and that you chose to settle it with violence, then fine! But leave the lady alone!"

He whipped the air with his sword, while walking towards the fat man. "Draw your sword Jonas, and settle everything with me... NOW!" Yelled Thomas.

SilmeriaElemred

''Fenrir..'' Aluria whispered with a firm look on her face which was directed behind the men. Ignoring the insults. A large black wolf bared its large sharp teeth with a deep growl. Was it an illusion? With the shadow, pawprints and the sounds it made it would be a very convincing one.

Was it a mistake of her to say something? Should she have stayed behind Thomas? ''Looks like a dual is inevitable...'' she muttered to herself. ''Since that is the case it should be an honest one. Keep the others down Fenrir. Do not wound or kill them''

The wolf growled again and leapt to the first man with a bark snapping in the clothes before leaping to the second. throwing the first against him before he went to the third. Laying them half over one another before laying on top of them like a dog. Indicating that the beast was actually no illusion.

Other then this, Aluria thought she actually should not do anything else.

Lloyd Orodelo

Jonas finally drew his own sword, a very long rapier. "I'll cut you to pieces, Hienfield!" He yelled as he sent an assault.

Thomas dodged it with ease, sending a hit with the flat of his blade in the back of the culprit. "Too slow, Jonas! I could've killed you right now and right here, but I won't unless you force me to!"

Jonas' face was distorted with hatred and his eyes were blinded with anger. "Just wait until I spill your guts on the sand!" He said while sending a high downward slash to Thomas elbow. Thomas blocked the assault without any difficulty.

"Come on, Jonas, you can do better then that!" Said Thomas while reaching for his dagger hidden in his boot.

SilmeriaElemred

Aluria said not a word. Instead she had her hands together. Like a prayer. ''Lunaria... Solos... please let no harm befall on Thomas... and may death not come here today'' she pleaded in her mind. Fenrir stood ready however to move from his spot.

It was not that Aluria doubted Thomas' skill. But Jonas seemed like a person who would sneak his way to victory. And she felt as well that this was something she should not interfer with.

Lloyd Orodelo

The sound of the steel over the crashing waves of the sea, the smell of fear and sweat mixed with the salty mist that was slowly rising. Everything around them was setting the battleground.

"See that, 'lord' Heinfield? Even the gods don't want to see whats going to happen!" Yelled Jonas,  swinging his sword close to Thomas face, who just escaped the hit by moving his torso backward.

"I understand them, I'm about to end you once and for all!" Said Thomas, fire burning in his eye.  Usually he looked so calm and composed, now he looked totally different, like a wolf hunting his prey.

SilmeriaElemred

''.. Bless Thomas' sword with your radiant light of your hearts...'' she continued the prayer in thought and her eyes were closed. Would a fatal blow fall she did not want to see it. What was the point to this fight anyway. Jonas' words had not harmed or insulted her. But the fact that they shot arrows without warning... was this not all wrong? Had it been a mistake coming here perhaps? No. It was just a bad turn on events. She opened her eyes. Actually suprised Jonas had not fallen and rollen downwards to the water. Or got some sort of seisure due his size.

''..Solos... blind him through Thomas' blade..'' she thought. She knew though that her Gods rarely answered the prayers if at all. Or it was more the actual fact her people did not rely on their gods to much. But for now she hoped that her words were heard.

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas skillfully dodged and skipped around Jonas, waiting for an opening to strike. "You can't run away forever, scumbag!" said the fat man.

"I could do this all day, Jonas!..."

Through the mist, a single ray of light pierced and stroke Thomas blade, making is refract the light and set the air around it look like it was on fire. Thomas raised his sword and sent a a horizontal swing of his blade toward Jonas face.

Blood was drawn and a head rolled.

"...The thing is, I don't have all day!"

SilmeriaElemred

She had turned away but still could hear the head fall on the sand. She trembled but was not sure why. It was not fear. It was simply that she hated death or actually, killing.

Fenrir got up and took a few steps to Aluria. ''I'm fine... Fenrir...'' she said silently.
The wolf hearing the other men getting up turned around and bared his fangs.

She took a deep breath. ''What will have to be done with them?'' she asked Thomas

Lloyd Orodelo

"I'll get the militia to feed him to the pigs... He isn't worthy of a proper burial... He tried to murder my whole family one day. And tried again last time I was travelling! Remember the wound you healed yesterday? It was him... I was sure I removed one of his hands last time we fought."

A sad and grim look on his face, Thomas stumbled to the sea, walking until the water reached half of his calf, then fell on his knees. He dropped the sword he was holding and started to cry. "Why did I had to do that?..." He whispered in a broken voice. After a few minutes of crying, he walked out of the water and went towards the bushes and vomit.

He walked back to the water and sat in it, letting the sea wash him as the tide rose slowly.

SilmeriaElemred

''He was a horrible person... it may not seem like it now but... I am sure that if it had not happened he would have hurt more people.'' she dropped on her knees behind him placing one hand on his forhead. ''and your blade shone with the radiance of the sun. What is done is done and can not be reversed. We can only hope it never has to be like that again.'' she put her other arm under his so she could place it on his chest.

Lloyd Orodelo

He felt her hand on his head and the other one on his torso. Thomas even grabbed the hand she was resting on his chest and held it gently. "I hope already... And I pray for his soul to meet with whom he was praying."

He remained silent, listening to the soothing sound of the waves and the cries of the seagulls. He wasn't able to think about anything... else then the face Jonas did when he felt the blade penetrate in the flesh of his neck. Thomas was nauseous but his stomach was empty. "Aluria.... I'm sorry..."

SilmeriaElemred

''It's alright.'' she whispered. ''Like I said. It may be bad now but I'm sure it prevented something worse.'' she used the hand on his head to gently brush through his hair.

''What about us..'' one of the other men grunted. ''Get this wolf off us.''

''Just be glad he has not yet snapped off your necks which he would have if I had not stopped him.'' she replied to them with an expression to them that made them actually whimper a little.

Raising his voice though caused Fenrir to growl aggresivly but did not do anything. He did get off them eventually walking around them a few times before barking enthousiastic.

''What do you wish for us to see Fenrir...'' Aluria asked as she looked in the wolf's direction noticing the creature lifted his paw and emptied his bladder over the three now whining men.