Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wheel of Dawn [Draconian]

Started by Cheesigator, October 31, 2016, 06:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheesigator

Kirkley would never blame him for not wanting to go back to Connlaoth. He wouldn't have, either. There were still places on this continent he hadn't visited in any years he could remember, for reasons he couldn't quite place. Perhaps he'd experienced similar things; lost people there. People he cared about.

The woman inside the place Bifrost got their room at was unusually kind; Kirkley never usually stayed in places like this, so he found himself looking around with curiosity after he'd ducked under the door and given his companion an appreciative smile for holding the door open. It was a quaint little place; were they all this nice? Perhaps he ought to pilfer the funds to stay in places like this more often, if they were this hospitable.

He smiled at the woman, Sera, said that they'd probably appreciate it if food could be brought up to the room. He was tired, he knew Bifrost was tired. The last thing either of them wanted to deal with today was people, after so much travel and stress.

Once they were up the stairs and in the room, he found his eyebrows raising in amusement. Yeah, Bifrost was putting it lightly. Then again, he'd yet to sleep in a bed that his feet didn't hang off of. Oh well, he supposed.

He smirked at Bifrost's suggestion, before quietly stepping up and sliding his arms around him, pulling him flush against him where he stood behind his companion, leaning in and letting his lips just barely brush against the tan skin along his dainty jawline, before sliding down to press a soft kiss to his neck--gently nipping at the skin there.

"I'll do whatever you ask of me." He said, a dangerously playful glint in his eyes as he reached up and ran his hands through the man's green hair as he stood up straight, looking down at him with a warm smile, though a hint of mischievous intention might have still glowed in their depths.

"Happy to have a civilized place to sleep in, now?" He asked with a raise of his eyebrows, his fingertips naturally finding their way to grace along the shell of Bifrost's pointed ears, before threading through his impossibly silky hair again.

Draconian

It took a decent amount of effort to bite back a moan.

Bifrost hadn't ever really been one to crave touches from someone. Had never really been one to visit brothels or go out of his way to get some nookie. Kirkley though, he leaned against him, let his head roll to the side to give him better access to his neck and bit his lip when the shell of his ear was brushed against. Maybe he should have put the bandanna back on. Bifrost let out a steady breath, letting his eyes fall closed and he smirked at Kirkley before he pulled away slightly before he slowly inched his shirt off, tossing it and the long length of fabric to the ground.

Though there was a knock at the door, and a soft voice let them know that dinner was served, there was some wine and also the extra blankets.

He turned around quickly enough to open the door, looking into the startled eyes of Sera who eyed him sheepishly, blushed and quickly turned away and shuffled off. Bifrost picked up the tray of food and wine with a silly grin on his face and pushed the blanket and pillow into the room with his food before he closed the door and locked it.

"Eat first," Bifrost stated, sitting on the floor with the tray in front of him. Two bowls of  beef stew, some hunks of bread and a small green bottle of wine - no glasses though. He shrugged before he grabbed the wine and took a deep drink before making a face and placing it down, "So. Kirkley," He picked up his bowl, still naked from the hips up, hair a silky green curtain over his shoulders and down his back.

"Anything I ask of you?" He teased, eyeing Kirkley's hips for a moment before taking a bite of stew and giving an almost lewd moan. Real food. It was amazing, "I need to learn how to cook," He swallowed and licked his lips before he went quiet and finished his portion of the meal, using the hunk of his bread to get all of the stew. "Let's just figure out what you won't do and I'll pick from the remaining list," He continued like he hadn't just spent the past ten minutes shoveling food into his mouth and making strange sex noises.

Cheesigator

Kirkley made a noise that was somewhat a growl, somewhat a pleased hum as he watched Bifrost slowly inch his shirt off, revealing that soft tan skin underneath that made Kirkley hungry in a way that food wouldn't remedy.

He didn't move from where he stood as Bifrost went to the door, instead looking over his shoulder and turning slightly as he saw the woman there with their food; he smirked. It looked a little too good on him.

He raised his eyebrows, inclining his head slightly as Bifrost teased him and sat on the floor, and Kirkley, after pausing a moment, eyeing him with a look that was more predatory than human, sat to join him. The noises his companion made weren't exactly helping his situation.

He took the bottle of wine once his partner had teased him with the question and started digging into the food; he took a long swig, letting out a satisfied sigh as he set it down on the tray and took his own portion of the food, dipping his bread into the stew before taking a bite.

There would always be a part of him that liked raw meat the best, but he'd be a sad creature if he couldn't enjoy well-cooked "human" food as well. This definitely did taste pretty damn good.

