Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Meat & Meeting: Open to whomever can stand him.

Started by Anonymous, April 21, 2007, 12:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Vaken ripped apart the huge drumstick savagely with his massive jaws, chewing grotesquely and then swallowing.  Then he did it again.  And again.  And yet again.  And he continued...

What, might you ask, was he eating?  Well...you might not want to know.  But if you really must, it was a giant bear - or what remained of a giant bear.  Now roasted over a bonfire as Vaken the Orc Chieftain barbarously ate it with fervor.  He was hungry.  He was always hungry.  Such was the way of an orc: hunting, killing, eating, and repeating it.  But he liked gold, too, and shiny things.

Right now, though, he just liked his lunch.  His giant club hung from the belt around Vaken's massive waist, and his massive flail was within very easy reach.  He might have been big and somewhat dumb, but he wasn't completely stupid - and, even if he had been, it wouldn't have mattered much.  He was still faster than most took him for - even other orcs, which is why he was cheiftain.  But now his tribe was dead.  He was the only one left, no thanks to those puny human wizards.  And now those wizards were dead.  They actually made a nice lunch, especially after the two giant bats he'd eaten - hunted from a nearby cave.  Now he was eating a giant bear though.  A giant white bear.  Or what was left of it.  And he was enjoying it.

When he was done, he let loose a belch that probably would have killed a whole garden instantly - if there had been a garden within thousands of miles of the big rock he now sat on - and let loose a large quantity of snow and ice from the other side of the valley.  Sound carried far here, and fast.  Vaken stood and stretched, scratching odd places, then picked up his massive flail and kicked snow over the fire.  It was a big fire, but he kicked a lot of snow over it.

Then he thought he heard something nearby.

"Who is there?!  Come out or I will find you and I will pound you!"

His voice was more like a rough growl than anything, vaguely reminiscent of a pack of snarling wolves.

"WHO IS THERE?!" he roared.  He didn't like puny humans sneaking up on him.  No, he didn't like it at all.  Not one bit.  No he didn't.  Puny humans.

Anonymous

"Come on, Tsubaki, there's no time to dawdle," Ayame scolded her twin sister from further up the path. Her dark, black eyes searched the sky for any sign of the hawk that was supposedly to lead them to Hyoite. It had disappeared behind the high peaks of the mountain range, it seemed. Ayame sighed in expaseration, and called again. "Tsubaki!!"

Tsubaki waved a hand dismissively as she paused to inspect a patch of tiny white flowers on the ground with mild interest. "Nee-san [note: nee-san = older sister], there's still plenty of time to get to Hyoite. Slow down and have a little fun for once.

Ayame sniffed and pulled the fur-lined hood of her coat up and over her head just as a gust of icy wind blew by, throwing up strands of her dark hair into the air and whipping them about her cold cheeks. "I'd like to get there before we freeze to death out here! Plus, we've lost our guide."

"We won't die, so stop worrying," Tsubaki replied with a grin. She pulled her parka around her body tighter and also pulled up her hood over her dark hair before leaping off the path and onto a rocky ledge. Balancing precariously on a large boulder, she glanced back over her shoulder to look expectantly at her sister. “Well, what are you waiting for? Come on!�

Ayame could only watch helplessly as her sister disappeared behind the rocks. She sighed yet again, but this time in resignation as she hurried down the path to follow her twin while muttering under her breath, “What am I going to do with her?�

Being surrounded by rock and mountains, Ayame found it difficult to make her way quickly through the terrain but she hurried as fast as she could to catch up with Tsubaki, who was far ahead of her at this point. But as she went further, the most foul stench reached her nostrils â€" in fact, it was so foul that her eyes began to tear and she was forced to cover her nose with the sleeve of her thick coat. It smelled like…blood and flesh. She nearly gagged.

“Ayame! Psst! Over here!�

Ayame’s eyes swivelled over to her right, where Tsubaki was crouching behind a boulder. Tsubaki motioned her over with one hand, the other hand indicating for her to stay quiet. There was no grin on her face anymore, no sign of her earlier excitement and adventurousness now. She was completely serious.

Ayame crouched low and joined her sister behind the large stone, shooting her a questioning glance. After Tsubaki pointed upwards, the pair slowly stood up on their knees, peeking over their rocky shelter, their dark eyes forward. Ayame nearly gasped in horror but stopped herself just in time. Tsubaki just grimaced.

“What a brutish creature,� Ayame said, wrinkling her nose in disgust as she watched the massive ogre tear through what looked to be the remains of some poor bear. Blood and body parts were everywhere.

