Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sweetharpy's Wants and Limits

Started by sweetharpy, March 06, 2019, 04:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetharpy

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

Anything! I prefer things that have a plot, period, and only tend to sparsely manage things that are just vague interaction. However, if there is a character I find my character really clicks with, I'm more open to slice-of-life style interactions.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

PWP, directionless things.

What are your favorite character types to play?

angsty antihero I MEAN-- No, in reality, I like experimenting. All of my characters will have a spark of me in them, but I prefer to make each one a little bit different, at the least. I tend to prefer loner/introvert types, but can still manage a decent extrovert.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?

I like planning out the overarching parts, but leave the littler details to fly.

How do you feel about group threads?

Perfectly fine, so long as it seems all the people I'm talking to are putting in the same effort I am!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?

I can guarantee I can check in every day, but that's not a guarantee for a reply. Usually, Sunday through Thursday, I can reply daily; however, Fridays and Saturdays tend to be Me And Mate time, so I can't guarantee my replies will be as long then, if they are on at all. If it has been over a week, poke me. I will respond much more quickly on Discord; my PMs are open.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?

Mmmmmmm. Depends on why you're not replying, really. Don't feel like it is a week, really busy with work and school is for the duration thereof, and things like depression or serious illness is fine with indefinitely so long as you don't mind me also taking up a new thread.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?

Depends where it is. I don't mind Discord, but please don't make me use Skype. I do like longform-capable places, though, given I do tend to be wordy.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?

Best for fights, if were talking 2-line-to-1.5-paragraph things. Otherwise, I'll reply when I have time; if I have time shortly after you reply, guess you're getting a quick reply.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?

Literate, preferably a paragraph or more, excepting fights which can be shorter. I will use proper grammar/punctuation/etc in my replies, excepting stylistic choices; I expect my partners to be similarly fluent. If you're new to English, however, I will make exceptions, provided you are also okay with me providing corrections and advice in OOC.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

Descriptions. Beautiful, flowing, long descriptions. I want to see what you're saying, and the longer you make your description, the longer I'm likely to make mine. Also, the better your grammar, etc is, the more likely I am to stick around.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?

*nuzzls ur buwg owo* . I don't like script, I don't like referring to the character I play as "you", and I do not like people who "shortchange", or do not put anywhere near the length and effort you do in your responses.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

Harmless physical contact: OK
Harmful physical contact (bloodless): OK if in-character, deserved, accidental
Harmful physical contact (bloodying): Discuss for a fight; if accidental, so long as it is not massive damage (gutting, limb loss, blinding, etc)
Minor magical effects (slight affect changes; glamour; minor illusion; minor falls-into-above): OK within parameters above
Major magical effects: Discuss in PMs
Erotic-Romantic contact (flirts, brush-ups, PG-13 stuff): OK, but understand it may not gain the same response
Erotic contact (true NSFW): Would prefer not to, or fade-to-black. I would rather not make my mate worry if he is being replaced.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?

Very feeewwww? I don't have a preference about any orientation. I would prefer the initial attraction happen organically, but then if you would want to plot things to do after we agree the characters have chemistry, that's fine. Rejection, drama, etc all okay.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

Fiction is a place to explore the taboo; I do not limit fiction, understanding it is exactly that. As such I do not find myself made uncomfortable by just about anything, so I usually leave limits to partners.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?

Same as above. Happy, sad, anything is fine.

What about healing?

Similarly okay with everything.

What about characters being transformed against their will?

I don't have a problem with it, provided it is discussed in-depth beforehand. Characters might not like it.

Anything else?

I'm generally really free and open with things, and it is genuinely hard to go "too far". I don't think anyone has managed yet. Feel free to try, though- I don't shy away from doing right back.

Repeated large-scale godmodding is punishable by immediate cessation of any and all RP and neat-and-tidy wrap-ups of the thread in relation to you. You get 2 warnings, third strike you're out.