"For you I have a feeling there might not be much I wouldn't do." He said, voice low after he finished his stew, glancing at Bifrost with that same dangerous edge to his gaze--not that he would ever hurt Bifrost, oh no. That wasn't what that look was at all. That was a look of 'careful what you do next, kid. Or you'll have to suffer the consequences.'

He wiped any crumbs from his mouth, skilled at keeping them out of his beard so it seemed, as he set the tray outside their door.

Draconian

Bifrost was selfish and finished off the wine.

Flushed, a silly smile on his face. He felt warm and pleased and he was very happy to be a good natured buzzed individual. He didn't really do much, except he paused, crawled over to the bag he'd dropped to the ground and dug through it. One of his few actual possessions. A hair brush. He stared at it for a few moments, remember his brothers. They'd always teased him about his long hair, always back in a braid, ears always covered by a bandanna.

Bifrost felt his eyes grow wet before he sighed and let his head duck forward. No.

This wasn't the time.

When he was alone. Maybe under water. He could scream his anguish when it wouldn't carry to other ears. So, he sat up, sauntered over to Kirkley and handed him the hairbrush before he pushed Kirkley to the bed and planted himself between the other mans thighs, back facing him. "I'd like you to brush my hair," He stated, glancing over his shoulder with a silly flushed smile, "Maybe if you do a good job I'll give you a prize." Bifrost pulled his haif over his shoulders so it was all trailing down his back.

When not in its usual braid, he was pin straight and reached a little bit past his waist, almost to his hips. "You know, no matter how often I'd cut it, it would always grow back really fast," He chuckled, "Like I'm supposed to have long hair. Some sort of... Predetermined image for me." Bifrost drew idle patterns on Kirkley's thigh with his index finger, "So I just kept it long. Hid my ears. Tied it back." He shrugged, "I never fit in anyway." A chuckle and he glanced over his shoulder, "Think I should cut it all off?"

Cheesigator

It seemed Bifrost had plans tonight to be more than a little reckless; Kirkley couldn't blame him. It also seemed like he wasn't much of a drinker, because the bottle of wine made him a blushing, silly mess by the time he finished it. He smiled; it was cute. Kirkley had been around far too long for one bottle of wine to bother him anymore--the most it did was help his muscles relax, which his shoulder was grateful for.

He watched his companion curiously, hearing the skip in his heartbeat when he found whatever he was looking for in that bag of his. But before he could question it, the man was in his lap and he was raising his eyebrows at the hairbrush handed to him.

He'd done a lot of weird things in his life but he couldn't recall a time where someone had ever asked him to brush their hair for them.

He didn't mind in the slightest.

He started from the bottom, gentle as he ran his fingers through the locks of green as the hairbrush worked out any snarls or kinks, which there weren't many. It felt odd, like second nature to him. Like he'd done this exact thing before, but he couldn't think of where or when, or with who.

His gaze flickered up to Bifrost's face as the man spoke, looking at him over his shoulder. He was very acutely aware of the man's touch on his thigh, it sent tingles through his skin, made him clench his jaw just a bit as he tried to be a good dog and not maul the poor man right here and now.

"No, I like your hair." He replied honestly after a moment of thinking about it, and staring at him so intently. He continued to work his way further up the curtain of green, untangling and combing it through nice and easy. "Especially if it'll just grow back as fast as you say--besides, if you cut it off, then there'll be less for me to pull on." He couldn't help it, his sharp canines flashing in a devious grin as he continued on brushing.

Draconian

The shiver that ran through Bifrost at the play-threat was visible. Shirt off - which he'd forgotten, or didn't bother to, put back on, the goose flesh on him was apparent and he smirked. "Less for you to pull on, hmm?" He teased back, turning around, taking the hairbrush out of Kirkley's hand before he pressed his hands to his shoulders to push him down, still snug between his thighs. A smirk on Bifrost's face and he leaned down to nip at the taller mans collar bone, teeth grazing the skin before he bit his lip, slightly hesitant.

Live a little. Bifrost looked at Kirkley before he pressed another kiss to his chest, fingers pushing and pulling at clothing. Was it the physical comfort? Bifrost pulled at Kirkley's shirt, pressing kisses to scars and markings, tracing a tattoo with his slightly numb tongue. The wine wasn't that potent but Bifrost wasn't much of a drinker and while he'd wanted to to this all day, the door was closed and locked and he could blame his boldness on the wine.

It wasn't really the wine.

"Kirkley," He groaned against the man's belly, nuzzling at his stomach, "Do you know what any of these mean?" Bifrost paused, his belly against Kirkley's groin, his head resting on his chest and his fingers tracing the various tattoo's and markings. Pants were still on, for now, but he figured... A moment to pause. His hair was a curtain along Kirkley's side and while one hand was tracing tattoo's the other was smoothing up and down the mans side and hip.

