Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Noble in search of love [Romance][Sil]

Started by Lloyd Orodelo, August 10, 2014, 05:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas looked over his shoulder, just him time to see Fenrir pee on the henchmen. A weak smile formed on his face, his eyes got their usual sparkling back. He approached Aluria's hand from his lips and dropped a kiss on them. Standing up again, he picked up his sword and proposed his hand to Aluria to help her stand up.

"Let's go home, enough emotions for one day... Don't you think?"

SilmeriaElemred

Aluria nodded and accepted his hand. ''We should re-do this again though. ok?'' she asked as she got on her feet. She could not help but to chuckle at Fenrirs actions especially as he like a spoiled cat dug some sand over them. It was not until now though she noticed something was wrapped around his neck and called the Wolf over whom tailwagging aproached.

Around his neck was a woven scarf holding a type of package which Aluria took. A box with what seemed a letter. ''Blaze?'' she asked regocnising the handwriting and opened the letter.

After reading it she smiled. ''He sends his regards... and something in case the weather gets poor.'' she opened the box revealing several shimmering jewels that looked like pure starlight.

Lloyd Orodelo

"Yes and next time, I hope we will be alone. I want to share this place with you and only you, Aluria." He said distracted by the sound of her laugh.

He walked around and took Jonas head with disgust and went to the horses. He took a random bag and stuffed the head inside. He spat on the ground next to the bush Jonas came out from and came back to Aluria.

"Who is Blaze?" He asked before noticing the jewels. "Wow, they are wonderful! What are they?" He asked, his eyes locked in the glimmer they emitted.

SilmeriaElemred

''Blaze is my older brother. As for these crystals, we use them to store sun and moonlight. If our body runs out of the energy we get from the sun and moon we die. And sometimes when it is to cloudy it is to hard to get that precious light. These gems can store the energy as well and we use them when we need the energy.'' Aluria explained before looking at Fenrir. The letter could not gave arriced yet.''Blaze must have figured I would stay a little longer.''

Lloyd Orodelo

"We should hit the road tomorrow, to get you where you belong. I'll come with you, I got to see your village, and being with you fills me with peace." He said to her, dragging her into a warm embrace. He held her like that for a couple of minutes before sliding his finger from the base of her ear, following her jaw line. He then bent his neck slightly to kiss her.

SilmeriaElemred

Tomorrow? Wasn't she supposed to stay a little longer? Or was it because of Jonas. Were there more people like him? She could not think about it longer as she felt Thomas's lips against hers.

The box falling from her hands into the sand causing the crystals to make a gentle sound. She was not sure what it was. Or perhaps she did and did not want to admit it. But this kind of affection... she had not known it before. Her eyes closed bebfore she gave in to what she felt and answered the kiss

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas broke the kiss first, after a couple of minutes of it. He had a small blush on his face and a rather stupid look. He kneeled and gathered what Aluria had let go of. "We should get home before we get attacked by someone else, even though I don't think anyone will come for another year or so. Unless Jonas had started something underground."
     He walked Aluria to Winter and helped her getting on board. Once he was riding Sage himself, he proposed to accelerate the pace they had earlier, he didn't wanted to be there when the wolves and coyotes.

Once back at the manor, Thomas called Edward. "You were right! Someone did came for me!"

"Who was it, Sir?" Inquirered the old butler.

"Jonas...!"Yelled Heinfield across end the hall way. "I shall prepare my luggage, I'm going tomorrow, at sunrise. I'll be in my room Edward! Please take care of Aluria for me, unless she want to stay around me."

SilmeriaElemred

Fenrir had walked along and had waited by the gate a little and seemed like he was guarding the place.

Aluria looked at Thomas for a moment. ''I will stay with you.'' she said to him. Not wanting him to be alone at the moment.

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas stormed in his room, kicked a chair and sensed it fly in a corner of the room. "Why Jonas, why?" He said angrily. He took his suit case from under his bad and started packing quickly the essential for the trip of the next day.
    "Aluria, my love, would you be a dear and take that book on the dresser and put it in my case please? Thank you." He asked without looking, his head deep inside a closet.

If Aluria was to pay attention to the book Thomas was pointing at, she could see that I was his travel journal.

SilmeriaElemred

''..Thomas... why are you leaving... are you running away?...'' she asked. Would he leave and Jonas indeed was alone would it not be this estate or even his sister that would be in peril when he left? And his staff as well. It just did not feel right.

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas turned around to look at his guest. " I am not running away and I never will! Maybe it doesn't seems like it but my town is actually a garrison. I know a few men who would like to protect my homestead just for a favor and a handful of gold. Good men I tell you!" He said, jamming shirts and pants in his luggage. "I just want to get out of here, to let things calm down and blow steam out a bit."
    The poor man was clearly in still in shock, rumors were saying that he would never walk away not run. But it was actually what he was doing. A gentle knock could be heard on the mahogany door. "Come in!" Called out Heinfield. Annie stormed in, walked straight to Heinfield with fiery eyes, something burning inside of her. Thomas barely looked at the torpedo that was heading for him.

"Thomas! Thomas, look at me! " she begged, trying to make him face her. The man was ignoring her. Annie raised her hand and...

Thomas had a red mark up face and had been thrown to the ground, since Annie was stronger then she made it look like from being built with a feline silhouette. "Thomas, I asked you to look at me! I expect you to do so when I ask!" Said the maid with a calm voice that contrasted with her eyes.

"I'm sorry Annie..." Simply said Thomas, his hand cupping were he had been smacked.

SilmeriaElemred

Aluria had released a shriek.''Thomas... please... its enough... what is done is done... so... please...'' her voice sounded different as she was actually on the edge of crying.

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas starred at nothing, a blank expression on his face. Forming thoughts was hard and requested a big deal of concentration, which he was lacking horribly at that moment. He could eat Aluria and Annie calling out for him, even trying to comfort him. He sat there, on the floor, a tear slowly rolling of his face.
      He looked at the elf and the maid. "You are right Aluria, I can't run from this. I'll stay." He walk up to her and held her in his arms. "I'm sorry. Like you said, what is done is done, it's to late to go back." He dropped a kiss on her head.
      Annie slowly walked to them and held them in her arms as well, making a group hug.

SilmeriaElemred

Aluria felt a bit more soothed.''I took some of their arrows they fired. If we tell what happened people might understand. But we first need to find out if Jonas acted alobe or not. Should have asked Fenrir to take one or at least should have searched their minds...'' she exhaled deeply

Lloyd Orodelo

"Come and sit" asked Thomas to Aluria, "you to Annie. I will tell you both why Jonas did what he did." He invited the two women to sit on the bed. He climbed and sat while resting his back against the head of the bed.
    "Jonas and I had a deal, a long time ago. He would keep the roads around the town and the homestead safe and I would pay him and is militia with top notch equipment and gold. A fair deal, knowing my sister and I were orphans. But, one day, he came with all his men and asked for a raise. I declined, telling then I could afford paying them double and keep giving them all the equipment thy asked for. My pay was really generous as it was, they had built for themselves a big tower for their HQ, enlarged their houses and bought more land. They had everything they wanted. Alas, they keep coming asking for ravenous quantities of gold and draconic raises.
     I had to disband the militia and to request the crown assistance to keep this town safe. Jonas and his men disrupted the peace of this land for days, bringing riots and uprising to my door, requesting to make the crown hand go away. I had to give it to them, so I made the guard go back to the capital. That's when Jonas some to me and propose to make the militia again. I listened to him but I gave the brigadier-general post to someone else, someone who I could trust. Jonas was mad and hellbent on getting his old way of living back."

Thomas sighed and let the two women compute what he just told them. After an minute or two of silence, went again.

"Jonas assassinated the brigadier-general and with the help of his friends, the three men you saw on the beach today, took over the militia. They started to ransack the town, saying it was my orders. I finally drove him out by calling the military for help. Lilicka was so scared the day the invested the town that she locked herself in the wine cellar, thinking that during the fight, someone would come in and rape her or something." He laughed faintly as he remembered the reasons Lilicka gave him before locking the cellar door. That the military were only violent dogs coming to town to take what she and Thomas had built. That the crown was angry at them for making this town a better place. "It took me three days to make her come out of the basement. Anyway... Since then, Jonas was roaming the woods and fields around town, stealin food and money to survive. I'm actually surprised he didn't died eaten by a wolf or something."

He finaly took all that weight of his shoulders, he looked more calm. He even got his composed and mysterious look back. His gaze was sharp and investigative again.

SilmeriaElemred

''Will it not be best to report this to the crown before Jonas's goonies make up a different story?'' Aluria asked. ''Together with them we can find a solution for this I'm sure. It has to stop.'' Aluria said. She was actually kind of shocked at the story as well.

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas pondered on the question before finally coming to a conclusion. "No it's not. For the simple reason that the crown intervened a lot during the last year, I don't think they would show up. And even though they would, the threat died along with Jonas. truth to be told, i was paying the men that were with him to be his friend and spy on him, reporting to me once in a while." He said with a grin of satisfaction.

SilmeriaElemred

Aluria was confused. First he said those three took over the militia and sansacked the town on 'Thomas' orders. But in the end he had paid them?

''I do not think they took it kindly then that Fenrir decided to empty his bladder over them... heck if I had not intervened he would not have kept them alive..''

Lloyd Orodelo

Thomas caught the confusion in Aluria's eyes. "I paid their information and whatch full eye. I never expected them to attack with Jonas. Anyway... Enough said about that."

He stood up and walked to his window. Thomas open the door and walked straight toward the edge of the balcony. He stood there looking in the distance at his village.

SilmeriaElemred

''Your people deserve an explenation perhaps.'' Aluria said and pondered. ''How would organising a small party sound? Or are there to many people. Or we go there, rally them up. One way or another I think they will have to know. They must have suffered as well after all.''