Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Winds of Canador (M)

Started by visualspice, June 15, 2013, 03:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Not all heroes have good beginnings," Pao mused. "Some actually begin on the wrong side." Chuckling, she studied him. "Yes, eat up. I.." she winced, rubbing at her neck. "I go get oils for myself, ya? You eat your fill. I be back." ANd she vanished into a back room behind a curtain of beads.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Enzo furrowed his brow as she excused herself and frowned.  He supposed it wasn't her business to discern his sorrow.  Particularly if fate had literally thrown her at him and he hadn't even paid her her coin yet.  So he did as he was told and ate quietly while she tended to herself.  After a while when she didn't return, Enzo looked up at the beaded curtain and called out, "Are you sure you're all right?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

When Pao had returned, she was wearing dark colored silks that hugged her form, barely leaving anything to the imagination.
"Yes?" she said, standing between the beaded curtain as she parted it. she rubbed at her neck still.
"Ay, I think this spot in my neck might take days to heal." She shook her head, then moved to light an incense that began to awaken sweet smells about the room. She picked up the bowl it was smoking from and smiled over at him. "I see you ate well. Is there anything else I migh tbe able to do for you to allow for more comfort?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Enzo stood up from his spot at the tabel and moved over to her, eying her with a narrowed gaze, honing in on her outfit for one then the way she rubbed her neck.  He shook his head at her question.  "No, but there may be something I can do for you. Just breathe in a moment through your mouth and hold it.  There is a pressure point that can relieve considerable tension, particularly to those that fall off of balconies," he uttered before moving behind her and gently feeling her neck.  His thumbs inspected it, massaging down to the nape of her neck before feeling a bunp that went out of place and quickly snapped it in.  "There.  Does that feel better?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Pao blinked, eyes following Enzo as he moved behind her. Well, this was a change of events. Then with his hands moving against her neck, she could of purred; and at the jolt, the sudden 'pop', her eyes widened. She stood up suddenly, eyes wide, hands feeling at her neck.
"Aya! It feels much better!" and her eyes remained upon his as she smiled.
"You will have to teach me that trick, ya?"

Lion

Enzo laughed.  He clapped his hands together before stepping away just a little.  "It's just a manner of knowing the more sensitive pressure points on the body.  Your back and neck are very important, and they ought to remain strong.  You could end up a crippled old lady if you don't take good care of it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes, I suppose I am not as young as I had once been. Pains start to come from places I am not used to, and wrinkles I try to hide by my eyes. But come, you can show me the secret later, I'm sure. I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of one another." Then she gestured her hand out. "Keep seated in a relaxed position and give to me your hand, laying it palm up and resting hte back of it against my open palm."

Lion

"You look quite young to me.  I suppose true age starts to show from within before it affects you without," Enzo replied with a grin.  When she offered her hand to him, he knelt beside the table and extended his hands to her in the same position she indicated and peered at her with squinted eyes.  "You're going to read my fortune again?" he jested.  "I thought I had to pay you first.  I'm not even sure how much you charge."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao gave a smug smirk at his comment, then to him questioning then money, she waved it off with her other hand before placing her palm beneath his outstretched hadn, and waved her other hand, tickling down along side his exposed palm.
"This would be free of charge, naturally. YOu come seeking answers? Ya.. well, tonight will be free, but we shall see about tomorrow."She said wtih a wink, but no sooner did she press her hand against his did she flinched back. "AYA!" and looked down at her hand. There was now a small cut upon it as she blinked and then looked down to his palm, her nose reeking of acid as her head began to swim.

Pao was one to indulge in such a moment, but she also felt like she could not breath. SHe sat back away from him, eyes wide, breath short, heart beating fast.

"I.. I can not see anything, and I cut.." She grit her teeth. There was so much blood. "Such a little scratch- aya!" and she moved away, grabbing up a towel to clot the blood.
"Some darkness surrounds you,"s he told him bluntly, eyes to his as she returned to the ground. "The simple readings might not work... and I fear what our dreams may show this evening. If my palm can be cut from such a simple contact, who's to say our very dreams might not come alive?"

Lion

Enzo shrank back at the indication of the cut on her hand and glared down at his own when she bent moved away to cover her wound.  He did not understand it.  And her own bewilderment did not help his worry either.  Every instinct told him this was the working of Matakopas, but something else seemed to warn him there was more to it than that.