"Do you get sad when you look at your scars?" He asked, frowning, "that you don't... Really know why you have some of them?" Bifrost nuzzled against his stomach again, pressing a kiss there. He was sure they were a sight, Bifrost all curled up between Kirkley's legs and no doubt the tall mans feet were hanging off the edge. One day, he promised himself in a little voice that usually voiced the impossible dreams, they'd have a bed big enough to fit the both of them.

It scared Bifrost to death that it was a real wish of his.

Cheesigator

The visible that rippled through the other man's body in his lap was tantalizing; before he had a chance to really respond however, the brush was out of his hands and he was pushed down onto the bed, his hands instantly finding their way to Bifrost's hips. Teeth grazed the skin at his collarbone and he let out a growl that rumbled through his chest; it was playful, a light warning.

He blinked when he caught the man's gaze for a second however, noticing something slightly... Off.

He enjoyed the kisses and attention, of course, but when Bifrost asked the question (albeit in a way that killed him to not pin him to the bed and take him like an animal just yet) he was hardly surprised. He ran his fingers through the man's hair, petting him, soothing him.

"They all have meanings. I don't remember most of them." He said honestly, looking down at the man, brows furrowed slightly as he contemplated his questions.

"Some make me more sad than others--but when I try to think of why, something always tells me I'm better off not remembering." He said, his voice low, rumbling a little.

He let his hands slide down a little further, calloused fingertips brushing against the back of his companion's neck. He sat up using his core muscles, so he could keep his hands on Bifrost, guiding him to sit up so they could properly look each other in the eyes as he wrapped an arm around slightly smaller tan shoulders, their lips mere inches apart.

"Some things are best left in the past, so you can move forward in the present." He rested their foreheads together, his hand gently sliding along the elf-eared man's jawline, cupping his face. He wasn't sure what was on Bifrost's mind right now, but he wanted to make sure he was okay. The protectiveness in him was growling, defensive; if Bifrost was hurting, he wanted to know, so he could make him feel better.

He wasn't sure how, but he had a feeling he'd likely know if he needed to. Like he'd done it before.

Draconian

It was nice.

Bifrost let out a little hot breath and his eyes closed when Kirkley sat up. He didn't moved his hands away from Kirkley's sides and he dragged his finger nails ever so slightly against his flesh when he sat up. Better left in the past. It hurt, to think of it like that. Coming from a man though, who probably experienced untold loss... Who was Bifrost replacing? Bifrost knew who Kirkley was replacing.

Everyone.

Needy, Bifrost pressed in for a kiss, wanting the comfort of a warm body. It didn't need to be sexual. If anything, he was too tired and mentally exhausted for that. Gentle kisses and touches though. Comforting arms and words. A heartbeat to feel while he slept. Bifrost held Kirkley close while he ravished his mouth with kisses, pressing one to the scar on his lip. Moving to press a kiss over his bad eye.  It was worrisome, that there was no where else Bifrost would rather be than right here and right now.

In the arms of someone who was still practically a stranger.

Though it had felt like much longer.

Life times.

Bifrost backed off after a moment, flushed. Still, mostly not used to kissing another man. Or wanting to kiss anyone for that matter. It was comforting though, and he moved his hands back down to Kirkley's sides, tracing scars and tattoos with his finger tips. "Sorry, you looked kinda sad and I just had to put my mouth on your mouth in an attempt to change your mood," Bifrost joked in a husky voice, swallowing thickly before he tucked his face against Kirkley's neck and nuzzled, "Did it work?"

Cheesigator

He didn't get a verbal response so much as a physical one. Tipsy Bifrost decided that it was time for making out and who was Kirkley to deny him such a simple thing? He'd have been lying if he said he didn't want the affection.

He returned every kiss, deepening them when he could, catching the other man's lips in his teeth, playfully nipping at him as he weaved his fingers into Bifrost's hair, but before he could tilt his head back and sink his teeth into his neck, his companion was pulling away, joking, and burying his face in Kirkley's neck.

Heel, boy. Now wasn't really a good time to act like a dog.

It was hard not to.

He took in a deep breath and let it out in a slow exhale, measured to help him refocus. Damn Bifrost was good at being distracting.

He didn't want to just outright tell the other man that he was worried about him--that could potentially push him away, make him feel like a burden, something like that. Instead he ran fingertips up and down the length of Bifrost's back, enjoying the warmth and smooth feeling of his skin as he let his other hand settle onto his companion's thigh.

"I think you know every possible way to make me feel better." He said with a slight smirk. "So thank you."