And before they could say or do anything else, the giant of an ogre let out a deafening belch, causing the very earth to tremble and snow and ice from nearby peaks to come crashing down. The pair crouched back down, gripping the boulder with their hands to keep from fainting â€" the stench was almost unbearable! To make matters worse, the ogre had somehow detected their presence. Tsubaki’s dark eyes narrowed and her mouth set into a determined line. Ayame gave her a sharp look and tugged on her sister’s sleeve.

“No, don’t even think about it,� Ayame hissed.

Tsubaki only shook Ayame’s hand, put on a smile so sweet it had to be fake, and slowly stood up.

“Why, hello there!â€? she said, waving at the ogre cheerily as if she greeted ogres in the middle of their bloody meals every day. “I’m sorry. Am I disturbing your delicious â€" albeit disgusting â€" meal?â€?

Ayame sighed from her hiding spot and hid her face in her hands.

Anonymous

Vaken stared at the little girl.  No, not a girl.  A rock with a head.  And arms.  That wasn't right.  He didn't like things that weren't right.

"Rock with arms...and head.  That not right.  What is you?!"

Now he was angry.  He didn't like it when he didn't understand things.  Of course, he didn't understand a lot of things, but some things just didn't make sense at all.  Like a rock with a head.  And arms.  And it talked!

He sniffed, then spat.  He didn't like his meal being interrupted, either.  He glared at the rock with the head and arms until it gave an answer.

Anonymous

Tsubaki almost vomited in disgust. Even this creature was a bit much for her with his bloody meal, his rude mannerisms (spitting = gross, after all), and his absurdly low IQ. Even so, she kept a grin plastered all over her face as she clambered up atop the rock and spread out her arms.

"My name is Tsubaki, a Hiroko, a chosen one of the goddess Kimona herself!" she exclaimed triumphantly. Behind and below her, Ayame quietly groaned. Ignoring her, Tsubaki went on, "And, please, don't spit. It's a disgusting habit. Didn't your mother teach you any manners at all?"

Anonymous

Vaken started, then snorted.

"Mother dead.  She weak.  Father dead.  He was strong.  He taught Vaken to be strong hunter.  Mighty warrior!  Me fight good!  I kill all enemies!  Who this goddess Kimona?!  She strong warrior or weak woman with big nose hairs like mother?!"

It might have been funny had Vaken not been an orc - and one of the larger orcs around, to boot.  One of the larger and meaner orcs, mind.  One of the stupider ones, too, but he wasn't the son of a might war chief amongst the orcs for nothing.  He might not have had half a brain, but at least he knew how to fight - not that it took much against someone so small, though...

Anonymous

"Ahh, you mean you don't know who Kimona is?" Tsubaki asked in mock surprise. "Kimona is only the most powerful goddess around! She could kick your ol' pa's butt a hundred times over. And I can guarantee that she doesn't have long nose hairs. They're perfectly normal, thank you very much."

Tsubaki chuckled to herself. This creature was interesting, albeit disgusting and rude. She wondered...what would happen if she tried to confuse him a little? He didn't seem all too bright, after all.

"Hmm...I have a question. If your mother is dead and she was weak, if your father is dead, too, does that make him also weak? Your logic makes no sense at all. How can one be strong and one be weak but both of them dead? If your dad was truly strong, he'd still be alive, right?"

Anonymous

He started coming at her, slowly but with a roar that would have terrified a raging bull.

"MY FATHER NOT WEAK!  I KILL FATHER!  I TAKE HIS STRENGTH IN ARENA!  I ORC CHIEFTAIN NOW!  YOU NOT INSULT FATHER!  YOU NOT INSULT ME!  DIE PUNY HUMAN!"

That club was nothing to balk at, and it was coming right at the little one.  Confusing seemed only to anger him.  Apparently, something needed to be done - and quickly - before he bashed the little one's head in and ate her for desert.

Anonymous

His deafening roar made Ayame wince from behind the boulder.

"Tsubaki! What did go and do that for, eh?" she demanded fiercely, standing up. "He's coming right for us!"

Tsubaki sighed with a little smile on her lips. "Dear, dear...what a temper! We'll have to do something about that, won't we, nee-chan?"

"We?!"

"Well...he's coming towards the both of us, isn't he? And he looks pretty angry - whoops!" Tsubaki cried, leaping out of the way of the orc's ferocious swinging. His club made contact with their sturdy boulder, only to smash it to rubble. Ayame, too, leapt out of the way and joined her sister some twenty feet away.