"What will we dream tonight?" he asked lowly.  "You will see what I see?  Or vice versa?"  His gaze grew dark and he approached her.  "What did you see when you fell from the cliff?  You said you have powerful visions at the strangest times.  What did you see?  Tell me!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Those are many questions, ones that can be answered in time, I am sure," Pao began. She studied his face a moment. "And when I first saw you, I simply saw a stranger in town. That was until my mind went hazy and my eyes rolled into the back of my head." She demonstrated by letting her own eyes roll, then dramatically, she flopped forward, but caught herself, since it was an act.
"Though it was curious indeed, but I had no visions, only the recollection of smell, the same sulfur and blood that stings inside my nose, sometimes during my dreams. My dreams of the monsters that come to swallow this world whole."

Lion

"There is no more time to waste for excuses and dodges," Enzo pressed, leaning in closer to her, his jaw hardening.  "You saw something more.  Matakopas wouldn't have even bothered with you if you hadn't seen something he deemed important.  He is much more powerful and keener than we can perceive.  And he can sense when things are amiss even before anyone else can know it.  You saw something!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes, I saw you!" she shouted impatiently, hands to her hips. "What do you expect me to have visions every waking hour of the day? I passed out, too many things surged inside my head that I can not even decipher what it had meant. Though I do recall the blood.."and she paused, thinking back. "And to the way the land opened up, splitting in half like a wound..."
And then recalling even further, she paled, whispering something in her own language and crossed a mark across her chest.

Lion

Enzo reached out and grabbed her hard by the shoulders.  "What split the ground open?  What blood?  I knew it.  What did he mean by awakening the beast?  Because your face betrays you, fortune teller!  If fate sent us together, then we cannot delay further.  Tell me what you saw...heavens forbid that we act too late."  His eyes were troubled, fluxing red and gold as he let go of her at last and turned around, trying to understand the meaning of all this.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao found herself momentarily distracted by the fluctuating color of his eyes. Blinking, she hissed out more words from her language.
"Kaya! SO many questions, aye!" She rubbed at her temples, giving a shake of her head before she frowned and eyed the man over. "It is same as dark dreams I had before, some creature, blood in skin, skin of earth, reached out in terror to grab me." Then she waved it off as if it were nothing. "And then I woke up and you were there." She made a face, still looking into his eyes, making another mark across her skin, this time taking her paints and doing it to her flesh. "Eyes.." she growled. "Like gold, like sun... and blood."

Lion

Enzo paused, breathless at the revelation of her vision.  It still didn't make much sense, but it was a lot more clarifying than the confusion that had previously set in.  He watched her paint the eye on her skin and then up at her.   His hand reached out to touch the paint, tracing along the design.  "My eyes...?" he slowly breathed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

With a hand to her hips, she gave a roll of her eyes.
"Yes, your eyes. It's not every day someone possesses such colors, and colors that never sit still." Then she swatted his hands away from where he was tracing over the paints on her chest, and moved to grumble more words in her own language and  took the paints onto her fingers without warning,a nd painted two lines above his eyes, then sealed one dot in the center, using her thumb and continued muttering more things in Saranthian tribal tongue.

"You are a restless one.. in mind, body, and soul."

Lion

He swatted her hand out of the way, much as she done him.  "What are you doing?  I thought you couldn't have any more visions.  They took a lot out of you!" he scowled at her and reached up to rub the paints off his face.  But he stopped before he could wipe them off.  "I-...I'm sorry.  You're right.  About almost everything.  I-I am restless.  I can't stop...sometimes I think I'll be too late again.  And I can't let that happen.  I-I just can't.  He already took everything from me.  Why should he take more from others?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Pao scowled.
"I can see visions in waking or night, but it seems tonight I have no choice. ANd keep the paints as they are. They will help you see." And she frowned, looking him over, but said nothing as she move to leave, disappearing into a side room behind a bead curtain, cursing and muttering more phrases in her native tongue.  When she returned, she held a small beaded web in hand, one made of leather as she placed it into his hand.
"Use this to protect your dreams from the demons that plague you. YOu will need it more than I this night."

Lion

He took the beaded web quietly and held it between both hands.  "What is this?  How do I use it?" he said quietly.  "Thank you.  I'm sorry again.  I will use it."  He moved away from the table and out to the floor where he kept his gear, sitting down in a cross-legged position as he set the web down before him, just staring at it.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn