Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Leaving Tracks [Kazeko!]

Started by Anonymous, August 06, 2010, 09:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tonight was a night for celebration! Frugal as she was, though, this meant silently praising herself for a hard day's work and her earnings. Since it wasn't easy to turn a profit in her trade, she prided herself on her abilities; today just happened to be one where things had paid off.

The trail she rode on was quiet, but the late hour alone explained this condition even though isolation was the true cause. For now, she was trying to travel as far as she could upon the back of her prized mare, Iso, before she was tired enough to rest and make camp until sunrise. Really, though, she didn't care much where she ended up since she was in the rare position where she had no other creatures to worry about other than herself and her faithful companion.

It truly was an oddity for her to only have one horse with her, but the past two days had been so blessed with fortune that she didn't mind so much. Her single mare now bore not only her owner, but also the saddlebags enough for an extra pack animal. The little gray mare, while strong, was rightfully growing weary as the night went on. Sophia, however, was caught up in her own blissful little world as she thought of all she might do once she reached civilization.

Anonymous

((YAY! I finally replied!))

Tendrils of pale mist crept onto the path like vines, flowing low to the ground, faintly silver in the moonlight. Glowing green eyes peered from the thick brush to the side, scanning the trail for any sign of movement. Finding none, the black shuck bounded out on the packed earth, surprisingly soundless for a creature the size of a large horse.

Gabriel shook himself, leaves and flying out of his shaggy fur, and set off down the path, senses alert to any movement from the forest. He was hungry, and night was his preferred time to hunt. His black fur was almost completely invisible in the darkness, and even if his eyes had a tendency to glow, his other senses were sharp enough that he almost didn't need them.

Unfortunately, he was so intent on finding prey that he forgot to watch the path ahead. As he crested a hill, he found himself approaching a female human on horseback. Startled, he froze for a moment, eyes blazing even brighter green and mist roiling in agitation, before he recovered himself. His form seemed to shimmer for a moment, and then, in place of the hellhound, there stood a rather large male human, with shaggy black hair and dark green eyes with only a hint of luminosity. He bowed politely to the approaching female, hoping mentally that she'd put his earlier appearance up to the darkness. "I wasn't expecting to meet another traveler this night," he said. "My name is Gabriel Llyrwy; may I inquire as to yours?"