"Look what you did!" Ayame screamed at her sister, drawing her twin razor fans from within her coat. "Now we have to deal with this because of you."

"Hey, let's just call it a fun detour," Tsubaki countered, drawing her chakrams with a feral grin. "We haven't seen any action in a long time!"

Tsubaki banged the bladed rings in her hands together, causing them to clang loudly and create several orange sparks to get the orc's attention. Dim-witted as he was, even he couldn't ignore the sharp sounds.

"Hey, you! Yeah, you, the ugly one with the anger management problems!!" Tsubaki cried, waving one of her chakrams in the air above her head. "You want a fight? You got one right here! Let's see what you've got!"

And before Ayame could stop her, Tsubaki leapt forward at a nearly impossible speed, throwing one of her chakrams right at the orc's beefy neck.

Anonymous

((LOL This is gonna be fun. ^_^ ))

He was too quick, though.  No brains, but quick enough.  The Chakram caught in his club and he looked at it for a moment.  Then he angrily slammed it into the ground, releasing the Chakram from its wooden captor but severely bending (and nearly breaking) the supposedly strudy metal.

"YOU INSULT FATHER!  YOU INSULT ME!  NOW YOU TRY TO KILL ME!  ME NO LIKE YOU NO MORE!  ME SMASH!!"

Unfortunately, his swing missed the intended target - the Chakram-wielding girl - and headed straight for her sister.

Anonymous

((Haha, isn't mindless fighting always fun? XD))

It took just one glance for Tsubaki to realize that her chakram was of no use to her anymore.

"Tch, you bastard!!" she screamed, picking up her bent chakram and throwing it in the orc's direction, her eyes flaming. It fell the ground with a clang some ten feet away. "Look what you did, you great, stupid, filthy..."

Tsubaki's words died in her throat, and it was probably for the best, seeing as the next words were...not so appropriate. She looked on in shock as the orc charged towards her sister, but before she could cry out a warning, her sister was already prepared for the attack.

Ayame readied herself, one bladed fan in each hand. Just as he was about to attack, she leapt into the air and took a swipe at the great orc's neck and then used the orc's tough back as a springboard to propel herself forward and away.

"Damn you, Tsubaki, why'd you have to go and aggravate him more?!"

Tsubaki grinned. "Hey, you got away, didn't you? But he doesn't seem to like us anymore, though...look how angry you made him..."

"What?! That was all your fault!!"

Anonymous

The blades merely scratched him - they didn't even break his thick skin - but his head hit a rock so hard that it knocked him out when he fell.  It was a few minutes when he woke again.  Then he looked around, rubbed his head, and said (still sitting): "Whos is yous?"

Apparently, his memory only lasted as long as his anger.  One thing was for sure, though.  If he could be convinced, he'd make one hell of a bodyguard...

((Hey, if you wanna RP with a nymph, I got one in the last link in my sig. :) ))

Anonymous

((I'd love to but I only have two free characters: Sarelle and Ilithyia. Ilithyia's out of the question because she likes to stay tucked away in her home in Connlaoth, and Sarelle's the opposite - as far away from Connlaoth as she can get x_x; ))

Tsubaki looked on in wonder as the orc promptly knocked himself out and, as he roused himself again, he looked around in bewilderment with apparently no memory of what had happened. What a confusing creature! She shot her sister a puzzled look. Ayame shrugged back.

Sighing, Tsubaki approached the orc cautiously and stopped far enough away so that, if the creature decided to try anything funny, she could easily dodge and leap away.

"Eh? You mean you don't remember me?" Tsubaki asked, her hands on her hips. "Geez...you really hit your head hard, didn't you? But in case you haven't noticed, we were in the middle of a fight. I was winning, of course."

Anonymous

(( :lol: ))

"I not fight you.  You not worth Vaken's time."

He grunted as he heaved himself to his massive feet, towering over the little ones before him as he stood.  He looked down at the girl that had been speaking, snorting and then speaking himself.

"You too little to fight.  Vaken needs big strong enemy, like father in arena.  He was tough, but I won.  I orc chieftain now.  What's you name, little puny human?"

Anonymous

"WHAT?!" Tsubaki screamed indignantly. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M PUNY AND WEAK?! IF ANYTHING, I WOULD HAVE BEATEN YOU TO A PULP IF YOU HADN'T KNOCKED YOURSELF OUT, YOU BIG, STUPID, STINKY - Umph!!"

Ayame clamped a hand over Tsubaki's mouth and dragged her away from the orc. She let out a small, nervous laugh.

"Please excuse my sister! She doesn't know what she's saying. You know, she has a bit of a mental problem," Ayame said. "Right, Tsubaki?"

Tsubaki glared at her sister but didn't attempt to say anything.

Taking that as a 'yes', Ayame continued, "So you're orc chieftan? Wow, you must be very strong indeed! Too strong for us, I think. How about we just leave you in peace? We really need to get going anyway. Do you know the way to Hyoite?"

Anonymous

The orc stared at her, but said nothing.  Then he snorted, or grunted, or something that could almost be taken for an orcish laugh, anyway.  "Me take you.  Me lead you to big city.  Me have friends there.  Me need big ale brew anyway.  Me lead."

And without another word, he headed past them carrying that massive club of his and rounded the corner, heading down the wide path that led to the city.

Anonymous

((Sorry...for some reason, that double-posted. :shock: ))

Anonymous

Tsubaki and Ayame gaped in shock as the orc rounded the corner and out of sight. Slowly, Ayame's hand loosed its vice-like grip over her sister's mouth.

Tsubaki threw off Ayame's hand carelessly and asked, "Uh...did he just..."

"Offer to take us to Hyoite?" Ayame said, finishing her sister's question. "I...I think so."

"But what about our guide?"

Ayame and Tsubaki looked up towards the heavens simultaneously, scanning the vast blue above them for any sign of the hawk that had been leading them through the mountains. Indeed, a small dark speck high above could be seen swooping far up in the sky.

"There he is," Ayame said, pointing. "I suppose he's too frightened to approach that orc creature. Can't blame him, really. The orc would probably make a fast meal out of him before we could ask if he wanted anything to drink."

Tsubaki sighed. "If he'd make a fast meal outta that bird, then what about us, eh? He's probably leading us right to his tribe where all his followers will instantly tear into us. Even we wouldn't be able to handle more than one mad orc together. I can just see it now - a Hiroko buffet with a hawk as an appetizer! We should just kill him before he has a chance to do the same to us!"

"Have a bit of faith, all right? We'll see where he takes us but we can still be cautious," Ayame replied. "Come on, let's follow before we lose sight of him."

Tsubaki groaned but reluctantly followed her sister and the orc. She had a bad feeling about this.

Anonymous

It was several hours of traveling, unfortunately.  Vaken spent most of the time just blasting snow dunes aside with that club of his, making a path where there was none.  Finally, though, as the sun began to set, the city came into view.  The small valley below them was it.

"There!  There great city!  Me take you in!"

He pointed with his club, then started down the incline.  When they reached the gates, there were no guards to be seen - but there was some blood on the walls and ground and the gates looked like something had tried to rip them apart - only succeeding in wrenching the wrought-iron into a menacingly twisted shape.  Inside the city, there was a tavern a little ways past the gates.  Sure enough, there sat a half-dozen orcs just as huge, mean, and foul as Vaken himself.  They were chieftains from other tribes.  He hollared, and they hollared back.  Apparently, they'd taken up the entire small tavern - seeing as how no one wanted to seem to deal with them, not even the guards.  And considering what had obviously happened back at the gates, who could blame them?

"You go now," he said to the girls.  "This city.  Go enjoy city, puny humans."

He went and sat and drank and ate with his 'buddies'.

Anonymous

Ayame and Tsubaki gaped at what they saw at the city gates. Blood and the stench of death covered the place, and their faces took on a slight greenish tinge.

Tsubaki spotted the gathering of orcs and promptly rounded on them, pointing at the splotches of blood and the twisted iron gates. "HEY! Yeah, you guys! What's this all about, eh?"

Ayame smacked her forehead. "Tsubaki, just leave it," she hissed through clenched teeth. "There's no way you can do anything about it now."

"I DON'T CARE!" Tsubaki yelled out angrily. "They're filthy murderers!"

Anonymous

Vaken had been given three massive mugs of a very dark ale called Orc's Brew as soon as he sat down.  He'd also downed all three in one swift motion - and then he'd done it with three more.  Now was drinking from a pitcher of the stuff.  He set down his glass and let out a belch fit to flay a dragon.  The others didn't seem to notice, though several people already hurrying past the tavern suddenly set out at a dead run from it.  Vaken wiped his mouth with one massive arm as he and several others turned to look at the puny humans.  They laughed uproariously at the whole scene.

"Go play with other puny humans, puny human!  You not bother us!" said on orc.  The others (including Vaken) laughed.  Then they all turned back to their drinks and talk of who had the biggest club and which one should come back with food - live food, of course.  Ors were always up for fresh meat.  Literally.