Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This town ain't big enough for the two of us! (Open to dragons!)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, September 01, 2013, 08:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

It was peaceful, living high up in the mountains. The people were hardy, yet friendly the air was nice, and, most of all, the view was beautiful. All of these reasons are why Amator chose to live in this small mountain village, away from the hustle and bustle of the cities and certainly from any bandits. However, even in this quaint little village, there were problems in the clouds.

And, lo and behold, there was something off about the skies that day. As Amator sat out on the porch of his old house, intent on watching the clouds, like he usually did, the old man saw something he hoped to see again only in the afterlife. A dragon.... What does this youngster want?!

Brisinger987

Loreiaka could smell it in the air. Another strange dragon scent. New, fresh to her nose. She hadn't smelled this species before. She just had to find it. Hours she spent searching for this stranger. Hours.

And to no prevail.

So as she flew towards the house, albeit a small, rather lonely house, she figured that she would politely ask to stay the night. After all, she would find a cave if she got turned down.

It wasn't like this house was the only one of it's kind. Just a quiet mountain house. But something told her to go there. And she guessed that meant she would find the strange species there.

She just had to ask.

She landed outside the house, shifting to human form to be more conversable.

"Excuse me sir? Sir? I was wondering if I could stay the night..." The hesitation in her voice made her seem afraid. After all, this dragon could be older than the damned frozen one on that mountain. And he was supposed to be old. 2,000,000 years old. Old enough to have turned to stone on that mountaintop.

Klezmer Gryphon

The old man wasn't fooled by the pretty girl that walked up out of nowhere. Being 15,000 years old, he knew how to tell a human from a dragon that shifted to look like a human.

"And here I thought Nightspinners were long gone." The old man said, still sitting in the chair on his porch. He wouldn't invite this dragoness into his home, and certainly wouldn't allow her to terrorize the village he called home. To make his point clear, he revealed the short sword he kept under his robe, which he sharpened daily.

Brisinger987

Loreiaka froze. She was used to hostility, but not so suddenly, and so readily. It frightened her. A lot.

She put her hands up where he could so see them in cautious surrender. She wouldn't die today.

"I-I-I was looking for somewhere to stay..." She looked around to try and find an escape. This guy was dangerous, very clearly, and she wanted to be able to flee if she had to.

"Would you allow me to? Please?"

Klezmer Gryphon

"I don't care. It's because of you damned teenagers that dragonkind as a whole has a bad reputation. Now leave me alone before you actually make this old Iarthair angry." He said in a loud, powerful voice as the old man stood and walked to the edge of his porch. If he had to kick this youngster's ass, he'd do it, if only to be left alone! He came out to this mountain village to be away from dragons, not be pestered by teenagers who had no discipline and certainly no respect for other races!

Brisinger987

Loreiaka flinched slightly as the words stung. She had never laid a finger on anyone, damaged any property. She hated those dragons too. Maybe it was worth mentioning.

Yeah, she would mention it.

"I don't do that. I'm always friendly, never hurt or break stuff. I just try and coexist. I just need a place to stay for one night sir. Please. I will stay there until morning and stay quiet if it helps. I can do it. Please?" She didn't have to practice to look innocent. That was her natural state. She never caused trouble.

To even think of causing trouble was a sin for her.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Leave. I don't have the patience that my friend has, and I certainly don't have patience for the youngsters who disregard the words of their elders!" He roared, his deep, ancient roar echoing throughout the valley. With that, he moved past the girl, and pointed towards the village.

"That, young lady, is why I am fed up with teenagers these days! They come down on peaceful, quiet villages like this one, and burn the, to the ground all in the name of fun! Fun they say! If they don't quit burning and pillaging, then dragon kind may very well be damned to the darkest reaches of Hell for all I care!" said the old man, his temper evidently wearing thin. He just wanted to live his final few centuries at peace, and this youngster was not helping!

Brisinger987

Loreiaka felt her bottom lip trembling. She was being accused of damaging property. She had seen hostility from the opening of a conversation, but this was scaring her. She just wanted a place to stay.

"P-p-please sir, just for one night! I don't do that, and I'm no teenager, I'm 216 years old! I've never hurt an innocent person in my life! Please just let me stay... For one night, that's all I ask... I'll do anything..." Even she hadn't realised how desperate she was to stay in a bed for a night. She wasn't there to pillage and burn. She was there to sleep for a night.

Klezmer Gryphon

Perhaps he had gone a little too far.

"Look, there is an inn located in the village, right next to the smithy. You can stay there, but you will NOT be staying in my house. I don't care how innocent you claim to be; if I find you making trouble for the nice people of this village, I will personally cut off your head, and mount it on a pike!" He exclaimed, hoping to get the point across that he didn't want to be around his fellow dragons. He turned to return to his old house, not even making eye contact with the girl. He didn't want to admit it, but it was because of a young girl like herself that caused him to seclude himself from the dragons.

Brisinger987

Loreiaka stifled back a sob as the aggression started to get to her. She was being threatened. She'd never been threatened before.

"Why? What have I ever done to you?! Why are you threatening me when all I want to do is stay somewhere warm for the night, and I don't have coin! Please find the generosity in your heart to let me stay just one night. I need it really badly." She tried to wipe away tears and stop herself crying but such a verbal assault was difficult to defend against. Especially when the threats included decapitation.

"Please sir. I'll do anything."

Listenbeastie

Despite the appearance of the Nightspinner there was still a presence hidden in the sky. A speck of black drifted on the horizon, far away but growing nearer. Another figure followed suit, more of a smudge than a dot, spitting light and heat after the much smaller thing. The small one dove briefly for the mountains before suddenly spreading wings and pulling itself up. The large one pursued, flipping mid air around the speck.

While the smudge made its way back down the speck engaged, colliding with the big creature. Then, after nearly thirty seconds of struggle in the skies the speck fled higher again, drawing ever closer to the village.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Was I threatening you? Was I being openly hostile?! Young lady, I am merely telling you the truth! You may not stay at my house, and there is an inn right next to the smithy! And, if you have no coin...." He reached into his robe, and pulled out a small coin purse. It didn't hold all his gold, but it held enough to rent a room for a night, plus enough to get some supplies. He simply tossed the coin purse in front of her feet, making a distinct chink! as it landed.

"Take it. I might be a bitter old dragon, but I'm not unreasonable." He said, his tone going from the harsh, bitter tempest to an apologetic breeze. He had indeed been too rough with the girl, his dislike of other dragons getting in the way of helping a traveler.

Brisinger987

"Thank you..." She turned and went to walk to the inn, when she saw the dragons fighting in the distance. She completely forgot the coin purse as she snarled. The old guy had a point, dragons fighting was not cool. So she shifted form, making the Nightspinner's signature scream, and bouting crimson fire at them.

"WHAT DO YOU TWO IDIOTS THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Her voice projected across the the two dragons fighting in broad sunset, her anger and tone clearly hotter than the sun itself.

Listenbeastie

As she drew closer, she'd find that one of the two quarreling parties was actually not a dragon at all; it was a peculiar, dark skinned humanoid clutching on to an object that shone like gold in the sun. The second was definitely a dragon, though, as it spat fire at the humanoid still.

"Stay away from my prize, stranger!" the dragon called out as it caught up to the fleeing man. He took a dive in order to out-maneuver the monster but it was familiar with his tricks, flying after him without skipping a beat. Then, as the first was dangerously close to the ground he glided to the side, hoping the pursuing beast would collide with the mountains.

But it would not be fooled again. As it caught up, the dragon merely collided with the stranger again, clawing at the humanoid once before gaining altitude again. The man screamed and started falling again, flapping one wing frantically while the other twitched and bled. He plummeted into the cover of trees as the dragon rose further to address the nightspinner.

"This is none of your business! You would do well to depart before I do the same to you!" Despite its threats this dragon was smaller than her and too young to be particularly threatening to either of his present kin. His scales were dim, only slightly distinguishable as red. Perhaps he was some form of half-breed.

Brisinger987

As Loreiaka closed in, her size became readily apparent, as did her brutal colouring, and the colour of her fire.

"You think it's funny to threaten me?!" She flew over to him, and threw a balled fist straight at the smaller dragons head.

"You stupid younglings are the reason I got turned down! You're arrogant, insatiable, violent, vain and stupid! You don't care what people think, you just do things on impulse! And then you wonder why you are treated with hostility!" She swung round, lining up for a second one.

((It probably isn't clear, but it was not an ascertained hit, he can dodge if he wants))

Listenbeastie

The other dragon bristled as she grew near, wading back before the first punch was thrown. It reached its mark but only one of his horns. Even so, the smaller dragon roared and inhaled, the inside of his maw glowing as he poised to breathe. He spat flame but it was cut off by the second punch.

The small dragon allowed himself to descend somewhat, starting to turn into a humanoid form while dipping beneath the shade of nearby trees. As he fell the reptilian made a rude gesture at Loreiaka. "To hell with your feelings, stranger!"

Klezmer Gryphon

"And hell can kiss my ass" the old man said as he pointed his sword at the reptialian's throat. He had watched where the arrogant youngster would land, and wanted to personally welcome him to his village. His eyes glowed a fierce orange as his true form started to come through. While Amator had no intention of actually using his true form, as it was much too powerful in his opinion, he would let his true strength be known.

"Now, surrender and leave, unless you want me to mount your head on a pike!" He ordered, stepping forward just a hair, touching the sword the youngster's neck.

((This dragon is an NPC, correct?))

Listenbeastie

((... I haven't decided yet. But let's assume he is of the same amount of importance atm.))

"Y-- Woah, woah woah woah!" The young dragon blurted as he was met with the blade of the old man. "What's going on?! I'm retrieving something! I have no intention of doing anything to your stupid home! Just let me go get what I came for!

Grrah! Because of this nonsense, I'm going to have more trouble finding him..." The dragon was nervous but just as angry, glowering at the older dragon. If looks could kill, they'd have reduced each other to ash.

Brisinger987

Loreiaka landed nearby, fuming with both of them. So she did what any girl would.

She walked up and slapped both of them.

The younger of the two boys got the most vicious slap, while Amator got a slap for pulling a sword on the kid.

"I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOU STUPID BOYS AND VIOLENCE. IT'S NOT HARD TO TALK INSTEAD OF BEATING EACH OTHER WITH CLUBS. SO WHY CAN'T YOU DO IT?!" Her raised voice was quite intimidating, even in her human form.

"I have had it with being shouted at, told to go away. We are dragons. We can go where we please, as long as it isn't someone's home, and we are respectful. You two just shout because you don't know any better, and old man, don't even think about talking!" She sent a death ray look at him, clearly indicating she was not finished. She hadn't even sensed he was going to talk.

"Can we not, as the biggest, most physically powerful creatures in this world, just fucking get along?!" She didn't know how red her face was, and how loud she had shouted. She was just angry.

Listenbeastie

As he recoiled from the sudden slap the lad drew both hands to his neck, gagging a bit before bristling with nervousness and anger. The dragon drew one of his hands away, peering at the small amount of blood dribbling down his fingertips. Clenching his teeth the boy retorted, "You idiot! You almost killed me! Damn hypocrite!"

"What crawled up your behinds this morning?! Mind your own business and I'll mind mine!"