Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sarang's Wants and Limits

Started by Sarang, February 05, 2020, 12:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarang

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play? I like many things from serious, heart wrenching to silly and whacky and everything in between. As long as it is fun and interesting to write and it inspires stories. I like a lot of tropes be it childhood connections, friends to lovers, enemies to friends, frenemies, tension, bromance, sisterhood, i-hate-you-to-death-but-have-to-save-you, head butting or harmonious connection while facing trouble together. I'm open to all kinds of things.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play? Politics and intrigues are something I absolutely suck at just don't have the knowledge and way of thinking for that. I am also not really good at writing fighting scenes but I'll try it.

What are your favorite character types to play? Everything. I'd even write a politician as long as it is okay that they have no idea what they are doing. I love playing unusual characters, but also write fillers and 'normal' ones. It only matters to me that I'm inspired to write them.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised? Both. Usually I am a total pantser, but some things I also don't mind to talk about beforehand and have like a keynote and then pants my way to that through the bush and around twists and turns. But since my characters have their own head and ignore what I want, don't expect me to act a certain way and stick to a script all the way through. Basically, if you need a certain outcome talk with me, if you are not sure if something is okay with me, talk with me. I love communication ;)

How do you feel about group threads? They are okay as long as it isn't like two dozen players that ignore one another. If you write in a group make sure that everyone is included.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post? I don't know but I try to check as often as possible. Might be a few days sometimes, if it is longer I'll let you know so you don't wait without a word.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread? I've waited months before, though I prefer to know if it takes longer than a week. Also if you lost interest in the thread just let me know. I won't bite heads off.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP? Fine by me. Just might not always be able to answer right away since I do stuff all day long.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
If we happen to be around at the same time that's fine, but shouldn't be expected all the time and may stop at any moment.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Everything. It depends on how much I have to write. Sometimes it's longer sometimes it's shorter.

Any RP styles/habits that you love? Habits... I love communication. Just don't assume I would react a certain way that fits into your story. My characters all have their own mind which also may differ from my own, so they do what they want and even surprise me at times. Otherwise I am open and curious about other people's styles and creativity, to learn from each other and broaden horizons. I like balanced characters (not only strengths but also weaknesses)

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid? I don't like when someone always has to have the upper hand. Most of my characters are made to not have this 'always the best' thing going on, many might even be the total loser on purpose, but even those have shining moments.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are your limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I don't mind if my characters are grabbed, pushed, punched... but I want my chance to react to it, to get out of it or take my revenge. If they succeed or not depends on them not me, and same goes for you. When my character tries it you have your chance to get out of it as well. I don't like it very much if someone decides what my character does, thinks or feels. Yours may think they know, your decision.  If you want to proceed with something and need to know how my character would react to something, ask me. I'm happy to let them answer.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I don't think I have anything that I am really uncomfortable with unless I hear it and get the Heebie-jeebies. I'm a pretty open-minded person who tries everything at least once. Been doing all kinds of RPs that included soft and hard stuff, things that were controversial for others that didn't faze me. So if you want to make sure ask me and I'll see if I get goosebumps or not. 

What are your limits with regard to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I have no issues with those, but I'm not here to provide material for sleepless nights. So I might not write explicit sex scenes unless I'm really really in the mood for writing smut publicly. Usually, I write those for myself in private, not with others. So don't count on it too much. Might be part of the story but I might Fade to black so it has happened in character if necessary for the story, but not been written. The rest is fine with me.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
I have never been pregnant so I can't even imagine how that is. I have no issue with it but may not write it for myself. Though exceptions are always possible - just make it a magical rapid one so I don't have to carry that thing with me for months and months. 😉

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Healing is fine, just don't get rid of something that is part of the character without making sure I am okay with it. Like if I bring in a blind character there may be a chance that I want them to be blind. But if they get hurt in a fight or something, sure try your healing, I'll see then if it works or if something goes wrong with it. 😉

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
As long as _I_ am okay with it their will doesn't matter. Just ask me. If it doesn't work with my characters, I may make a new one it works for.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
English is not my native language, so please be patient when it comes to grammar, typos and the like. Despite being pretty fluent verbally, writing is a whole different thing. I'm learning to improve though. So if I make a repeating mistake that is pretty embarrassing, let me know so I can learn.
Another thing is that RP stays RP and does not carry into RL, no matter if it is romantic stuff or hate relationships. I love making new friends, but everything else is strictly RP. Most folks will know that but some past experiences just make me want to make sure.