With that, his arm tightened around Bifrost's midsection as he suddenly pulled him further back onto the bed, laying him down and pressing another warm, passionate kiss to his lips before he pulled back, standing at the side of the bed and tugging off his shirt, tossing it into the corner where they'd piled their bags and boots.

Climbing back onto the bed, he knelt over the man, hands on the mattress by Bifrost's shoulders as he leaned in with a dangerous smirk, before he nosed his way to his companion's neck where he bit him gently, nipping at his skin and pressing kisses there, leaving a few marks for good measure while he let one of his hands explore downward and squeeze his hip.

"You've no idea how hard it is to keep from screwing you senseless right now." He said with a rumbling laugh before he moved instead to lay on the bed next to Bifrost, wrapping an arm around the man's torso and pulling him close. He snuggled in, pressing kisses behind elfish ears and nipping playfully at them. "You're too cute when you've had a little too much to drink, better make sure we don't let you do that in public or I won't be the only one trying to get into your pants." He teased with a grin, trying to keep the conversation light, comforting. Happy.

Draconian

This was an odd situation Bifrost found himself in.

Alone in a room, bought with stolen money from the body of a dead man. A man Kirkley killed. A man hired to kill him for a bounty. Bifrost gnawed on his lower lip, watching Kirkley remove his shirt with interest, smirking slightly when he tossed it, letting his eyes linger on the trousers. Though, it wasn't long before his eyes drooped closed and he gave a content little sigh, one hand behind his head. Slowly opened when Kirkley made his way back to the too small bed.

Less room for them meant they'd be forced to cuddle. Oh no. A visible blush at the sort of threat of his ... Lovers? short leash on his impulses and Bifrost had to bite back a remark that, while he wouldn't regret, might lead to a little bit too much noise. The sound of movement outside the door had Bifrost lift his head and look at it wearily. Then he felt a nibble at his ear and he had to shift his hips and gasp, glancing over his shoulder with a smirk.

"Oh? Would that bother you?" Bifrost teased, "Other people wanting in the pants?" His finger trailed along his exposed hip and he moved his hand to rest on Kirkley's side. "Can't say I'm usually so easy," He chuckled, eyes falling closed for a few moments, giving a little sigh and snuggling into the larger man. It was comforting, "You're good at convincing me to take off my pants," Bifrost chuckled, voice going soft, hand trailing to find Kirkley's and lace their fingers together.

"So... How hard are you trying to not screw me senseless?" He teased, grinning.

Cheesigator

Kirkley huffed, his breath hot against Bifrost's ear and the back of his neck, at his teases. His companion certainly could be cruel and torturous when he wanted to.

He raised his eyebrows a little, smirking however at the man's comments.

"It might bother me." He said, though the tone of his voice suggested it was more than just a might or a maybe. It would definitely bother him, if that protective growl had anything to say about it.

But, what right did he have right now to feel that way? He pursed his lips, running his fingers along Bifrost's abdomen as he considered it. Bifrost wasn't really his... His anything. Was he? His heart wrenched a little and he swallowed down a swell of emotions that bubbled up in him along with it.

"I'm usually better at keeping my inner demons at bay but you make it quite challenging." He admitted, focusing on the conversation at hand and grinning as he nipped at the skin along the man's spine. "But, I think what you need right now more than anything, is sleep."

With the passing of every day, it would hopefully heal the man's heart, heal the wounds that were still so fresh from losing everyone he cared about. Time was the best medicine, he knew from experience and hoped that at least with his company, the process might be sped up a little.

Draconian

Sleep.

Bifrost covered his mouth with the back of his hand before sliding it down to clasp Kirkley's, threading their fingers together before he curled his arm over him and pressed the back of Kirkley's hand against his chest. His heart beat was slow and steady. Calm. Curling his legs up, Bifrost curled one arm under himself to lean up and blow out the candle that had given the room just the little bit of light.

Darkness over took the room except for the stream of moonlight that was cast over their backs. Getting comfortable, he pressed his back to Kirkley's chest, feeling his heartbeat. Mentally he tracked it, they weren't going the same, but it was steady and Bifrost found himself dozing to the steady beat of Kirkley's heart. "Thank you," Bifrost whispered, giving Kirkley's hand a squeeze.

Was this weak of him? To need comfort? What did this make him? Not willing to shed tears again - they made his chest ache. Made his eyes burn.  Bifrost just let out a weary sigh and snuggled back into Kirkley as far as he could without pushing the man off the bed. "I like your heartbeat," He finally huffed out, voice rough and soft, "It feels like a nice old familiar song that I don't remember the words to." He cast a peek over his shoulder with a little smile on his face, illuminated by the moonlight before he shuffled over, gave Kirkley a kiss on the forehead and finally, finally settled down to sleep.

Tags: