Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Marzipan's Wants and Limits

Started by Marzipan, March 28, 2020, 12:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marzipan

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play? I'm a huge fan of character interactions, and I love writing slice of life adventures or any other fun ways for characters to interact. On a good day, I'd be up for just about any plot with just about any kind of character.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play? That being said, I'm not super adept at writing extremely serious content, I don't find it easy to write very mature content, (just not my bag). Otherwise, I'm good with whatever.

What are your favorite character types to play? I like to play characters that have room for development, I think that it's often fun to play creature type characters, or characters with different headspaces I can try to fit my way into.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised? I think that either can be very fun, both have very satisfying payoffs when done correctly.

How do you feel about group threads? The more the merrier I say, but a certain level of organization is required.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post? I'd say give me about day before nudging me, and if it's longer than 36 hours, please for the love of god send a nudge because my memory seems to have more holes than swiss cheese and sometimes I get swept up in life and might forget that oops, I got someone waiting on a post.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread? I'll wait however long it takes, life is chaotic, I get it, prioritize you.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP? Id est quod Id est, it'd be new to me but if it's your thing, I'm down for whatever.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.) Great for in character conversations so that you don't have to feel like you have to bloat a post, a nice little dialogue crutch.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything? Anything and everything, action posts and establishing posts should be nice and flavorful, but like I said earlier, dialogue can be a few sentences because sometimes that's all there is.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Any RP styles/habits that you avoid? (Just gonna combine these two because they go hand in hand) I'd prefer it when people keep the OOC content, OOC, I love it when people message me about the plot so that we can talk about it in the messaging box, but it kinda makes the posts ugly when it's just slotted in there on the page.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?) I'm fine with anything as long as there's no permanent damage and it makes sense within the limits of the story.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.) It is what it is, I'd deffer to whomever I'm rping with on this one.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level? I'm fine with it all to an extent, I'd consider myself to have a decently high tolerance, but I'll pm my rp partner if I feel uncomfortable.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?) If it's essential to the plot I'm fine with it, but it's really something that needs to be handled properly.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.) If it's my character, I'd like to be asked via pm beforehand.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.) Once again, If it's my character, I'd like to be asked via pm beforehand.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!) I'm really looking forward to getting things kicked off!