Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Following Destiny

Started by Anonymous, September 02, 2006, 04:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Unbeknownst to those who looked at the Kilanthro Mountains from below, there were decisions. Silver eyes gazed at the familiar landscape. She knew that she must leave, but had never in her life done so. What would the world beyond her home be like? There were, no doubt, humans everywhere.

It wasn't that Jaziri'il distrusted them, it was just that she knew very little.

Fear and excitement welled up in the she-wolf's breast. Her midnight blue fur made it seem as if she were cloaked by the mountain's shadow. Only the silver swirl on her tail and her piercings caught the light of the morning sun.

There were four of them on each ear - three golden studs in the upper part, and a silver hoop on the lower part. These were a symbol of her family's wealth. She was given money and things to barter, should she need it. However, she still was very awkward in her human form.

Unlike the rest of her kind, she had only transformed once - on her human 18th birthday. There was something she didn't like about it. Maybe it was the way she seemed to tower above the earth, or the dumbed sense of smell. Without really meaning to, she let out a whine.

She had to leave, but would Connlaoth accept a being such as herself? She knew that they detested mages, and though she was not a mage, she did possess limited magic. Would they hate her, too?

These things the midnight blue wolf wondered as she gazed down at the human civilization...

Anonymous

Everything was new to her... again. She had hoped the her times as a 'Jumper' were over, but she had hadto call back the talent to save the life of one she loved dearly. Sighing she hugged her knees to her chest and wrapped her colossal black wings around her slender, curved body. She was not cold, nor afraid just upset at having gone through another portal into yet another new world.

She had left everything behind again, her family, her Guild, her friends... her husband. Oh Lucivar! How she missed him. Twiddling the wedding ring upon her finger she allowed the tears to flow from her dark emerald green eyes and down her tanned cheeks, crossing over the dragon tattoo that covered the left half of her face. Brushing astrand of dark brown hair behind her pointed ear the beautiful woman wiped the tears from her soft featured face, allowing her fingers to linger upon the scar over her left eye and the one on her right cheek momentarily.

Sighing she stood up and brushed the dirt from her clothes with a scowl. She was meant to be nobility now, she had finally admitted to her royal blood and now look ather, as ragged as the days when she had been a rogue Ranger! The flowing white trousers and top had become covered in dirt, the delicate gold and silver embroidery long since fraying since her arrival from DaeLuin, she had torn the fragile chiffon sleeves from the top and discarded them, though she did miss her cloak... and her weapons. But she had left them in safety for now, she would go back for them once she found Pol.

Pol... oh Pol what had she done! They had been in a fight with some bloody savages before Pol had been thrown off the cliff they had been walking upon. In an attempt to save the lad who had become like her son she had followed after him, but her wing had been injured and she was not strong enough to pull them back up. To save both their lives she had called upon a talent she had forsaken long... she was a Portal Jumper, able to open her mind and any nearby portals into another world, even if she did not know where it would lead her. And so here shewas... with Pol... alone again.

Flicking her wings onto her back her eyes flixed upon what looked to be a Lycan. Automatically she thought of Pol and called to him.

"Pol?"

No, she knew the minute she said it that it was not her young Lord, but another of his kin.

Anonymous

OOC: Squeeeee! A person! *glomp*

Jazi was so wrapped up in her thoughts that the moment a foreign sound was made, her immediate instinct was to turn around and bare her teeth. Though her canines were pointier than the average humans, they were most certainly not those of a Vampire. In any case, though she did not know it, she did look rather silly.

She straightened her shoulders and tried her best to act like a human.
  "You startled me. Who are you, and what are you doing here?" she asked in a voice like snow - crisp and cool, yet glittering with youth.

Her silver eyes fell upon the wings. Birds had wings. Was this creature a bird? Jazi knew some Raven and a little Vulture, but knew that it would sound awkward with human vocal chords. Still, she attempted, blushing at the array of awful noises that came forth.

"You are not a bird, are you?" she asked, rather sheepishly. "No, I have not seen such a mark on the face of a bird. My apologies." She got down on all fours, just as she did when she was being punished by her Alpha. Her wolf instincts told her to lick underneath the stranger's chin to further beg forgiveness, but Jazi remembered herself.

Anonymous

Kythe cocked her head to one side and studied the other half wolf, smiling softly to herself as her emerald eyes fell upon the girl's form. She could tell a new transofrmation with great ease, and it seemed that this young one had only just started using her human form and was yet to grow comfortable in it. It had always amused with halflings like this, they always preferred one form to the other and more often than not it was the more beastly side that took preference. She herself was the same, though she had grown very comfortable within this Elven form she would forever prefer her draconic side, so easy to have a quiet life when you were a colossal three headed dragon.

Knowing she had startled the girl she made no obvious nor sudden movements, so as not to frighten her further. As Kythe smiled her own elongated canines pressed lightly into her bottom lip. Though her canines had always been like that due to her other form they had grown since the Vampyre had bitten her and her strange blood had twisted the Vampyre's curse to it's own means. In her own world there was no such thing as a Vampyre, there were creatures closely linked but nothing so odd as they and so when she had come across HIM... well he'd been quite surprised to find that all he'd done was create a stronger creature to defeat himself with rather than the slave he had antisipated. How fun it had been to tear him apart with her longer fangs he had gifted her with.

Kythe watched the girls actions with some amusement, but mostly motherly love. She'd had a pack of wolves with her once a long time ago and knew only too well what the girl was doing. Moving forward slowly so as not to frighten the child she knelt down and put a gentle hand beneath the girl's chin so that their eyes met.

"No child I am no bird. Bird's have feathers, not scales like mine."

Her voice was soft and airy, barely a whisper and yet it somehow carried, echoing slightly. It was eerily like the voice of a spirit, she sounded there but distant as though she was meerly the soul of someone dead. It was as strangely beautiful as she was and just as enchanting.

"I'm sorry for startling you young one, I thought you were my friend. But I am glad to see that there are more Lycan's here like my young Pol. What's your name?"

Anonymous

"Jaziri'il Kobiendim," she answered. "I must apologize for my strange behaviour. It is an oddity indeed that even one in my wolf clan should not be familiar with their different forms and controlling their appearance. I am afraid that I have yet to learn this art, for it is only my second time in this form," she admitted a little sheepishly.

It actually would be helpful if she knew, for Jazi was beginning to realize that having hair the length of hers was quite difficult. It sort of curled around her ankles, and then dragged a bit on the ground. It was like getting burs stuck in one's fur - an altogether unpleasant sensation, she decided.

"Ah, I see that I was very mistaken. You are indeed not a bird. Are you a reptile, then? And who might Pol be?" It took only a minute for the she-wolf to realize herself, and her across her face came an expression of horror. She had not been given permission to speak beyond answering the stranger's question. How terribly rude of her! "Oh! Please forgive me," she said, distress quite apparent in her voice.