Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Reina's Wants and Limits

Started by Reina, January 01, 2019, 12:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reina

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I like to be involved in stories that have a purpose and a clear goal.  We don't have to plan everything out and should definitely improv while writing but there should be a reason for a thread to exist.  The characters involved should have a clear motivation.  That doesn't mean that my character and yours must work together but I think all characters involved in a story need to have some meaning behind why they're present.

I think a blend of dialogue, action, and character/plot development is important.  I tend to write a lot of my characters thoughts out in posts so fair warning. :)

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Anything that has no purpose at all.  A thread could be about shopping for ingredients for a future quest and be really interesting but if the thread is just about shopping and isn't going to build into something else I probably wouldn't be interested.  I'm all for doing one-off threads where the characters meet and never encounter each other again or for long multi-thread storylines.  But again, I just want to write in stories that make sense and that involve characters with clear motivations.

What are your favorite character types to play?
Introspective, humorous, and intelligent characters.  I tend to shy away from incredibly strong characters and as such most of my characters tend to be semi-weak or just average at combat.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I prefer to have a general idea of what the story is about.  I don't want every detail planned but I do want a rough outline.  I'm unlikely to join many threads that have zero direction although I am sometimes in the mood for those.  Over planning is awful too but if we can't write 2-3 sentences to each other about what our characters want out of a thread/quest then I may not be up for it.

How do you feel about group threads?
3-4 people is probably an ideal number.  I can work with more than that but I think it requires a lot of cooperation for the thread to not de-rail and turn into a mess.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
While I attempt to reply every few days it's not uncommon for work to get busy and for my replies to degrade to once per week.  If it's ever more than a week feel free to shoot me a message.  I also have no issues if someone messages me after they reply to a post just to check on when I can get back into it.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Ideally replies would come in within 2-3 weeks.  I can certainly wait longer but anything longer than 1-2 months is likely to kill my motivation to write in that story.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Can't really commit to this.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
Can't really commit to this.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Everything inbetween.  Depending upon what I'm replying to or the story we're trying to tell my posts could be overly long or pretty concise.  I think, generally, I can be a bit on the longer side but I've been trying to adjust that and show more with less words.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I love character development.  My character and yours becoming bitter rivals, close friends, or romantic interest wouldn't happen overnight.  The buildup or shift in a relationship takes time and I think it's the best part of RP writing!  Our characters could go from trying to kill each other to being best friends but that should probably be a logical and gradual progression and it's awesome to write with others who are willing to let a relationship develop like that over time.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Non-stop combat.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
You can interact with my character(s) but not inflict serious harm.  A punch is fine but if you want to stab them in the stomach with a dagger I would want to approve that first (I could be open if it makes sense in the story but again, just check with me first).

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
I'm open to everything mentioned above minus pre-plot relationships.  If another character and mine grow close and I can communicate with the writer about our characters beginning a relationship I may be open to it but it's not something I am actively seeking for my character.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I'm fine with all of the above.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
I don't want my character to be pregnant but other than that I'm fine with someone else's as well as with miscarriages, etc.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
I don't have a problem with that except my character has had her soul marred by a demon.  I don't want anyone to 'heal' that.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Certain magical spells I might be open to.  I don't want anyone turning Reina into a vampire or werewolf but if/when I make more characters I could be open to that.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
Hopefully I didn't come across too limited.  I'm pretty open to writing about any and every thing.  Feel free to message me if you want to write something together. :)